Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Winter 2013/14

phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

I agree with Richie, I will be delighted if the 00z show upgrades but I'm not hopeful, the scandi high is a tease and the atlantc to deliver a knock out blow is the form horse as per usual. If anyone in the usa was reading this forum they would laugh, they get all the snow..we get nothing.

• Like 2

Posted

Karl, just to let you know, really enjoyed your efforts this winter man, chin up lad!

I agree with Richie, I will be delighted if the 00z show upgrades but I'm not hopeful, the scandi high is a tease and the atlantc to deliver a knock out blow is the form horse as per usual. If anyone in the usa was reading this forum they would laugh, they get all the snow..we get nothing.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm sunny summers.

I'm with you Crew, it just feels like we are chasing shadows this winter and it just shows how poor this winter has been when we are getting excited about the prospects of some possible frontal snow. 

Yep, the predicted cold spell for next week a couple of days ago has disappeared before it even got going. That has been the story of this winter. Jet stream far too strong. 

I do think that if this hadn't been the case the extremely cold weather just to the east of us would have pushed a lot further west next week but sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case now.It's looking very ominous for this winter. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

This Winter reminding me very much of January 2006 and bizarrely almost exactly to the day - all that cold to our east and we just missed out on it. It never got further west than Germany.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Gaz1985

Posted

Probably meant between now and up to February otherwise would have said up to March would have thought

The inference was on signs and certainly there appear to be signs of a posssible warming

Posted

Your not far wrong there! Any falls of snow will be horizontal... Maybe not just for ScotlandPosted Image

lots of snow drifts then, I love snow drifts...It's a very interesting phase of weather ahead according to the 00z / 06z output, hopefully we can finally break the shackles of this rancid winter so far and get some snow which sticks around for a few weeks instead of a few hours...now where did I put my shovel : -)

post-4783-0-20336200-1390300687_thumb.jp

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

lots of snow drifts then, I love snow drifts...It's a very interesting phase of weather ahead according to the 00z / 06z output, hopefully we can finally break the shackles of this rancid winter so far and get some snow which sticks around for a few weeks instead of a few hours...now where did I put my shovel : -)

Amen.

• Like 2

Posted

but we must still be wary of the giant to the NW, will it turn out to be too powerful again.

I jolly well ho ho ho hope notPosted Image

post-4783-0-08126600-1390302253_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes good to see you back to yourself Karl, We have been stuck in this pattern all winter so its understandable what with all the wild swings in the models and even the experts have been scratching there heads, but for now at least the charts are showing much colder evolutions within the reliable timeframe, with much more interest as we head into the weekend and next week for snow.

• Like 4

Posted

Shoot me down, if u want. But.....

Isn't wintry showers esp over high ground pretty bulk standard average for the UK towards the end of January?

Admittedly it's a change from what we've experienced so far this winter but what seems to be arriving in the next week is just 'normal'.

• Like 3

Posted

Shoot me down, if u want. But.....Isn't wintry showers esp over high ground pretty bulk standard average for the UK towards the end of January?Admittedly it's a change from what we've experienced so far this winter but what seems to be arriving in the next week is just 'normal'.

Certainly normal for other winters, but not this one.

Besides, snow is snow !!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Oh joy...another storm to batter the country....just what the doctor didnt order...more damaging destructive winds...more disruption to power supplies and the transport network and more flooding misery.

Just puts the tin hat on this pathetic revolting perma-autumn.

Sorry I don't find such weather "interesting" but this weather has a negative impact on people's lives and has no redeeming features to it whatsoever.

January is a write off...bin it.

• Like 1

Posted

Oh joy...another storm to batter the country....just what the doctor didnt order...more damaging destructive winds...more disruption to power supplies and the transport network and more flooding misery.

Just puts the tin hat on this pathetic revolting perma-autumn.

Sorry I don't find such weather "interesting" but this weather has a negative impact on people's lives and has no redeeming features to it whatsoever.

January is a write off...bin it.

Cool story, Bro'.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Back in October the Express said "worst winter for decades" taking the snow part out they may be right after all

Posted Image

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

This "winter" is like that huge fat stinking turd you find in the bog pan that no one will own up to leaving there...that stinks the room out....you try and try to get rid of it but it just won't flush away. A true Frankenstein's monster of a season.

The Atlantic has been akin to a petulant malicious child this season, stamping its feet in fury and hurling its tantrums in our direction over and over...

All the hopecasting in the world on the main thread changes nothing...this "winter" is stinking the place out....dress it up how you want....look at all the charts for 10 days time all you want....Winter 2013/14 has been a complete and utter fail. Far too wet...too windy...too disruptive....too miserable....with minimal dry weather, few frosts and no snow. Utter utter crap.

I can't wait for Spring.

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 6

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Bobby, January 21, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Bobby, January 21, 2014 - No reason given

Back in October the Express said "worst winter for decades" taking the snow part out they may be right after all

Posted Image

Lol - sensationalist weather stories and Diana conspiracies, couldn't get a more stereotypical Daily Express front page.

Edited by Bobby

Posted Image

Lol - sensationalist weather stories and Diana conspiracies, couldn't get a more stereotypical Daily Express front page.

Edited by Bobby
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters, Warm Summers.

A few more candidates for the ignor button me thinks,can't believe people are liking comments from ian f talking about heavy rain and the potential for more flooding,really what's to like about that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

A few more candidates for the ignor button me thinks,can't believe people are liking comments from ian f talking about heavy rain and the potential for more flooding,really what's to like about that?

I think some just do it to wind up those who want some cold and snow they wouldnt like it if there xmas was ruined by floods believe me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

They might just value his valuable input?

• Like 7

Posted

i think people just respect his posts so they click the like button, it's the same with a few of the other usual suspects they can say anything they want and they will get about 40 likes 

im not a member of the blind faith brigade regarding potential for snow, but imagine we got the coldest feb in history we would all look like mugs for moaning on here about this crap winter