Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 08/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

i will try that next time.Posted Image

here's something interesting.Southernman has been giving me quantities of lucozade, being bored, i decided to read the label.it now says that lucozade is onlly to be enjoyed when well and not to replace fluids when ill.

do you remember it used to claim it aided recovery?any time you were sick they would bring you a glass bottle of lucozade with a weird orange crinkly thing round it.it tasted different as well, sure it never used to be this bright orange.

back to the weather, so no snow forecast soon then?

Yes I too have read the label and wondered the same (have 2 bottles of it here now), using it to get over the current bout of lurg I have.

Posted

Actually quite grateful for calm nice weather for a change - got a little GPS tracker for my cat to see what he gets up to when he's out, and he doesn't go out in the rain!

I thought he only ever went into next door's garden http://g-pa.ws/1f6u6Zy

What a great little item that is.  I want one for my kitty now.  What fun, but also a great help when they go missing for the night.

Oh Wow, that is brilliant, reminds me of that docu-rama that was on recently where they tracked all the cats in a village/small-town.

Edited by Jax

Posted

Yes I too have read the label and wondered the same (have 2 bottles of it here now), using it to get over the current bout of lurg I have.

probably do just as well with a bit of sugar dissolved in water.

but i do love the bit at the end of the label which states -

don't spill it, it might stain.

uh, ok, yeah, thanks for the warning.

• Like 1

Posted

probably do just as well with a bit of sugar dissolved in water.

but i do love the bit at the end of the label which states -

don't spill it, it might stain.

uh, ok, yeah, thanks for the warning.

LOL

it is the diarrhoea bit that gets me, it is a fluid after all?

and we are going off on a tangent here it seems (opps).

errr... sunny out with some cloud, no rain and errrr not very breezy.

Posted

Oh Wow, that is brilliant, reminds me of that docu-rama that was on recently where they tracked all the cats in a village/small-town.

Just noted something, how does the cat pass "through" a house?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

what happened to that?

I had a funny ‘culinary’ experience yesterday. :lol:

By the fact that there’s a pot noodle carton here, I’ll admit to occasionally snacking on them, but I thought I’d do my own healthier version, involving noodles and chicken stock, plus other ingredients, including cooked chicken.

As I had chicken stock, instead of water, I couldn’t  use the kettle, so to save time (or so I thought) I decided to microwave the ingredients for my meal, in a pot noodle carton from Friday. I’d only set the microwave to heat for 1 ½ minutes and was going to stir and then microwave again… However, after only one minute I heard crackling noises from the microwave, looked in it and saw what I thought were sparks. I then thought about myself, ‘you fool, you’ve left a spoon in the carton and it’s causing sparks to arc!’ On opening the microwave, I found the pot had actually caught fire!

Plastic flame grilled noodles didn’t sound appealing and the meal was binned! :doh: I couldn't believe it caught fire so quickly! 

• Like 3

Posted

LOL

it is the diarrhoea bit that gets me, it is a fluid after all?

and we are going off on a tangent here it seems (opps).

errr... sunny out with some cloud, no rain and errrr not very breezy.

yeah but there isn't any weather, however i note that the temperature must have dropped a little as my shoulders are feeling chilly now, luckily i have a shawl.

Posted

I had a funny ‘culinary’ experience yesterday. Posted Image

wow.does it say don't microwave it?

i like to use the flat packets of noodles about 20p at supermarkets in the way you describe but on the cooker with stock, vegetables, chicken, anything to hand.

Posted

Crikey! I've not heard of a COBRA crisis meeting being called either! Useless gits!Posted Image

Went and had a look at Cromer Pier yesterday after the surge, sea was still impressively rough.  Pier itself and the routes to it was closed to the public.  Lots of pebbles and debris on the landward side of the sea wall and some areas of the grassy bank obviously been got at by the sea.  Bit of a mess, but they were already at work fixing the wooden decking

Posted

Yeah that's what inspired me to get it :)

Just noted something, how does the cat pass "through" a house?

