Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Storm System & Arctic Blast Thursday 5th Onwards

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Dave Throup â€@DaveThroupEA 1m

Now looking at potentially the worst tidal surge for 60 years. Warnings in place. Please act now

I am sure some of that water isn't meant to be there...http://www.wirralcam.org/newbrighton.shtml

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Properties at risk in the Chester area including Chester retail park, Greyhound retail park, Chester Way employment park, Sealand Industrial Estate, Sewage Works, properties off Sealand Road and New Crane Street to Watergate Square and Roodee Racecourse.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/

Property evacuations in Flintshire, North Wales.

• The A548 coast road between Aber Road (Flint) and Well Hill (G’field) is closed until further notice due to severe weather
  • A Silver Command has been set up at Greenfield buisness Centre to coordinate all agency’s
  • 84 Properties in Greenfield and Bagillt are being evacuated with businesses on Greenfield business Park
  • 280 properties from Gronant to Bagillt are at risk and are being evacuated.

http://deeside.com/front-page/deeside-flood-warnings-issued-river-dee-high-tide-1230pm-thursday/

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

No wonder so many problems being reported locally. Storm force 10 gusting 81mph. http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Winds continuing to moderate slowly. 

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I hope this of interest to some in here, albeit it has a deliberate focus put on my own region. Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78387-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-061113-0000z/?p=2854919

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

sleaford road  just past carlton road roundabout

OK. You are under a flood warning at the moment, though you're far enough away from The Haven for impacts to be unlikely I would guess, still as a course of least regret, I would at the very least make sure that you're keeping a very close eye on the flood warnings on the EA website, and following the advice they give on there. This is a fluid situation, and flood warnings may be updated at any point. If the flood warning gets upgraded to a Severe Flood Warning, you should be contacted either by the automated flood warning line or by the Police.

Posted

im sure we will be kept informed if we should evac or not  ..

Specific details of areas likely to be evacuated or already being evacuated in East Anglia down to Essex are currently running in the SE/EA regional thread. There are a few of them so I won't add them here.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78655-south-east-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-031213/

• Like 1

Posted

Topher, if you need to be evacuated, the Police or Boston Borough Council will come to your house and tell you, so don't worry about that. At the moment I think it's unlikely given where you are, but not impossible if things take a turn for the worse through the afternoon. I went to college in Boston, so I know where you are, you're a distance away from the Haven and South 40 foot drain, and on slightly higher ground, so you should be OK, but with the current situation still uncertain, keep following the flood warnings for Boston, and take sensible precautions, which it sounds like you are doing.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

We've now fit 74 mph pretty impressive.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

looks like the first weather front is about to hit me, just south of Rugby.

Posted Image

Edited by matty40s
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Have a flood warning out for my area (Greenhithe) but for tomorrow's high tides @ 02:15/14:45, thought the main risk was today by how things are sounding?

Posted

Have a flood warning out for my area (Greenhithe) but for tomorrow's high tides @ 02:15/14:45, thought the main risk was today by how things are sounding?

Further South means later times. The main storm surge could come on the back end of the low departing across Northern Europe/Southern Scandinavia and that coincides with a lot of very high tides to the East of the UK around midnight onwards.

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Posted Image

This was taken by my mates girlfriend who works for the daily post in north wales, this is deganwy

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The police in great Yarmouth says it will be worst than 2008 storm surge. Pretty sure it was 2008.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Environment Agency's site seems to have imploded, although at least holding on for it to work I now know we're under a Flood warning!

OH's Grandparents are right on Clacton Seafront, getting ready to go inland if necessary.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

High tide in Great Yarmouth due between 19:30 and 22:30

The Environment Agency are saying the high tides later today look set to be worse than those of 2007, and possibly worse than the devestating floods of 1953.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

absolutely love a good storm, first proper one we've had for a couple of years.

Posted

The police in great Yarmouth says it will be worst than 2008 storm surge. Pretty sure it was 2008.

I don't think there's much doubt that the tide heights tonight will be higher than 2007. We topped out at about 8.5 metres in 07, we could see 9.5 tonight.For those with a smartphone or tablet, and who are struggling to access the EA website, there's an app called flood alert that does the same job. If you add your postcode, your phone or tablet will alert you if a flood warning is issued or your flood risk changes. It's free as well. Edited by Just Before Dawn