Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Winter 2013/14

phil nw.

reminds me a bit of CFS and james madden, hopeless model,

ECM is consistently the worlds most accurate weather model overall, it does get a bit carried away with easterlies at times though.

Is comfortably in 1st place over the past month, UKMO in 2nd place and GFS in 3rd with GEM not far behind it in 4th.

Posted Image

(accuracy at +144)

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Must be an old chart Bobby ECM is now in 2nd place.

I said earlier ECM couldn't tease very well and it needed some really cold uppers. Well it's listened and it's teased. Pity it won't happen like that but what the heck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

In need its like the mother in law the threat is always there. Eventually she will turn up and then no doubt stay for 10 days.

How true is that, Just the thought of that make me shiver.lol!

• Like 1

Posted

Mmmm, I think before we get excited we need to see if the GFS edges towards the ECM this evening, and wait for the mornings runs. Maybe after those if ECM gets support we're on for another exciting day or two on this forum.

Posted

well, lets see if the 18z GFS can send us the 'Beast from the East' and defeat the Wicked Witch of the West......

Posted Image

i'm melting, i'm melting!!!

• Like 5

Posted

In need its like the mother in law the threat is always there. Eventually she will turn up and then no doubt stay for 10 days.

Hello Stew: this has been going on for months now but when you say "in need" do you have a dodgy keyboard? And it should read "indeed"Posted Image

Edited by DAVID SNOW
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold & snow

Well, as regard the ECM run tonight who really will get taken in?

LOL Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

I'm on the brink of giving up on january bringing anything wintry, so that would be 66 percent of winter gone without any winter. There is not one crumb of comfort from the latest met office outlook, just more of the same autumnal wind and rain with snow on the scottish mountains if they are lucky. I have lost all my enthusiasm. :-(

• Like 5

Posted

Get a grip man and post some unlikely, far reaching FI charts to keep us all hoping! We dont need to be in winter to get winter :-)

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I'm on the brink of giving up on january bringing anything wintry, so that would be 66 percent of winter gone without any winter. There is not one crumb of comfort from the latest met office outlook, just more of the same autumnal wind and rain with snow on the scottish mountains if they are lucky. I have lost all my enthusiasm. :-(

Just can not believe you of all people would throw the towel in, Come on keep it together son..... Just when things are looking upPosted Image

Looking at the above should give you some encouragementPosted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooo..I love your optimistic posts
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Mate, don't do it. You're one of the hardy bunch who's here all year round. Remember that Summer didn't get going until mid-July onwards this year. 47 got going in Feb. Stay in the game.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

In all seriousness though Frosty and echoing the thoughts of many in here, please continue posting in the same positive manner that you do. I genuinely imagine you look like this Posted Image in real life (or Roadrunner actually), so don't ruin a main part of my Netweather world. Hope to see you posting some positive charts in the morning!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters, Warm Summers.

Wouldn't read to much into the met outlook. Still waiting for my BBQ summer! Does anyone need any charcoal got a shed load thanks to that oulook, stacked next to all the salt I brought after reading maddens winter forcast back in October.....
  • Like 5

Posted

More to the point, Frosty, as 2013 showed, 28 February isn't a cut-off point beyond which there can be no snow and cold!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Agree with the other guys/ladies, please don't throw ya towel away yet dude. You have a lot of great people here on the thread who value what you put (just look at all those supportive replies you've had for instance :)). Like others, I enjoy reading your posts and the way you submerge them with excitement and delight. But I know how you feel with the way the weather has unfolded for the snow fans so far this Winter, and how it feels as though the white stuff just doesn't want to get any closer. I suppose it's a good thing the wintry fans have got a few months worth of snowfall chances yet - one of the wintry FI outlooks will have to materialise one day. But fear not, the snow will come I'm sure [after all, it can't hide from our island forever ;-)]. Keep your heart and chin held up high, and take no notice of the GFS's drama-stirring outputs. It's probably just out trying to cause trouble! (could just be that case that it's trying to bring back the flat(ish) Westerly flow too eagerly - even though it's probably in response of the Polar Virtex wanting to break back in from the West/North-West. But even this could be overdone). And who knows, despite the numerous failed Easterlies in the past, maybe the ECMWF really could be correct with it's Easterly idea. Even if it's not, other developments with regards to cold and snow could easily arise, and maybe a nice, big, juicy Northerly could arise should a chunk of the Polar Vortex migrate towards Siberia or something. So please Winter, and please models (yes GFS, that includes you too) give the UK snow fans a snowfall soon. It might seem greedy (and I appreciate not everyone likes the icy stuff) but do it for me, for Frosty and for the other snow weather fans, who would probably even be willing to sell their Nan's on Ebay, to see a white thing fall from the sky. :) ;-)
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Huge downgrade from ecm this morning and as expected drops in line with gfs.Next!!!!!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything under4 deg. In winter and anything over 20deg in the summer!

If Frosty is throwing in the towel we may as well all go home!... Worse than any 'flipping' chart!

Posted

I just want winter to be over now. Even as a cold lover the search for cold seems none existent and I don't think we can shift these obstacles that are destroying our winter. Think it's better when winter is over and we can have a pattern reset ready for next winter

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,

I just want winter to be over now. Even as a cold lover the search for cold seems none existent and I don't think we can shift these obstacles that are destroying our winter. Think it's better when winter is over and we can have a pattern reset ready for next winter

Certainly a horror show up to now hasnt it, still think 2010 is in our minds which is what we all want, autumn turning into a hard cold winter Canada style. Unfortunatley our winters generally have the best chance of giving us snow in the later period February/March due to the PV weakening allowing blocks to form. Of course its not always like that as we have seen in the past, but i wouldnt be fed up because we havnt had a '63. Most winters are reletively snowless up to now, its just that we have had a a severe stormy period that we are all sick of. keep the faith :)