Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 15/12/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted

Well that was a very interesting evening, we lost power for an hour right when the squall passed through, but now it is quite calm, like nothing happened.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Looks like another squall line has developed south of the one tracking towards southeast Wales, and this southern one seems to be heading towards South Somerset now, out of south Devon.

Edited by Somerset Squall
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Wind has dropped out here very spooky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

absolutely lashing down with rain now, and the wind is howling, latest gust here at Lyneham 61mph, sustained winds of 45 mph...not good

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Pirate FM travel news really emphasises the chaos on the roads tonight, power cuts, trees down, lots of flooding. The list is huge from Liskeard to St Just, from Newquay to the Lizard, there are problems everywhere!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Wind has dropped out here very spooky

i know what you mean...very calm now.... Total now 155.2mm.... I think that is enough for the day!
  • Like 1

Posted

Pirate FM travel news really emphasises the chaos on the roads tonight, power cuts, trees down, lots of flooding. The list is huge from Liskeard to St Just, from Newquay to the Lizard, there are problems everywhere!

Yes indeed - my twitter timeline is bursting with updates about flooding and downed trees. Going to be a big clear up needed to get things moving again in the morning. Rain has eased here considerably - is this just a lull or is the worst over for us?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, freezing rain, hail, thunderstorms!

Sorry to hear about the flooding Wormster - I hope it doesn't b****r your Christmas! Thoughts are with you mate!

Absolutely blowing the worst it's been here today in South Somerset, must be gusting near 60mph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

absolutely lashing down with rain now, and the wind is howling, latest gust here at Lyneham 61mph, sustained winds of 45 mph...not good

Yep not good in Newbury either whistling through... Oh my godness it is bad.. squall not arrived yet.. yikes. Sustained wind and my fence is going,.. Just heard a load of sirens...
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yes indeed - my twitter timeline is bursting with updates about flooding and downed trees. Going to be a big clear up needed to get things moving again in the morning. Rain has eased here considerably - is this just a lull or is the worst over for us?

Worst of the rain has gone now but a few showers to pass through soon by the looks of it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The winds are phenomenal. down here at the quay. I've not seen them this bad for now years. the Windows are actually bowing, damage all over the place! I dread to think what the result will be in the south east? Take care. all!

Posted
  • Location: Atherfield, 0.8 km from SW coast, Isle of Wight, 35m ASL
  • Location: Atherfield, 0.8 km from SW coast, Isle of Wight, 35m ASL

Sorry to hear about the flooding Wormster - I hope it doesn't b****r your Christmas! Thoughts are with you mate!Absolutely blowing the worst it's been here today in South Somerset, must be gusting near 60mph

Thanks man. First time in the 11 years that I've lived here that water was high enough to get in.  Not got a rain gauge, but there must be some pretty serious totals building up.  I think it was the squall front that run across the Island around 7 or 8 pm that caused the issue.  Seems to have stabalised now as it just 'raining hard'.  Sandbags still not here though, I think now I would prefer a snow event please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

The winds are phenomenal. down here at the quay. I've not seen them this bad for now years. the Windows are actually bowing, damage all over the place! I dread to think what the result will be in the south east? Take care. all!

My windows are bowing in my house, insane now, looks like squall line could head our way in next hour ish

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Still chucking it down and howling winds here ...................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Crashing sounds in the garden and lights flickering.., 35.8mm of rain today, 978mb.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

47.0mm, pressure 977mb, blimmin windy

• Like 1

Posted

Down in Gosport 2 miles from the beach near Portsmouth and the wind is immense - strongest I have seen in a long while - seems to be at it most powerful right now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

a quick repost from me...

latest radar grab showing LEWP stretching up from the Severn Estuary up to Birmingham and a second line segment from Exeter into somerset and south Wilts.....expect torrential rain and violent wind gusts (and possible tornadic activity) from these features especially towards the southern ends of these segments

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Squall line has hit here, the winds are about the same but the rain is the most intense it has been all evening, slamming against the windows, sounds like there may be some hail in it too.

Edited by Somerset Squall

Posted

W COUNTRY It's going to take to early hours for rain to fade from W across many districts, especially to SE areas. Not good.

Looking forward to when that squeal line gets here, Stormy day, Better now then on Crimbo day 

Edited by lfcdude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Rain lashing down, tiles off roof - too dangerous to go and check at the moment...Merry Christmas 2013!

Posted

Whoaa; the most insane rainfall in Gloucester for past 15 minutes! In addition to heavy falls all day; impressive storm indeed and sure to be causing surface flooding all over the city

Posted

Whoaa; the most insane rainfall in Gloucester for past 15 minutes! In addition to heavy falls all day; impressive storm indeed and sure to be causing surface flooding all over the city