Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe Atlantic storm Wednesday 18th December 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Expect widespread damaging wind gusts to 110 mph in parts of Northern Ireland and western Scotland (including some parts of east where exposed to channelling of westerly winds) and some parts of northwest England too, as this storm has wound up to near 950 mbs and is still dropping, could bottom out close to 943 mbs near Hebrides later. There may be some 2-3m storm surge or at least enhanced tide problems (given the type of coast and large tidal ranges naturally, this may be hit or miss, but Galway Bay already having issues with water levels). This storm will produce moderate rather than minor damage and some roofs may be partially or totally removed, if in areas outlined, would definitely cancel any travel plans.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Yikes!! 67mph gusting to 90mph over Western Ireland, Mace Head. http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Salthill Prom in Galway

Posted Image

Sadly a woman died in Westmeath after a tree fell on her car.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1218/493608-weather-warning/

Careful out there folks.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather

poole(dorset) yacht clubs weather station has just recorded a max wind gust of 85.3 mph!!!!

poole(dorset) yacht clubs weather station has just recorded a max wind gust of 85.3 mph!!!!

whoops my mistake it was in kph lol

• Like 1

Posted

Expect widespread damaging wind gusts to 110 mph in parts of Northern Ireland and western Scotland (including some parts of east where exposed to channelling of westerly winds) and some parts of northwest England too, as this storm has wound up to near 950 mbs and is still dropping, could bottom out close to 943 mbs near Hebrides later. There may be some 2-3m storm surge or at least enhanced tide problems (given the type of coast and large tidal ranges naturally, this may be hit or miss, but Galway Bay already having issues with water levels). This storm will produce moderate rather than minor damage and some roofs may be partially or totally removed, if in areas outlined, would definitely cancel any travel plans.

nothing here yet which is even more worrying ,concerned about tonight ,not sure whether to thank you or not for that post 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Quiet here wind wise as expected. Just waiting for the rain. Strongest winds should hit us after midnight when the winds swing westerly.

Posted

Expect Western Ireland is experiencing a sting jet formation atm.

post-9615-0-37699400-1387392969_thumb.gi Latest Satellite. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Expect Western Ireland is experiencing a sting jet formation atm.

Posted Imagesat.gif Latest Satellite. 

I don't think it's Sting Jet material just yet, but a few hours from now almost certainly somewhere (west/central Scotland?) will bear the brunt of a SJ.

Posted

I think we have just had the squall line come through. Very heavy rain and intense rain. Not finished just yet

There was quite a pronounced one at one stage on the radar not much left of it at the moment. Rains arrived but no wind to speak of really.

Edited by The PIT

Posted

A roof has blown off a building at Moota just past Cockernouth, the main A595 is closed. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

The worst of the winds are still to come for the far north of Ireland and western Scotland, particularly the Western Isles, midnight into the small hours.

As the low centre pulls NE near to NW Britain, the SW quadrant of the low pressure is where the strongest winds/gusts will be. So even though the heaviest rain has cleared N.Ireland, the storm isn't over for tonight

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Just had some fish finger sandwiches but then got bored so I'm back lol Posted Image Well it's officially blowing a gale here now gusts frequently over 40mph and occasionally approaching 50mph, some seriously stormy winds across western parts now being reported with 60-70mph right the way up the western coast of mainland Britain from Cornwall to NW Scotland. West coast of Wales taking a real battering and west coast of Ireland now getting gusts in the region of 90mph, take care out there folks!

• Like 1

Posted

Just had the emergency engineer out as last nights storm knocked the cover of my gas tank hitting the pipe on the way wondered why my tank was now half empty of gas had no phone for 2 weeks now as the line was struck by lightning and still waiting on a engineer at least I have satellite broadband just now just waiting until the lights go out which I don't suppose will be long happy days at least I will be able to listen to the banshee screaming down Loch Roag

• Like 6

Posted

Sheffield shield disposing of the heavy rain turning it into light rain. Overall fairly quiet here shows how sheltered we are from the southerly winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A gust of 61 mph at 1815 is the highest so far today here. Moderate-heavy rain in the last hour or so, but nothing exceptional.

I notice a well defined squall line out to the west which may provide some interest when it gets here.

• Like 1

Posted

A gust of 61 mph at 1815 is the highest so far today here. Moderate-heavy rain in the last hour or so, but nothing exceptional.

I notice a well defined squall line out to the west which may provide some interest when it gets here.

Pretty well spot on forecast wise. Yes the squall line is reforming. Rainfall now 1.8mm for the day 1.4mm in the last half hour.