IGNORED

Severe Storm System & Arctic Blast Thursday 5th Onwards

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Tide gauge at Great Yarmouth appears to have broken 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Done that earlier, they just need to recalibrate the graph again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Courtesy of the Guardian link.

PA report that more properties were being evacuated in Kent tonight - 70 in Seasalter and 200 in Faversham - ahead of expected flooding in the early hours of tomorrow.

A Kent County Council spokesman said: "The Environment Agency and Met Office are forecasting that there is a significant risk to people and property as tides combine with a coastal surge and significant waves, overnight and again on Friday afternoon."For those who are unable to find alternative accommodation, we are working with our colleagues in Dover District Council, Canterbury City Council, Swale Borough Council, the NHS and the voluntary sector to ensure residents' welfare needs, including feeding and bedding, are catered for at evacuation centres."Community wardens and police officers are making door-to-door visits."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I know you may all have seen this, but thought to copy on here in case any one of you need to refer to it for any reason: Don't forget the pets too!

The British Red Cross has issued advice for those in areas at risk, including: • Prepare an emergency kit including emergency numbers, insurance policy, first aid kit, torch and water. • Pack essential items you will need if evacuated - medication, clothing, toiletries and items for children. • Turn off the mains power and water, and take mobile phones and chargers with you in the event of an evacuation. • Avoid contact with floodwater where possible - it may be contaminated with sewage. • Don't allow children to play in or near flood water. • Check if vulnerable neighbours need any support

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Jesus this is becoming quite something now looking at these reports - thanks to our NW members for keeping me and others informed - stay safe if you are in an affected area!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

And this courtesy of the British Red Cross, courtesy of the BBC link.

2211: The British Red Cross has issued advice for those in areas at risk, including: • Prepare an emergency kit including emergency numbers, insurance policy, first aid kit, torch and water. • Pack essential items you will need if evacuated - medication, clothing, toiletries and items for children. • Turn off the mains power and water, and take mobile phones and chargers with you in the event of an evacuation. • Avoid contact with floodwater where possible - it may be contaminated with sewage. • Don't allow children to play in or near flood water. • Check if vulnerable neighbours need any support.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Found this youtube vid online of the surge today in NW Wirral, I hope it's nothing like this on the east coast as this caused major damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtGxzujen74

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Found this youtube vid online of the surge today in NW Wirral, I hope it's nothing like this on the east coast as this caused major damage.

Christ thats scary!

• Like 2

Posted

Latest from Lowestoft sounds bad:

"Lowestoft town is under water. Currently 4 Fire engines on rescue missions the RNLI inshore rescue service have just arrived at south Lowestoft fire station. A major incident in Lowestoft is now ongoing."

The levels are still rising there-

post-20937-0-03696800-1386282208_thumb.j

Posted

I wasn't expecting anything on this side of the country, with the centre of the low far to the east of here. It was like February 1990 all over again, when the same stretch of coast got hit (Towyn was badly affected in particular).

Glad I'm not living near the North Sea.

Edited by AderynCoch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

the surge in that video so strong, must of been scary to be caught up in it

Edited by JK1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

RIP Nelson Mandela but i think its best if the news were focusing on the storm surge in the east of England which could endanger a lot of people lives, just need a quick 15 minute coverage of the Nelson Mandela death then carry on with vital updates on the storm surge.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

RIP Nelson Mandela but i think its best if the news were focusing on the storm surge in the east of England which could endanger a lot of people lives, just need a quick 15 minute coverage of the Nelson Mandela death then carry on with vital updates on the storm surge.

Thats what i have been saying even the breaking news scrolling lines at the bottom of the page on sky news does not mention whats happening at home at all

Posted

BBC Radio Norfolk reporter Andrew Turner says Hemsby lifeboat station has fallen into the sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

BBC Radio Norfolk reporter Andrew Turner says Hemsby lifeboat station has fallen into the sea.

I hope their was no one in there.

Posted

Is it just me or has the bbc also cut the live storm page on there app?

Yep the website has discontinued the live reports. I have a uncanny feeling that come tomorrow morning someone's head at the HQ is going to roll.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Posted Image

amazing footage and a brave person to stand there that long, i would of been gone Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Flooding: The emergency services are currently inundated with calls, please only call 999 if there's an emergency or threat to life

Retweeted by Environment Agency
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

amazing footage and a brave person to stand there that long, i would of been gone Posted Image

I don't think he had any choice, he had nowhere to go...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

So so wrong...yes Nelson Mandela dying is a major news story but in truth its hardly unexpected is it? What is going on in this country right now is a potentially life threatening event and should not be suddenly cut by the BBC/Sky like this.

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

much more important news at home yes not even a mention on news just