Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Winter 2013/14

phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Just "reported" my first ever post over in the main thread. I cannot take any more toy throwing posts based on no facts at all!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

I don't really care to be honest whether there is no snow this winter/spring. I look for cool/cold weather, colder the better. If i doesn't happen this winter then i look to the next one....there will be great winters ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Can't say winter (using that word in its broadest possible sense as it hasnt even started) is over but its a decent bet that this month can be written off....."potential" is always ten days or so away....and never gets any closer.

In truth am not overly bothered about snow now.......a dry spell is a far more important requirement. Am I whinging? So what if I am....this IS after all the thread to do it in....fed up of Jam tomorrow....smacks too much of cry wolf now....almost as tedious as the almost never ending rain of this relentless autumn.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

FI looks a bit better, more high pressure around Carl, I have been lucky here, hardly any rain at all since mid Nov, still thinking I may have to pay for this lack of rain with washouts in march

winter of course not over, not started yet, hoping for cold in Feb, Mar and Apr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Just a heads up for those that havent viewed the TV guides.

Countryfile BBC1 7pm this evening.Julia Bradbury talks to John Hammond about the British Winter Weather.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Pity good agreement on back to zonal and a stormy period to finish the winter off. Sadly these setups tend to last several weeks anything from two to six weeks so this if it comes off will effectively write off winter. Perhaps we will have a spring cooler than winter that will be a first.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Another kick in the teeth tonight for all UK cold lovers following another tease, this time from the earlier UKMO. Will your miserable bog winter ever deliver ? Any consolation, it reached 16c in parts of Austria today. Anyway, snow heavy tonight in the village with deep snow cover but its warm at -2c. 

c

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

I don't really care to be honest whether there is no snow this winter/spring. I look for cool/cold weather, colder the better. If i doesn't happen this winter then i look to the next one....there will be great winters ahead.

You might be in for a very long wait - a bit like the 90's Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

You might be in for a very long wait - a bit like the 90's Posted Image

As could you for the warmth you desire :)Posted Image  Do you even remember the 90's lad? lol

• Like 1

Posted

this post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Gaz1985 View it anyway?

the ignore feature is pants! much better on facebook, ignore means you cannot see the posts at all

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

As could you for the warmth you desire Posted ImagePosted Image  Do you even remember the 90's lad? lol

I have enjoyed most of this Winter apart from the rain - I also enjoyed the warmth of the early mid 2000's, must of been so difficult for you Posted Image

Edited by Gaz1985

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Another kick in the teeth tonight for all UK cold lovers following another tease, this time from the earlier UKMO. Will your miserable bog winter ever deliver ? Any consolation, it reached 16c in parts of Austria today. Anyway, snow heavy tonight in the village with deep snow cover but its warm at -2c. 

c

Even here we are having a bog winter. Loads of snow, but the wet type, temperatures post-3489-0-59883000-1390158770_thumb.jpto high, even at 1500m . We need a colder air mass to deliver longer lasting powder snow. Still its better looking at a snow bog than a water filled one !

• Like 4

Posted

the ignore feature is pants! much better on facebook, ignore means you cannot see the posts at all

Yes I agree, it's frustrating that if someone quotes a post you have ignored, you can still see it!

• Like 4

Posted

Remember folks it's only weather!Posted Image

Many more runs like today's and that bomb is going to go off in the model thread, and it isn't going to be pretty!!

• Like 1

Posted

this post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Gaz1985 View it anyway? the ignore feature is pants! much better on facebook, ignore means you cannot see the posts at all

Personally I would get rid of the "like this" button. I can live without it, although I have pressed it on a few occasions. Most of the time it just exposes the type of weather bias and indeed other biases of the person who pressed it.
  • Like 3

Posted

Personally I would get rid of the "like this" button. I can live without it, although I have pressed it on a few occasions. Most of the time it just exposes the type of weather bias and indeed other biases of the person who pressed it.

I am not keen on it either, but do use it, was worse when it was reputation button with + and -

Posted

To all the posters on the main thread who appear to KNOW that will be no snow in February on the basis of this afternoon's model runs, (despite the fact that most of the models don't even go out to February yet), please can you let me know the lottery numbers for next week, as you're obviously blessed with psychic ability? :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

FI looks a bit better, more high pressure around Carl, I have been lucky here, hardly any rain at all since mid Nov, still thinking I may have to pay for this lack of rain with washouts in march

winter of course not over, not started yet, hoping for cold in Feb, Mar and Apr

You've been lucky then...havent seen a third of my driveway for over three weeks now...not to mention large parts of the fields around me what with all the floodwater. Was starting to dry out but last nights deluge put paid to that.

Having looked at the latest models...I'm writing January off. The way it looks at the moment I'll be awarding January a big fat zero out of 10...same as its ugly sister of a "winter" month December. So thats zero out of 20....dear oh dear.

Posted

You've been lucky then...havent seen a third of my driveway for over three weeks now...not to mention large parts of the fields around me what with all the floodwater. Was starting to dry out but last nights deluge put paid to that.

Having looked at the latest models...I'm writing January off. The way it looks at the moment I'll be awarding January a big fat zero out of 10...same as its ugly sister of a "winter" month December. So thats zero out of 20....dear oh dear.

Yeah I am writing Jan off, obvious no cold/snow for Jan, still leaves us with 3 months of possible snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

To all the posters on the main thread who appear to KNOW that will be no snow in February on the basis of this afternoon's model runs, (despite the fact that most of the models don't even go out to February yet), please can you let me know the lottery numbers for next week, as you're obviously blessed with psychic ability? :)

Love it, ohh well remember who the mongers of doom are and when the cold and snow arrives (fingers x) we can gloat!!
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

To all the posters on the main thread who appear to KNOW that will be no snow in February on the basis of this afternoon's model runs, (despite the fact that most of the models don't even go out to February yet), please can you let me know the lottery numbers for next week, as you're obviously blessed with psychic ability? Posted Image

6 9 15 26 41 48 Bonus 4

Only joking LOL

C.S

• Like 1