Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Winter 2013/14

phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Dry plus lots of Snow

In tamara we must trust!!

Posted

We've been spoilt last few winters . This one is destined for bin. raining and stormy all the way. Total rubbish. 26th January and not a single flake of snow down here. although news did day possibly a wintry shower tonight.   Almost February , one more winter month and that will be it. All rather depressing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

It seems to me like a very similar set up is occuring here to what happened last January when the Atlantic was showing to shove the scandi block away with ease from t120, then as the time got closer westward corrections started to show with instead of the troughs disrupting in the North Sea they eventually disrupted over the south west with copious amounts of snow falling over South Wales remember very well they issued the only red warning ever issued covering Cardiff to Swansea! So its not by any means over yet more runs needed and watch the westward corrections happen iv got a good feeling about this scandi block :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters, Warm Summers.

Give that man a cigar!Posted Image

Nice beaver....!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

It seems to me like a very similar set up is occuring here to what happened last January when the Atlantic was showing to shove the scandi block away with ease from t120, then as the time got closer westward corrections started to show with instead of the troughs disrupting in the North Sea they eventually disrupted over the south west with copious amounts of snow falling over South Wales remember very well they issued the only red warning ever issued covering Cardiff to Swansea! So its not by any means over yet more runs needed and watch the westward corrections happen iv got a good feeling about this scandi block Posted Image

I'm also seriously hoping the scandi high is underestimated! It really is the decider between the Atlantic breaking through and snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

We've been spoilt last few winters . This one is destined for bin. raining and stormy all the way. Total rubbish. 26th January and not a single flake of snow down here. although news did day possibly a wintry shower tonight.   Almost February , one more winter month and that will be it. All rather depressing

3 more months actually, Feb, Mar and April, you must have had snow in Mar '13, and Apr '08

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold & snow

Can anyone tell me if there is any chance at all of any snow in the next 3 days!!charts look good at 72 hours but is there any chance of snow from them?

Depends where you want snow?

I here Canada is pretty parky at the moment! Posted Image

Edited by Purga

Posted

To be quite frank the words patience and potential are beginning to grate me with too many banking all our hopes on a SSW which may or may not lead us all to riches. I said a couple of weeks back that this winter bears all the hallmarks of a nineties, noughties winter when there was a cold block to our NE whilst we sat in no mans land with the promise of impending cold, which never came.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow . . . . and lots of it

Throwing in the Towel Posted Image  Im surprised at you Steve, you well know that the second half of Winter is statistically more "Wintry" than the first!!!Posted Image

well, it could hardly be any LESS wintry than the first half . . . .

• Like 5

Posted

To be quite frank the words patience and potential are beginning to grate me with too many banking all our hopes on a SSW which may or may not lead us all to riches. I said a couple of weeks back that this winter bears all the hallmarks of a nineties, noughties winter when there was a cold block to our NE whilst we sat in no mans land with the promise of impending cold, which never came.

not here, most 90's 00 winters I had snow, all the winters mid 90's to early 00's were decent here

Posted

Dont forget the early/mid 70s as well SI - certainly down here, back then, anyway.Truly awful winter, so far - if it carries on like it for another 2 weeks i'll be hoping it swiftly comes to an end with an early warm Spring. Hate March cold.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

This is the UK, though, not Sydney - such weather is not guaranteed to last even a few days let alone the entire summer. We might well end up with a summer akin to 2007 or 2012 - a double-whammy for those of us who like cold winters and warm summers (i.e proper seasons). Our weather can be truly dreadful at times.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 3

Posted

The sooner we get back to this type of weather the better http://www.earthcam.com/world/australia/sydney/ Roll on some high pressure, sunshine and warmth Nuf said!

Yes SSi'm a cold and snow lover in Winter, but hate the rain and am fed up with this winter. Not a lover of a "wintry mix" either; it has to be full on decent snow.if that wont come in next 2 weeks then give me a warm, sunny early Spring.Love sun and warm - off to Fuerteventura in March - luverly!
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

Wish people would stop getting thier knickers in a twist the models are changing like mad every day, it will all be back on tomoz.

Posted

The sooner we get back to this type of weather the better

http://www.earthcam.com/world/australia/sydney/

Roll on some high pressure, sunshine and warmth

Nuf said!

Thought you were a rain and gales fan? your post in model thread just, must excite you, wind and rain next weekend

Posted

Cant believe it has all fallen apart again. So frustrating.

I'm not sure if was ever really "there" in the first place TBH. There was never proper model agreement, and, a few juicy runs mainly from the minor models aside, it never seemed to add up to anything spectacular anyway, even if "it" did come off. I think the sense of "it's all gone wrong" comes more from the way in which people focus on any chance for cold/snow and then ramp it up TBH.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

To be fair June 1975 ẃas more wintry than this winter so far! Posted Image

so was may 2013Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Thought you were a rain and gales fan? your post in model thread just, must excite you, wind and rain next weekend

There is a limit for everything Its gone on too long now believe me I'm looking forward to the sun and warmth hopefully an early taste of spring warmth will develop during February and the country can start and dry out, this low pressure can't last forever lets get it out the way now and maybe we can enjoy something better in spring

• Like 3

Posted

There is a limit for everything Its gone on too long now believe me I'm looking forward to the sun and warmth hopefully an early taste of spring warmth will develop during February and the country can start and dry out, this low pressure can't last forever lets get it out the way now and maybe we can enjoy something better in spring

kinda agree with that, I want high pressure and drying out, but want cold Feb, snowy march, snowy april, then dry May, starting to warm up to 20C by May

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I am in mourning Posted Image I've been blocked from the Exacta Weather facebook page. My crime was pointing out a few truths to counteract the absolute tripe being shovelled out by James Madden which alarmingly his disciples on there seem to be swallowing without hesitation. I don't know who is the bigger fool...Madden and his ridiculous "dangerous snow event this week" claims...or the muppets who believe him.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

kinda agree with that, I want high pressure and drying out, but want cold Feb, snowy march, snowy april, then dry May, starting to warm up to 20C by May

I want a cold, snowy March, a dry, sunny and average April, a slightly-above average may and then a nice, warm sunny summer with thunderstorms. Too much to ask?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

The thing is nothing mate nothing is written on the wall yet , trough disruption looks the way forward but things are so volatile I wouldn't be surprised to see another change on the way

The thing is nothing mate nothing is written on the wall yet , trough disruption looks the way forward but things are so volatile I wouldn't be surprised to see another change on the way

think we have all been led up the garden path kicking and screaming tbh

Posted

Well well!!what an interesting 18z!!the first low undercuts even more frok the north west if you know what I mean!!and also where the heck has that shortwave gona in the the Atlantic!!