It only updates live ever 5 seconds or so, so if the cat went around a building, this will join the two dots up as a line through it. Or he is actually going through, you never know!

What a great little item that is.  I want one for my kitty now.  What fun, but also a great help when they go missing for the night.

It's not 'live' - you need to download the info when they get back. There are ones that can do it live but they're too big for a cat in my opinion.... more for a dog.

• Like 1

Posted

Try this then

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

wanted to go to Olney and the Dickens Victorian fayre, but lack of sleep last night and feeling pants anyway have given it a miss for the first time in years.

Same here....not lack of sleep though just ran out of hours today....I've got a roast to cook now for when the workers get home so really can't go off on a jolly this afternoon - shame as the farmers market is good there too !

• Like 1

Posted

Yeah that's what inspired me to get it Posted Image

nice one :)

Posted

Same here....not lack of sleep though just ran out of hours today....I've got a roast to cook now for when the workers get home so really can't go off on a jolly this afternoon - shame as the farmers market is good there too !

Such a shame as it is a great event IMHO, and your right as the farmers market is very good too.  Oh well :(

Posted

I know exactly where mine are....

post-10773-0-89699700-1386510537_thumb.j

...certainly for the next few weeks anyway Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

wow.does it say don't microwave it?

i like to use the flat packets of noodles about 20p at supermarkets in the way you describe but on the cooker with stock, vegetables, chicken, anything to hand.

Very probably.

I was just being ultra lazy, although I did wonder why I didn't use a pyrex jug straight away afterwards. 

Posted

Such a shame as it is a great event IMHO, and your right as the farmers market is very good too.  Oh well Posted Image

It certainly is...and you could have treated me to a mulled wine in the market square Posted Image 

......never mind there is always next year, and it might be snowing then or we could do pancake race day instead - I've been to both events on snow days in the past (carefully keeping a weather related topic here Posted Image)

Very probably.

I was just being ultra lazy, although I did wonder why I didn't use a pyrex jug straight away afterwards. 

Probably because you would have had washing up then Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Right crimbo tree up. Let's see how long it stays up with 5 cats to cause mischief around it. SteveCoops that is one cool gadget I'm adding that to my christmas list. One of mine wanders off for days at a time in the summer, would love to know where he goes.

At least it's been sunny today and dare I say mild walking around with a t-shirt on, although that may be more to do with the christmas clean up rather than the temperature.

• Like 3

Posted

A reasonable day, in the daylight, coming to a close. Nice sunset coming up here... :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Sunset is awesome tonight, some cloud making it look like the sky is split into a blue and a yellow section.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

It has been a lovely day here, mild and bright. Went for a little walk this afternoon to enjoy the crisp sound of the dry leaves underfoot in the woods, the amazing sky out on the downs and watch a fabulous sunset. In the absence of any forthcoming weather event to mention, I'll continue on the food theme - I'm making pork stuffed chicken breasts for dinner!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Lets be honest here, out of the darkness must come light, right? The output might look dull and disappointing but further down the line there could be something brewing that may be special. Last year we had the same problem, apart from one small isolated snowfall on the 5th December, the whole month was boring as hell. Then January, February and March came along and we all basked in 5-10 snowfalls during that period. Keep the faith weather nerds!  

• Like 2

Posted

A very pleasant December day walking along the river to Kingston for some Christmas shopping - we got up to around 12 degrees in the sunshine, with some cloud cover which varied throughout the day. One of the boats along the river is always decorated for Christmas - some pics:

post-8993-0-71902000-1386524353_thumb.jp post-8993-0-99042500-1386524387_thumb.jp post-8993-0-52236500-1386524429_thumb.jp

• Like 9

Posted

It certainly is...and you could have treated me to a mulled wine in the market square Posted Image

......never mind there is always next year, and it might be snowing then or we could do pancake race day instead - I've been to both events on snow days in the past (carefully keeping a weather related topic here Posted Image)

I would have shared one of my roasted nuts with you over a beer in the bull Posted Image

ahh yes, weather.... it's dark (does that count?)

• Like 1