Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Storm System & Arctic Blast Thursday 5th Onwards

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

So so wrong...yes Nelson Mandela dying is a major news story but in truth its hardly unexpected is it? What is going on in this country right now is a potentially life threatening event and should not be suddenly cut by the BBC like this.

Go complain it to the newswatch then. Its on tomorrow evening.

RIP Mandela.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted

Looks like Lowestoft has peaked early as predicted 

post-20937-0-23542100-1386283903_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

So so wrong...yes Nelson Mandela dying is a major news story but in truth its hardly unexpected is it? What is going on in this country right now is a potentially life threatening event and should not be suddenly cut by the BBC/Sky like this.

Timing could not have been worse... I agree, it is a disgrace to British citizens whose lives are at risk as we speak. Dreadful.
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Go complain it to the newswatch then.

I have...when I receive a reply I will post it here.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The gust of 87 mph ( corrected to standard height ) recorded  at 1254 today was the equal 6th highest I've recorded in the last 25 years and the highest on record in December.

• Like 3

Posted
SEVERE FLOODING' WARNING2254:

The Environment Agency has issued a severe flooding warning in Suffolk, warning of potential "danger to life".

The warning covers Orford Ness to Bawdsey, including Butley.

The forecast high water is due at 23:00.

Flooding is expected for harbourside properties in Orford and properties in Butley, Shingle Street and surrounding marshland, the Environment Agency said.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

I have also complained to the BBC - I could understand if there wasn't a major incident happening on a near national basis but not even a mention.  RIP Mr Mandela - very sad but the coverage during this event is unacceptable when people are risking their lives to ensure public safety.

I have aswell its shocking 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

I have also complained to the BBC - I could understand if there wasn't a major incident happening on a near national basis but not even a mention.  RIP Mr Mandela - very sad but the coverage during this event is unacceptable when people are risking their lives to ensure public safety.

+1

some one at the BBC wanted their cup of cocoa and chucked in reporting on a disaster affecting thousands of people.

And well although I am sorry to hear about Mandela, he was 95, had a great life, achieved much more than many of us ever will.. RIP

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

It also strikes me as being a massive waste of licence payers' money as the BBC have clearly already despatched reporters all along the East Coast and now will be virtually standing them down in some instances. I've complained too - not that it will get me anywhere - but why they had to drop the live feed on their main website beggars belief. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

In light of the current debate, my post from earlier seems even more pertinent now. I hope those in certain media circles are also listening.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78664-severe-storm-system-arctic-blast-thursday-5th-onwards/?p=2855851

Please keep the reports coming, they could potentially be literally life-saving updates for those in areas affected by the surge. I'm off to bed, will return to face up to the European weather headlines come the morning.

Take care all and keep the updates coming.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 5

I agree to an extent with most of the posts, but the death of Nelson Mandela is also in the public interest. I think they need to balance both stories, they do have a duty to keep the public informed.

With the number of Severe flood warnings still rising, I can't help but think that the worse may still be to come, not to mention it may still be bad at high tides tomorrow.

Edited by Sainsbo
  • Like 4

Posted

[*]

RADIO FLOOD SPECIAL 2302:

BBC Radio Norfolk will be bringing you full coverage of any floods in the county until 01:00. Graham Barnard is presenting a special programme with reporters based around the coast with regular updates on the situation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Bog-standard auto-reply message from Newswatch :

"Thanks very much for getting in touch with NewsWatch. We will contact you if we are able to take your comments further. Or your views and your name might get included in our weekly round-up of e-mails and calls.  But please be assured that we do read all correspondence and may well keep it on file for use in a future programme.The NewsWatch programme is just one of a number of initiatives aimed at making the BBC more open and accountable to its audience. You can find out more about it at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/. And the Newswatch website is at http://www.bbc.co.uk/newswatch NewsWatch - Fridays at 2045 and Saturdays at 0345 on the BBC News Channel, and on BBC One as part of Breakfast at 0745 on Saturdays"

Posted

Tide gauge at Great Yarmouth is still out but the River Bure is recording near record level.

post-20937-0-75565600-1386284744_thumb.j

post-20937-0-03589100-1386284769_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

It also strikes me as being a massive waste of licence payers' money as the BBC have clearly already despatched reporters all along the East Coast and now will be virtually standing them down in some instances. I've complained too - not that it will get me anywhere - but why they had to drop the live feed on their main website beggars belief. 

You still have live updates on the news website though....

Have copied this from Essex County F&R,

New potential flood areas announced

Essex05/12/2013 @ 22:24Incident Number: 061213

Several new severe flood warnings have been declared this evening. They are:

Manningtree Town (233 premises); Hamford Water/Walton back water, South Dovercourt (190 premises);

Blackwater North (Heybridge Basin and Maldon) (2,106 premises); Maldon to Maylandsea (168 premises); Tidal River Crouch from Creeksea to Battlesbridge (1,458 properties); Paglesham, Rochford, Potton Island and the Wakerings (1,111 properties) and Tidal Stour Estuary (14 properties).

Edited by Icebox
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Thank god for netweather news! I am infuriated with the BBC, they really have ridiculed theirselves turning a blind eye on an event that is currently rivalling 1953. What an absolute joke this is.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Thank god for netweather news! I am infuriated with the BBC, they really have ridiculed theirselves turning a blind eye on an event that is currently rivalling 1953. What an absolute joke this is.

Sky news are no better to be fair - well we just need to wait out and see what happens in the cold light of day tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

2308:

Six people had to be rescued from Cromer Pier tonight, the Eastern Daily Press reports.

aye, bleedin fishermen......

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

aye, bleedin fishermen......

You have to think here "became marooned during a fishing trip on the storm battered jetty."  Posted Image Posted Image