Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Winter 2013/14

phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

if it's stressing you out that much, logout and come back in late spring..

No ta, I don't get stressed about weather unlike some on here, just have preferences that's all.

• Like 2

Posted

No ta, I don't get stressed about weather unlike some on here, just have preferences that's all.

neither do I...

the vast majority of members on here are looking for cold and snowy weather, that's their preference.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers & Mild Winters

I wouldn't miss it for the world when all this potential as it still is starts to downgrade.  It's so much fun reading the Model Thread when all the toys start being thrown about.       ( Hopefully )

Edited by LJS22

Posted

I wouldn't miss it for the world when all this potential as it still is starts to downgrade.  It's so much fun reading the Model Thread when all the toys start being thrown about.       ( Hopefully )

very childish....

• Like 2

Posted

neither do I...

the vast majority of members on here are looking for cold and snowy weather, that's their preference.

Good, but you were the one that inferred I get stressed no the other way around.

I know and that's fine by me.

Edited by CongletonHeat

Posted

very childish....

And being a grown adult and liking snow isn't??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

And being a grown adult and liking snow isn't??

Bit of a silly statement really, considering you are a member of a weather forum. 

• Like 2

Posted

Bit of a silly statement really, considering you are a member of a weather forum. 

So i have to like snow to be on this forum then?  Bit narrow minded.  This isn't just a snow & cold website as far as i'm led to believe.  Although most of the time it sadly seems that way

Posted Image

Now now, this thread's for airing grievances about the models not other posters and their preferences. Lets be nice and not take things seriously.

Keep the thread lighthearted and as a bit of fun!

Edited by Bobby
  • Like 4

Posted

so you have to be a child to enjoy snowfall ?

Snow causes misery and disruption to 95% of the country and 95% of the population if surveyed would tell you as much.  It's fun for kids ( Although i hated it as a child ) and at a stretch the lucky few who's day to day lives are not affected by it due to not being able to work etc.  

Posted

Now now, this thread's for airing grievances about the models not other posters and their preferences. Lets be nice and not take it seriously.

Keep the thread lighthearted and as a bit of fun!

Well said, no need for silly arguments.

Posted

Snow causes misery and disruption to 95% of the country and 95% of the population if surveyed would tell you as much.  It's fun for kids ( Although i hated it as a child ) and at a stretch the lucky few who's day to day lives are not affected by it due to not being able to work etc.  

the constant rainfall we have been  battered with does not cause misery and disruption?    

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

I'm hoping for cold temps, ice and lots of snow...like a lot of members on this forum are. Posted Image  Hopefully we'll get them soon Posted Image

Oh, and a bit of a break from the rain too.

Edited by simshady
  • Like 1

Posted

the constant rainfall we have been  battered with does not cause misery and disruption?    

Yeah of course it does.  But not to the same extent as ice and snow does.  Floods are a more localised event.  Snow & ice are a widespread nuisance.  

• Like 1

Posted

And some are already looking for the end of a possible (not potential..) cold-snap/spell? no you couldn't make it up lol.

As for the mild vs cold rants oh dear..

Posted Image

who is ranting?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

snow causes misery to 95%. exactly how did you come up with such a random percentage as this?  for heavens sake, we are lucky if we get snow on a few days a year so im sure most people will just enjoy it while it lasts.  It's not as if we get it for months on end.  Work can wait if it gets that bad....which is very rarely does.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

It seems that the Scandi High is not giving up without a fight - the projected movements of these fronts from the west have slowed and it is still dry here at Watford.

Posted

The 'Stand-Off' continues today, i see.

Catching up on posts in the main Model disc thread from this afternoon and reading a couple of Ian F's posts from this afternoon seems to be indicating that the Meto are gradually moving towards what some of the more learned contributors on NW have been posting for a few days now. Fascinating model watching.By the way, i'm in no way having a dig at anyone (or the Meto); just commenting on the varied opinions from last couple of days.Great weather forums on NW, with invaluable contributions from Ian F and the 'big guns' on here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

862 users are reading right now.......................that numbers going to rise!!i love this place!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

UKMO a bit funny, some still say 00Z, but 144 chart seems to look decent, if its 12Z

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by CongletonHeat. View it anyway? no thanks!

Edited by IrememberAtlantic252
  • Like 2

Posted

According to Darren Bett, a cold snap at the beginning of the week lasting a few days only, then milder at towards end of week.

Woohoo...not. Have a feeling there could be some severe backtracking from the models tonight, so could get ugly in there

Nah he was just hopecastingPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

So remind me again, how many in here were writing off the rest of winter not so long ago then, I dunno about the models having egg on their faces but some posters certainly do ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

So remind me again, how many in here were writing off the rest of winter not so long ago then, I dunno about the models having egg on their faces but some posters certainly do Posted Image

Not me, I never wrote off winter, kept saying winter has not started and does not start until late Jan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

No lovely drying south westerlies or crisp cold high pressure. Just cold rain being shown by the models. I despise nw/se tilted jet streams at any time of the year.