Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 15/12/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted

Definitely picked up again around Portsmouth in the last 30 minutes. Glad I didn't have to travel today, sounds like chaos out there. Rather worried about tonight. If we got to 72mph earlier today and I compare the model output for 4pm with midnight's, I wonder if we'll eventually get gusts up to 90mph, and just how much more trouble would that cause.

Just looked at the rainfall radar too, that's a stupid amount of rain heading our way! Good grief, there'll be flooding all over the place by morning. 

Edited by rjbw
  • Like 1

Posted

I would say that the outlaying districts will be under water too- it seems very windy again too........or is that my imagination ??? How heavy rain are we talking here ?!

There was a lot of run off from fields onto the path as well... The fields are soon to be built on as well, how this can be justified I have no idea!Well, er, it's looking rather heavy...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

High res EURO4 model highlights a risk of some wintriness across the highest peaks of the moors on Boxing Day;

post-12721-0-04739400-1387828549_thumb.jpost-12721-0-36459700-1387828657_thumb.jpost-12721-0-50704300-1387828664_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

A lot of roads now impassable on the Island, and being an island there are not many other routes you can take to get to your destination without coming across other flooded areas, winds have ranked up also, some beefy gusts now

Stay safe guys, also stay safe if have too travel, take extra time...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

The wind is picking up here again after a few hours of relative calm. Rain sheeting down as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Is this with more wind or just rain?

Winds are likely to increase with gusts of around 80mph for the south region between midnight and 3am

Edited by Cyclonic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

horrible looking squall line over cornwall

Yes - I'm watching this, going to have to stay up and watch!

Posted

I must say I am looking forward to checking my gauge tomorrow morning as I think a new 24 hour record may be set.

I emptied it during the brief hour lull and there was 31mm, looking at the radar there is every chance of doubling that which would be a new 24 hour record 7am-7am) for me!

We are at 97.2mm of rain today.... close to that 'magical' 100mm now!!

Goodness! What is the total now?

Posted

Sustained wind seems to be stronger than before but without the scary super gusts. This is like a normal strong storm but on top of earlier and with all that rain coming in it's going to cause some problems tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

My Baro was reading 955.4 at about 6.45 it has dropped to 981.4. It is dropping very steadily.  The wind has picked up to with gusts ranging from 15-20 mph.  I am wondering what sort of reading to expect when the storm front is very close by.  Not sure if this is possible for anyone to judge.  Still learning you see.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Absolutely teeming it down out there, wind picking up again, going to be some high totals tonight, how's all our totals so far? I'm at 37.8mm,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I have tons of oily shizz running down my chimney, the wall is ruined! I have been in the loft, the pointing to it is saturated like wet sand, the lead flashing has come apart too, what a mess!

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

I suspect that my 24 hour rainfall record (09.00 to 09.00) may be exceeded too.  Present record, from 1999 is 51mm and I've already removed 36mm up to 17.00.  At this rate, the turkey's going to remain at the butcher's shop as I can't see us getting out of the village in the morning.

• Like 1

Posted

Torro.org mentioning possible tornado activity! Yikes!

edit: Smoggy beat me to it.

Edited by Bristle boy
  • Like 1