Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Winter 2013/14

phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Ready? 1 2 3 4 5 6 bonus ball 8

6 9 15 26 41 48 Bonus 4

Thanks guys but now I don't know who to believe! Maybe I need to splash out on two tickets :)

Love it, ohh well remember who the mongers of doom are and when the cold and snow arrives (fingers x) we can gloat!!

Yes, I have all their names and all their silly quotes ready to go. All we need now is some snow (easy!) :) Edited by Chalk Serpent
  • Like 1

Posted

To be honest, while things don't look too exciting for at leas the next few weeks, at least the models have all gone a bit wonky recently, thats better than the same old predictible charts we've had more recently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Couldn't find cold ramp so are stick it in here if ok.

Did a quick paint job!

post-11361-0-90988500-1390171963_thumb.p

Noting to do with any online paper was an ideal title for fantasy though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm sunny summers.

Love it, ohh well remember who the mongers of doom are and when the cold and snow arrives (fingers x) we can gloat!!

It's nice to dream I suppose.

Sadly, this winter has all been about chasing cold spells that never were nor never likely will be.

They appear and disappear like clockwork on the forecasting models.

Edited by Peter H

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Even 2011/2012 was better than this winter by this stage - brief snowfall in mid-December and a cold frosty spell in mid-January. A lot drier in that January than this year too. Ugh, I'm running out of energy and enthusiasm for this winter.

Posted

we can't even get a potent northerly toppler anymore, whilst that doesn't do any good for me as i am too far inland, i can't remember the last time i watched a bbc forecast saying arctic blast on the way with strong northerly winds and heavy snow showers in the north and east,

is just one full day of heavy snow dumping 30cm and a max temps of -7c too much to ask for? that's probably as common as as florida and egypt getting snow though so no point in me hoping for that, the bog standard 1-2 inches and 0c max is better than nothing i suppose

Edited by Tony27
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

we can't even manage a potent northerly toppler anymore, whilst that doesn't do any good for me as i am too far inland, i can't remember the last time i watched a bbc forecast saying arctic blast on the way with strong northerly winds and heavy snow showers in the north and east,

is just one full day of heavy snow dumping 30cm and a max temps of -7c too much to ask for? that's probably as common as as florida and egypt getting snow though so no point in me hoping for that, the bog standard 1-2 inches and 0c max is better than nothing i suppose

Does anyone know when was the last time we had a northerly? Let alone a potent one? All we seem to have had for weeks on end is filth with an accompanying wind from the West/South/South West/or South South East.

I

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost
Posted (edited) · Hidden by ZONE 51, January 20, 2014 - not needed now - he has read the post (OT)
Hidden by ZONE 51, January 20, 2014 - not needed now - he has read the post (OT)

James Madden likes this

Clever placement on the post Bobby The" JM likes this" text looks so real I actually thought it was!!!!  I first viewed your post not signed in here, and of course the like button won't appear until sign in and likes are next to it, as was only one like looked real, a very close edit!, below is a screen image of what it looks like (if your viewing as a guest)

post-11361-0-10282000-1390193398_thumb.p

Are keep the project file of the Daily Tale front page and now and again do a fake page for a laugh!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm
  • Like 1
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Sort of weather here that Gaz1985 will hate, looks like its going to be sunny and dry, not that cold max i would think, but very cold frosty start, dunno how anyone can hate cold/sunny

20th Jan now, main westerly phase over, hopefully more days like this eh Gaz1985

Edited by IrememberAtlantic252
  • Like 1

Posted

Sort of weather here that Gaz1985 will hate, looks like its going to be sunny and dry, not that cold max i would think, but very cold frosty start, dunno how anyone can hate cold/sunny

20th Jan now, main westerly phase over, hopefully more days like this eh Gaz1985

I don't know which is more weird...hating dry sunny weather...and God knows there are significant parts of the UK that are badly in need of it, or liking miserable wet potentially destructive weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I don't know which is more weird...hating dry sunny weather...and God knows there are significant parts of the UK that are badly in need of it, or liking miserable wet potentially destructive weather.

If flooding costs them thousands, surely the mildies will think again

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Thats better it actually looks and feels like winter this morning was interesting watching paul hammond on countryfile last night explaining winter in uk esp about jan/feb and even march being the coldest part of winter :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Thats better it actually looks and feels like winter this morning was interesting watching paul hammond on countryfile last night explaining winter in uk esp about jan/feb and even march being the coldest part of winter Posted Image

Yep was wondering if he was trying to tell us something lol.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Yep was wondering if he was trying to tell us something lol.

yeah december is now an autumn month and march is now winter the months and seasons are having a re-shuffle lol
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Thats better it actually looks and feels like winter this morning was interesting watching paul hammond on countryfile last night explaining winter in uk esp about jan/feb and even march being the coldest part of winter Posted Image

John

:)

• Like 1

Posted

If flooding costs them thousands, surely the mildies will think again

Quite. Have often wondered whether the people who like filthy wet stormy weather would have a change of attitude if they were unfortunate enough to be flooded out of their homes, or have their roofs damaged by the wind. Perhaps its because said people have been fortunate enough to be unaffected by the foul winter we've had so far that they find such weather "interesting" or "exciting".

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The above reminds me rather of the comments we sometimes get about how cold/snow lovers would have a change of attitude if they were unfortunate enough to be cut off for weeks by heavy snow, to lose loved ones as a result of frostbite or slipping on half-melted/refrozen snow/ice, or lose a lot of money due to the snow impacting their business. 

I can get irritated as much as anyone else when I see media forecasts talking about floods and wind damage but reassuring us that "at least it will be mild", but these sort of posts make some cold/snow lovers as bad as the people that annoy them, i.e. for slating others for finding certain types of mild weather exciting.  I'm pretty sure I noted this just a couple of weeks ago- it doesn't appear to have changed since.

• Like 5

Posted

Quite. Have often wondered whether the people who like filthy wet stormy weather would have a change of attitude if they were unfortunate enough to be flooded out of their homes, or have their roofs damaged by the wind. Perhaps its because said people have been fortunate enough to be unaffected by the foul winter we've had so far that they find such weather "interesting" or "exciting".

I'm not sure any of them really do actually like wet mush to be honest, most of them are just on a wind-up as 99% of people on this forum who use the Model Output are looking for Cold & Snow. Pretty sad behaviour really, but I don't see any of it anymore thanks to the Ignore feature where they all go. It makes the Model Output viewing much more enjoyable and none biased towards a particular weather type. It does not matter if there is -20 850's heading our way, they will find something to pick at.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Just had at look at piers corbyns site. Most important forecast since dec 2010. Now somebody was saying its a sales ploy. And he is going for above average rainfall and mild. Just wondering if anyone else seen this?

Posted

Not too surprised that Chris Fawkes is fairly bullish that this is just a cold blip (as he calls it) before there is a return to mild conditions but it was his statement on strat warming ..

"I'm afraid it's wishful thinking there are no signs of sudden stratospheric warming between now and February"

Odd,  I thought the signs were certainly there, or is he technically correct and that any warming is later in Feb ?