Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Lauren

Does anybody else...?

Become constantly starving and tired at this time of year.

Literally all I've wanted to do for the last week is stuff my face and sleep and I get this every year until about New Year. Does anyone else get this?

Is there an explanation for it?

I'm tired (again) but putting that down the the evil lurg that I have at the moment, since I am host to the Lurg , food has been far far far from me at the moment.

I know of SAD and often wondered if I have it but never think my symptoms are severe enough to warrant it.

Might not be SAD in the severe form but does sound like a response to reduced light level -  same as pre- hibernation behaviour in mammals.

A medium to high dose of Vitamin D3 works wonders at this time of year, rather cheap too, essential for everyone young and old. In fact for those of you in Scotland you can get it for free (if eligible) as it's funded by the Scottish Government I think Posted Image

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/health/scottish-pharmacies-set-hand-out-1842592

Edited by Gaz1985

Yup....I get very tired especially around 14/16:00 hrs. I hate this time of year when it starts to get dark really early. I'll be glad when it starts to get lighter again. :(

So dark before school had even finished tonight... I prefer the lighter evenings too, Kera!

I think it's called alcohol poisoning.  You really should cut down on the number of all night Christmas raves :lol: