Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Winter 2013/14

phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Im giving up the hunt for cold and snow it's just not gonna happen. 

I suspect the next decade will be mild winter after mild winter and the only places that will see any noteworthy snow will be on the highest peaks of the very highest hills. 

Stupid bloody weather 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I suspect the next decade will be mild winter after mild winter and the only places that will see any noteworthy snow will be on the highest peaks of the very highest hills. 

Stupid bloody weather 

still got Feb March and April yet! Feb snowiest month, mar 2nd snowiest month, April snow not unusual either

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Stupid bloody weather 

Jumping the gun a bit there. Even between 2000 and 2008, we had some noteworthy falls of snow. I can't remember a winter without snow.. your position on the south coast probably means you may go some winters without a flake though.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

My thoughts on the GFS!post-15503-0-69312800-1389382785_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Stupid bloody weather 

2024 sledge sales announced. Coming to a store near you...

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Still hoping for cold and snow somewhere between very end of Jan to mid Apr, too early for cold yet, as I said before Xmas, models will not show cold until near the end of Jan at the earliest

winter not started yet, I hope it will not be mild

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

seen your location Tony and I wouldn't have thought winter started for you yet either? very rare for snow this early in the south, snow virtually impossible off westerlies at low levels south

oop norf different story, westerlies often cold enough for snow, especially higher up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold & snow

Europe virtually snow free all the way deep into Russia with only a tiny bit of ice in the Baltic.

Posted Image

Must be one of the mildest Januaries for a long time - oh dear.....Posted Image

Edited by Purga
  • Like 2

Posted

Europe virtually snow free all the way deep into Russia with only a tiny bit of ice in the Baltic.

Posted Image

Pretty grim really. My optimism which has been evident since October really has now reached critical proportions. I really can't see anything in the way of sustained cold coming this way anytime soon, there's no scientific reasoning whatsoever just a gut feeling that this winter reminds me of all those bad winters of yesteryear, with little in the way of snow or ice for anyone during December and the first part of January. It's a grim picture and unless we see a SSW and hopefully see the dice fall in our favour then this winter will be restricted to just the odd day here and there for cold and maybe snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

I really don't know why folks go on about that's it the end of Winter, I was driving through Beautiful  Mid Wales on April 1st last year with 15 ft snow drifts either side of me, Winter is far from over!!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by ANYWEATHER
  • Like 3

Posted

My comment totally utterly tongue-in-cheek! Better get it off your chest in here than we all know where Posted Image

Isn't April classed as Spring LOL..

Aren't we still in Autumn? ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Still hoping for cold and snow somewhere between very end of Jan to mid Apr, too early for cold yet, as I said before Xmas, models will not show cold until near the end of Jan at the earliest

winter not started yet, I hope it will not be mild

Posted Image

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Think we will see at least 1 cold shot in feb. But there is at least one good thing about all this. And that's how the hell is madden going to talk his way out of this one. Just a quote from him. I expect January to be a exceptional cold and snowy month. Rivaling dec. 2010. Lol try get out of this one James.!!!!

Posted

Still a faint whiff of bonfires in the air..albeit very soggy ones! Certainly feels it though Posted Image in contrast temps are expected to drop several below tomorrow night, yes, hard to believe a frost too! In January...

Frost in January? You'll be saying it thunders in July next...

Posted

I've already had my storm activity for 2014 - one thunderclap the other evening. I wonder if we did end up with a snowless winter, it may bode better for a warmer/thundery Spring/Summer? No correlation I expect...but one can dream.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Does it?! :O

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Carol kirkwood said on that programme there is a lot of winter in front of us yet winters far from over. A chart from Jan 1947 the low in atlantic was further north than the one now rest is history im not saying that will happen but you know what i mean

post-18162-0-89827400-1389386748_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

Expect a big increase in snow in southern Scandi and eastern Europe. Looks cold there for the foreseeable.

Posted

I really don't know why folks go on about that's it the end of Winter, I was driving through Mid Wales on April 1st last year with 15 ft snow drifts either side of me, Winter is far from over!!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

My comment totally utterly tongue-in-cheek! Better get it off your chest in here than we all know where :)

Isn't April classed as Spring LOL..

Indeed and I'm expecting another well below average spring, besides everyone knows winter starts in spring.

Posted

seen your location Tony and I wouldn't have thought winter started for you yet either? very rare for snow this early in the south, snow virtually impossible off westerlies at low levels south

oop norf different story, westerlies often cold enough for snow, especially higher up

Please.. stop.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Decent cold spells and snow

Gibbys summary over in mod output thread sums it up. Dying embers of cold spell - this winter is POO!

No doubt someone will say but yeah it's been interesting at least. NA being soaked up to your knees week on week defo not interesting. 2 real months left yet I guess. That's for decent reliable cold anyhow

Posted

Gibbys summary over in mod output thread sums it up. Dying embers of cold spell - this winter is POO!No doubt someone will say but yeah it's been interesting at least. NA being soaked up to your knees week on week defo not interesting. 2 real months left yet I guess. That's for decent reliable cold anyhow

Don't know about anyone else, but comments like that absolutely drive me up the wall. Seriously, do people who make such comments ever take the time to watch a tv programme called "the news"? What on earth is "interesting" about wind and rain.....miniscule dry interval....more wind and rain.....wind damage....huge waves.....flooding....more wind...more rain....Interesting!!!! my Arsenal its interesting. Boring and depressing beyond belief I call it.

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Gibbys summary over in mod output thread sums it up. Dying embers of cold spell - this winter is POO!

No doubt someone will say but yeah it's been interesting at least. NA being soaked up to your knees week on week defo not interesting. 2 real months left yet I guess. That's for decent reliable cold anyhow

Sorry , but I don't understand your comment, Winter is just starting, there will be lots of enjoyment in the near future for cold loversPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Sorry , but I don't understand your comment, Winter is just  hasnt started yet - there will may be lots of enjoyment in the near future Spring for cold loversPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Corrected your post for more likely than not accuracy purposes. Seriously though.....this "winter" becomes more of a busted flush by the day...and no nice chart at t+384 is gonna make me think any different....nor any wishful thinking....sorry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Decent cold spells and snow

I hope you are right ANYWEATHER. My point being that so far there has been a distinct lack of anything wintry, frost ice etc. but yes you are very right as winter very seldom pops his head up till January at least daaan saaaf. As mentioned 2 months of hope left :)

Edited by chiller