Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe Atlantic storm Wednesday 18th December 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Look at this....(circled)

post-11361-0-17202000-1387402447_thumb.j

Note it shows the observation here is 20:00hrs.

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

probably local topography or an error in the data

or maybe something convective?

Posted Image

Posted

If you not seen it yet the Met Office have AMBER WARNINGS FOR WIND check these here:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1387324800

This is from the Met Office - 

Severe gale force winds will affect parts of Northern Ireland, western, central and northern Scotland. A swathe of storm force winds will progress northwards with time, perhaps clipping the far north of Northern Ireland before moving north to affect the western Isles and skirting western and northwestern fringes of mainland Scotland.Gusts of 70 to 80 mph are expected within the Amber warning area, and to around 90 mph in some of the more exposed locations in western Scotland and the Western Isles. Such winds will lead to very large waves with some coastal over-topping likely. Some heavy rain is also expected. The rain and the strongest winds will clear early on Thursday, giving way to blustery and wintry showers.The public should be prepared for disruption to transport and possibly power supplies.

Posted

Mace Head, on the western Galway coast, reported max sustained winds of 32 m/s (72 mph) and a gust of 40 m/s (90 mph).

03963 164// /2530 10073 20049 39673 49700 57040 60142 87///

333 10110 87/17 90710 91140 91232=

post-18939-0-81842400-1387404195_thumb.p

• Like 3

Posted

Nice example of LEWP on the cold front as it moves E accross the country

and LEWP=what please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

What time is the squall line reaching Luton?

More like drizzle line, from the look of the radar

Posted

Nice example of LEWP on the cold front as it moves E accross the country

Line Echo Wave Pattern

Posted

Rain rattling my window!! very very gusty gales here

Posted

Line Echo Wave Pattern

well I learn something every day, and it means what please?

found it=ta Google

LINE ECHO WAVE PATTERN (LEWP) A wave-shaped bulge in a line of thunderstorms. It may often be seen as a "S"-shaped radar echo signature and is often associated with severe weather.

>>> http://www.weather.com/glossary/l.html

It is I suspect perhaps another over used and not really understood term for web sites?

Edited by johnholmes
  • Like 4

Posted

It arriving - squall line!

post-11361-0-95493600-1387405389_thumb.j

(circled area most interesting)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observations/city-of-london-greater-london#?tab=map&map=Rainfall&locId=350928&zoom=7&lon=-1.61&lat=52.26&fcTime=1387360800

Posted

well I learn something every day, and it means what please?

found it=ta Google

LINE ECHO WAVE PATTERN (LEWP) A wave-shaped bulge in a line of thunderstorms. It may often be seen as a "S"-shaped radar echo signature and is often associated with severe weather.

>>> http://www.weather.com/glossary/l.html

It is I suspect perhaps another over used and not really understood term for web sites?

I use the most common words and that is squall line! some on here get to techy!. I see it as a thin but intense line of precipitation with gusts squally winds associated with it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Getting quite gusty again as the winds swing more westerly. Nothing like what the western isles will experience into the small hours! A slightly quieter day tomorrow before the next system arrives from the Atlantic during Friday.

Posted

hello all ,not very often i post here but over the past two or so hours the wind gusts have increased enough for me to take note and see whats going on , so far i have found a couple of roof tiles in the back garden with little bits of insulation stuck to the fence(guessing its mine) , not much you may think  , but the storm last week damaged my roof to the point water was pouring through the smoke alarm ,as it was connected to the mains i dare not , and would not, try and remove it , so spent the whole day with the alarm sounding till an electrician arrived. 

im thinking of bringing my two kids down stairs to sleep , my roof seems to be taking a pounding  , i love extreme weather, but at the moment  ,things are getting a bit wild here..even for my standards.

hope everyone else is safe and well

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Drove from Huntingdon to Dudley via A14 and M6, M5. Awful conditions along the A14 in Northants and Cambs, some areas flooded, problem is the road isn't lit and you can't see it until you've hit it, nearly lost control twice...and even at 50mph which is what I ended up at it's extremely dangerous. Parts of the M6 was flooded near Coventry and the rain was that heavy I had to slow down to 30mph at one point. Window wipers going full couldn't clear the amount of water, dangerous conditions out there and a real need for the whole motorway and a road networks to be lit.

Posted

once again looking like a plonker telling my family big storm coming then guess what .....its never as bad not that i want it noooo i like my tv toooo much.

Posted

once again looking like a plonker telling my family big storm coming then guess what .....its never as bad not that i want it noooo i like my tv toooo much.

just move to Scotland , stormy weather at least every 3 months ...oh and free prescriptions Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

just move to Scotland , stormy weather at least every 3 months ...oh and free prescriptions Posted Image

same as NI then lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

It was very windy here this evening and I suspect that there would have been a more widespread yellow warning given out by the Met Office if it was in summer, as there looks to have been widespread gusts between 45-55mph even down here in exposure around Wiltshire.

Got 41mph on the house, but the wind was coming from the south which is the worst direction for getting the most of the winds as there are a load of trees in the way.