Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Your Christmas day weather forecast

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Ok only 2 weeks away but I’m sure a the BBC won’t be putting maps up on the Tele just yet.

So lets see how accurate we are from a IMBY prospective

For me North Oxfordshire

Min 3c Christmas day morning

I am going for a max 5c heavy blustery showers (no sleet found despite leaving the dinner table 4 times and having a look).

Followed by a drier weather pushing in after 4pm

These colder north-westerly blustery incursions are annoying, you know its not cold enough for snow but cant help look.

• Like 1

Posted

Wet and windy almost everywhere. Cool in the north, average in the south. Disgusting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Starting wet and windy in Scotland, Northern Ireland and the far north of England. A quiet and frosty start for the rest of England and Wales with fog and mist patches lifting through the day. Rain petering out through the day in Scotland and the North West, but remaining drab and dreary. Temperatures in Scotland, North West, Northern Ireland 8-12C, 4-8C for the rest of England and Wales. 

Posted

For me its:

Max 6c, Min 2c. Sun showers.

Then on Boxing Day the temperature remains the same, but cloudy and windy. Later zombies begin appearing slowly and aimlessly wondering around and bin bags flying around all over the area with contents that should have been recycled.

Edited by hollowbaron

Posted

For Northern Ireland:

Christmas Day starting wet and windy with maxes of 8oc. Around lunchtime a cold front passes through with winds turning North Westerly and temperatures drop to 5oc with rain showers, sleet/ snow over 2000 feet.

As the sun begins to set and the turkey settles the wind strengthens and turns more NNW pulling in a biting Arctic wind with showers becoming progessively heavier and more wintry.

By 7pm a full blown blizzard is in progress with frequent heavy snow showers and power outages, candles and coal fire are lit, carols are sung and I pound another glass of Port.

Come 11pm, there is a foot of snow, drifting in the wind as I fall asleep on the couch...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Max: 11C

Min: 6C

Overcast, drizzly. Overall very depressing.

The above forecast is based on absolutely nothing at all.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Dry with broken cloud and sunny intervals, max 8C, min 2C, associated with a ridge of high pressure in between frontal systems.

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

During the early hours we are likely to see an apparition of a sled being towed by 6 reindeer with a large fat white bearded man on board shouting out, Ho, ho, ho.'

Then during the day fresh W to NW breeze - sunny periods & rain showers - Max +6C Min +3C and no snow for Watford.

In the mid pm there are likely to be gusts of wind but this will be due mainly to the brussel sprouts with an alcoholic mist setting in late evening. 

Edited by mike Meehan
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Starting wet and windy in Scotland, Northern Ireland and the far north of England. A quiet and frosty start for the rest of England and Wales with fog and mist patches lifting through the day. Rain petering out through the day in Scotland and the North West, but remaining drab and dreary. Temperatures in Scotland, North West, Northern Ireland 8-12C, 4-8C for the rest of England and Wales. 

At this stage I am really looking at very specific IMBY forecasts.

The winner gets ...

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Dry and cold...max -15c min -25c

• Like 1

Posted

Cloudy. Rain later. Max 11C. Min 6C. Just based on what might happen if the current pattern does not shift. 

Posted

Very windy and mild with rain developing, gusts to 120 km/hr from SW, highs 11-14 C for most, 7-10 C in northern Scotland where some wintry mix by midnight in westerly gales. Boxing Day to be a little cooler and still quite blustery with passing showers of rain or hail, highs near 10 C.

(this is general for the UK and Ireland of course, I am expecting snow and -2 C where I live)

Edited by Roger J Smith

Posted

I'm expecting it to be mild in Southern England and South Wales with showers or longer periods of rain, but from the North Midlands Northwards these showers will become more wintry over higher ground with snow to quite low levels in Scotland and possibly the far North of England late in the day. Gales or severe gales for much of the UK with temps ranging from 3c in Scotland to 13c in the SE. Boxing day onwards a change afoot with a trend to much colder conditions developing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, the very hot and the very cold.

Well just put Â£10 on a white Christmas in Belfast. Here to those cold north westerlies Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

I shall be happy to see wintry weather. On Boxing Day.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Cool start,Rain spreading in mid morning clearing mid afternoon,then turning colder with showers turning wintry over high ground,maybe

some hail/sleet on low ground in the north

Temps 2c-7c North to south

C.S

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

A mild day with showers or longer spells of rain. It will be breezy with winds possibly gusting between 40 and 50mph. Temps 6C in Scotland to 9c in Southern England