Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 15/12/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Calm here too, rain doing it's usual thing of splitting as it moves across the Welsh mountains & the Quantocks. Hopefully I will be spared most of the wind & rain.

Already have two fence panels down at the back of the garden from the storm the other day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Calm here too, rain doing it's usual thing of splitting as it moves across the Welsh mountains & the Quantocks. Hopefully I will be spared most of the wind & rain. Already have two fence panels down at the back of the garden from the storm the other day.

I'll raise you, two more panels. Two posts as well. I think I will be down at least another three come Sunday.
  • Like 2

Posted

I fear for the rest of the panels, there's another two on that row. I fairly sure they will be down by the weekend also.

Then it's a question of finding out who going to pay to fix them, fairly sure they are not mine, but will have to go around & chat to the other people & see what they think

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

I fear for the rest of the panels, there's another two on that row. I fairly sure they will be down by the weekend also. Then it's a question of finding out who going to pay to fix them, fairly sure they are not mine, but will have to go around & chat to the other people & see what they think

You can tell who's panels are who's, it's all about the posh side of the panel. If your looking at the better side it's yours!! All of the ones down IMBY are mine!! Typical
  • Like 1

Posted

They are not mine then, thank god for that.

We have got a row of bushes in front of them, which the naighbours cut back early this year. I think it's that cutting back which has exposed the panels to the wind, causing them to come down.

Sorry to hear the panels are yours.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Very stormy here.... In fact, so stormy that a gust a few minutes ago made the building shake! Could be interesting today....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Pressure dropping and rain and wind now picking up in Bristol, looks like it could get nasty wind wise this evening as secondary low goes through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Thunderstorms and Heatwaves

Update from the BBC website : 360 households are without electricity on the Lizard peninsula in south Cornwall, because of a fault on the overhead power lines. Western Power Distribution says it's weather related.

Edited by RCT

Posted

8:55pm

A motorist has reported a fallen tree on the A390 at Rosudgeon, in between Penzance and Helston.

It is understood the tree is blocking one side of the

carriageway, but is passable with care.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Morning,

Just had a gust of 45mph! And it's building think I will need some new fence panels for xmas

Fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

And so it begins.

Wet & very windy here with it only worsening as the day progresses.

The weather station in Swindon just recorded a gust of 46mph. Does't sound like much, but it's the highest gust it has recorded in three years. In the past two hours, the low has deepened by 8mb, if it keeps this up it is going to be an awful day for most of us.

Edited by Sainsbo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

On Mullie's little hill, I'd expect a few mills of drizzle and maybe a couple of stones of hail on the lee side. His cider cans will have more of an impact on the local community. 

Posted Image Posted Image  Good to see you back again!

Well certainly a good blow out there today Posted Image sustained wind speeds seem quite impressive so far.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

And so it begins.Wet & very windy here with it only worsening as the day progresses.

With a bit of luck the timing of the rain means we get a bit of a lull during this afternoons rush hour, until the next washout moves in late evening onwards.

Winds will still be strong though with lots of surface water around obviously..

No respite for the last minute Xmas shoppers and those travelling around!

Edited by Chris K
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Localised gusting to 29.4 km/h . Precipitation 2.1mm Temperature 9.4c. Humidity 89%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Latest from Ian;

"W COUNTRY 0925GMT Latest @metoffice assessment retains firm signal for highest winds & rain totals across #Dorset & S #Wiltshire into #Hants. Expect fragmentary lull in rainfall across W/N areas later afternoon-early eve before it re-establishes again mid-late eve. Later tonight, emphasis for strongest winds (gusts to 70+mph) becomes focused into S/SE of England, essentially from #Hampshire eastwards."

Basically, don't be fooled by a brief lull this afternoon. Some very heavy rain possible early evening onwards for some, including squall like features.

• Like 6

Posted

Very wet still here, and some strong gusts getting up... Almost a certainty we're going to lose a couple of fence panels in the back garden, as they are already bending, and we've got another 10mph or slightly more to add to the gust strength still, as they're shown to be peaking around midday...

Edit: one fence panel down!

Edited by dec10snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Just reported gusts of 51mph on the hill overlooking Radstock. It really is wild out there. Why does it always coincide with rubbish collection day. Here's the latest from my station.

http://www.weatherlink.com/user/RadstockUK/

Edited by Gibby

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Very wet still here, and some strong gusts getting up... Almost a certainty we're going to lose a couple of fence panels in the back garden, as they are already bending, and we've got another 10mph or slightly more to add to the gust strength still, as they're shown to be peaking around midday...Edit: one fence panel down!

Sorry dec10snow -didn't catch the fence panel .................bit .That isn't fun ..........

It is horrible out there .Branches are down on the A38 between Welly and Taunton.........take care out there .........

Posted

Sorry dec10snow -didn't catch the fence panel .................bit .That isn't fun .......... It is horrible out there .Branches are down on the A38 between Welly and Taunton.........take care out there .........

Nope, not great, luckily it's not mine to pay, it's my parents :POkay, luckily I'm not travelling far today, got to go to work, but that's in town so hopefully shouldn't be too bad!