Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 15/12/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Jeeze its mental out there now.

certainly is, lights flickering frequently now, gusts are insane

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Astounding totals on the moors, thanks for sharing those stats. Imagine if this had been snow!

insane totals Beast,if only it was snow

My word, I would be going out through the roof if this was snow!Also, we have done it.... 152.8mm total now!!
  • Like 6

Posted

Ive never heard wind like this...I was too far north for the hurricane of '88...I live in a park home and its proper scary!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Atherfield, 0.8 km from SW coast, Isle of Wight, 35m ASL

Flooded out now.  Island Roads delivering sandbags to me.  Kitchen under water, dining room under water, lifting furniture now in living room.  What a Sh***er.  At least there's still power and a wood burner. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Flooded out now.  Island Roads delivering sandbags to me.  Kitchen under water, dining room under water, lifting furniture now in living room.  What a Sh***er.  At least there's still power and a wood burner. 

Hope your ok Wormster, take it easy, stay safe, awaiting sandbags myself, just starting to come level with back door, it getting worse out there and no let up in the rain for a good few hours

Posted

Wormster that's terrible - hope you can get cleared up and have a relatively good Christmas. :(

Good luck to you too Cyclonic. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Erbyskerby
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Sorry to hear that, Wormster. Stay warm and hope things look brighter in the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Really sorry to hear that.... Stay safe
  • Like 1

Posted

pictures?

Posted

It is hideous outside here right now.  Gusts today have been over 50mph.  Looking at the maps, am I right in thinking there is a squall heading this way which is going to cause more mayhem?

OR, will it reduce in intensity as it moves across to mid south?

Posted

Thanks guys, problem is the cottage is surrounded.  Pumping out would be fruitless, but I'll be grateful for the sandbags for the night after boxing day if not tonight.  The level will drop fairly quickly after it stops, at least I know that ( I am by a small stream normally, but it's a torrent tonight ).  I imagine others are having a much tougher time than me tonight anyway.  Luckily the kids are home from Uni to help deal with the issue.  The presents are dry!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Really feel for you Wormster ........

Not much fun tonight at all....................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Has that squall line crossed the Severn estuary - seems like it!Wormster - gutted for you; stay safe.

I think it's just arriving where I live now - a few miles east of the Severn Crossings - really sounds quite violent out there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

What a shame, your in our thoughts mate, stay safe , take no risks , safety before possessions at all times :)
  • Like 2

Posted

Hope your ok Wormster, take it easy, stay safe, awaiting sandbags myself, just starting to come level with back door, it getting worse out there and no let up in the rain for a good few hours

Really sorry to hear this I hope the rain eases off for you both soon 

• Like 1

Posted

Here is the kitchen just after it started.

post-13277-0-13880600-1387839432_thumb.j