Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Storm System & Arctic Blast Thursday 5th Onwards

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

The nippa's trampoline is in next door's garden. How awful.

it was easier in the old days, ..."scuse me mistah, could I have my football back"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.

Recorded gusts of 70+ here in York this morning

just had a phone call from the environment agency to warn of tidal surge flooding in Boston along the haven . quite concerned  as i live in town about 500m from the haven . not sure how high this will be not quite sure how serious may have to move stuff and out 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

68 mph the high here so far here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

i dont understand how there will be flooding in the east when the wind is coming from the west?

just had a phone call from the environment agency to warn of tidal surge flooding in Boston along the haven . quite concerned  as i live in town about 500m from the haven . not sure how high this will be not quite sure how serious may have to move stuff and out 

whats your altitude?

• Like 1

Posted

70 mph or more up here.....guttering hanging looks like it might come off..... Gate gone and fence panels ive just fixed as they came down.... Visibility is nil in this winddriven rain.... 6c but in wind feels like -5c.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The weather front just passed here and it is turning much colder here too.

Posted

Latest news on preparations for potential evacuation in the East:

Flood evacuation warnings for Snettisham, Heacham and Hunstanton

West Norfolk council and the Environment Agency have issued precautionary evacuation notices to around 400 properties before this evening’s high tide.

Posted Image

High water is expected around 7.30pm on the coast. The expected 5.8m tide is likely to be up to 1m higher because of a north-westerly gale and low pressure weather system. A council spokeswoman said the affected properties were mainly caravans and chalets sited immediately behind the sea defences. “We think it’s about 400 properties affected, but most of them will be empty, so the number of people affected is a lot less than that, probably less than half,†she said.

Affected properties are off Beach Road and at Shepherd’s Port, at Snettisham; Heacham North and South beaches; Jubilee Road, Heacham; and South Beach and Seagate roads, at Hunstanton

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/flood_evacuation_warnings_for_snettisham_heacham_and_hunstanton_1_3077453

i dont understand how there will be flooding in the east when the wind is coming from the west?

whats your altitude?

Storm surge combined with high tides

• Like 1

Posted

The surge comes from the displacement of the sea's surface area by the central low pressure itself rather than height wave, which ontop of the surge also causes it's own problems. But I believe the low will be something in the region of 962mb by the time it reaches Copenhagen and its the pressure differential which will be reflected on the north sea and surrounding coasts.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

http://live.waves4you.de/ucam/index.html

looking pretty lively across Denmark as well.....

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

76mph recorded on the Cumbrian coast. Not quite as intense now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Yeah the worst has passed now - not really much to note apart from a roof torn from the property but overall a typical winter storm for this locale.

Looking forward to high tide later though :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

just had a phone call from the environment agency to warn of tidal surge flooding in Boston along the haven . quite concerned as i live in town about 500m from the haven . not sure how high this will be not quite sure how serious may have to move stuff and out

hi Topher.Stay close to a source of flood warning information. I think the risk in Boston is more related to seepage through flood defences rather than overtopping or breaches, and they tend to be a risk to those immediately behind them. That said, we don't know yet how high the high tide is likely to be, so keep checking the EA flood pages on their website. If your property is at risk, you'll hear from the police or from Boston Borough Council about evacuation. If you're on the Witham upstream from the flood barrier at The sluice, you should be OK.We're due another briefing from the EA in around an hour, I'm expecting it to be pretty sobering. Edited by Just Before Dawn

Posted

68 mph the high here so far here.

Wind dropped off here since earlier severe gusts about then,a cypress tree blown onto the telephones wires and pushed it down halfway down the road.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Is there any live streaming web cams that got snow falling atm?

Posted

Is there any live streaming web cams that got snow falling atm?

Snowing in dundee try there

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

WIRRALCAM system is showing massive surge now at high tide..

Waves near lighthouse top at Fort Perch Rock

http://www.wirralcam.org/mersey.shtml