Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 03/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Well,looks like i have a entertaining night coming up! I`ll prob set the alarm for 2am just to take a look around incase, then i`ll have the afternoon`s tide to wait for!

Edited by anything-but
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Glad I wasn't on any planes today! Some great footage of two attempted landings at Birmingham today - http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/05/uk-weather-dramatic-footage-shows-planes-unable-to-land-at-birmingham-airport-amid-gale-force-winds-4218358/?ITO=facebook

My good god!! I'm not a great flier, but if I was on that plane, that would turn me off flying for years...
  • Like 2

Posted

i've been in hospital since Saturday, emergency admission, came home tonight.Treated very well by all doctors and nurses at the Paget even though they get bad Press, and I am not the world's easiest patient.

Followed about this storm surge as much as ppossible on the ward tv, but didn't hear much about it as someone tuned it to some inane game channel showing supermarket sweep, so now reading up on it and see that parts of Yarmouth are ar maybe evacuated.

If anyone knows the Paget, the ward overlooked the main car ppark from which had a beautiful view of a red sunrise very early this morning, then seeing the trees swaying all afternoon, and even inside the building, the patients toilet/washroom must be against an outdoor wall as the wind was rushing in there through little gaps and you could hear it knocking against the side of the building.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lot's of branches down in the garden again and a couple in the road (small ones). The wind was WNW and absolutely icy when doing the dog walk — poor dogs only got a round the field job instead of their usual 2 miler — I'm getting over flu and didn't want to set it off again.

We were coming back from London last night around 2 am, and at first I thought it was snowing, but then realised the frost had made the leaves fall off the trees. There was quite a sharp one which was gone by morning.

Posted

I'm back to Colchester hospital tomorrow for one of a lot of check ups following the removal of my prostate due to aggressive cancer. I cannot speak for anyone else but for me the care there has been exceptionally good. So I am happy to give praise where it is due.

• Like 2

Posted

I'm back to Colchester hospital tomorrow for one of a lot of check ups following the removal of my prostate due to aggressive cancer. I cannot speak for anyone else but for me the care there has been exceptionally good. So I am happy to give praise where it is due.

i hope you get on ok.I saw all kinds of really good nursing going on but these aren't the things which make the press.

A very busy nurse taking the time to comfort an elderly patient who couldn't eat, after a good twenty minutes she coaxed her to eat just one sppoonful of whatever she was trying to feed her, and said that even that small amount would be good for the old lady.

Two nurses constantly putting a dripp back into the arm of a confused pensioner who kept rippping it out, all done with patience and a smile.

The nurse looking after me, who stroked my back while i vomited.

i could NOT do their job.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Wind for East of England : Essex, Norfolk, Southend-on-Sea & Suffolk

Yellow Warning of Wind for London & South East England : Kent

Strong winds across coastal areas will gradually moderate, but will still influence the impacts from coastal flooding.

Please refer to the Environment Agency website for latest information on coastal flooding.

Issued at:

1556 on Thu 5 Dec 2013

Valid from:

1600 on Thu 5 Dec 2013

Valid to:

1200 on Fri 6 Dec 2013

Strong northwesterly winds will continue to affect North Sea coastal counties during the remainder of Thursday, overnight, and into Friday, before easing. A combination of large waves, surge and high tides will give rise to some coastal flooding, especially for East Anglia.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Winds have died down a lot now in Ippy. It's a bit chilly bit as yet, not too bad. I may have a wander over to the river later and see what's to do.

Keep safe, everyone. And remember, as someone said above.......goods can be replaced, however awful it is to lose them. But life cannot...and it's precious.

:)

• Like 2

Posted

Was'nt expecting this!

live at the bottom of Minster on the edge of the marsh.http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/142151.aspx

zoom in towards Dover

Quite a lot of orangey stuff inland from Hastings too - I can see the Romney marches etc getting flooded, but really surprised how far inland it goes. Hopefully, they're preparing everyone for the worst and it won't be as scary as projected. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Was'nt expecting this!

live at the bottom of Minster on the edge of the marsh.http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/142151.aspx

zoom in towards Dover

Indeed scary stuff, sadly a fair few red and orange alerts popping up all over coastal parts and upriver areas within this region. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

According to that it will be coming at me from 2 directions . .  fingers crossed it wont get here. Kids are hoping it will be flooded on the way to school which is probably a real possibility but that is typical of kids!

Posted

Posted Image

hi guys n gals, thought one or two of you maybe interested in the pic my father took at 8am this morning in weybread suffolk..  wish i was there to see it! typical!

possibly two funnels (one to the right in the pic) according to my dad..

Edited by Mr_Pessimistic
  • Like 6

Posted

I managed to get a funnel picture at the last Lowestoft air display just over a year ago. Also a short video of it turning. Good job it didn't touch down.

I'd just like to thank Southernman for looking after me and making me a boiled egg and bringing me various things, as I am in bed and probably will be stuck here for a few days.And he didn't complain about it -well, only a tiny bit.He was very good and visited me in hospital every day even though he isn't 100 per cent well himself.

• Like 3

Posted

talk on the local radio lot of  the town ex arouned  the  docks will be flooded  later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Posted Image

hi guys n gals, thought one or two of you maybe interested in the pic my father took at 8am this morning in weybread suffolk..  wish i was there to see it! typical!

possibly two funnels (one to the right in the pic) according to my dad..

That just reminded me, the fence in my girls primary school blew down today, my childs description was that a lot of leaves blew off the tree and were turning in a circle then the fench blew off then all the leaves just fell in one spot.

Posted

I'd just like to thank Southernman for looking after me and making me a boiled egg and bringing me various things, as I am in bed and probably will be stuck here for a few days.And he didn't complain about it -well, only a tiny bit.He was very good and visited me in hospital every day even though he isn't 100 per cent well himself.

You look after me when you're able. Posted Image

Posted

You look after me when you're able. Posted Image

jolly good.and now back to the weather before we both get banned for being off topic.

confirmed as bad as 1953 now, and it appears more places affected already than was foreseen.

talk on the local radio lot of  the town ex arouned  the  docks will be flooded  later

i wonder if i can get a local radio feed via internet? might not pick up ipswich but probably could get yarmouth, the beach or norwich.

Posted

http://www.ntslf.org/data/realtime?port=Lowestoft

any  one  looking  at  that   ex  CAPT shortwave  think they better make  sure they  are  safe to-night   over  4m  at  the moment