Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 03/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

This is a regional thread to discuss the current and forecast conditions in our area, if you don’t live in London, the South East, East Anglia or the Three Counties you’re in the wrong thread….(but you can stay here if you really want to Posted Image)

post-10773-0-06301600-1386030757_thumb.j

Here we are a few days in to the meteorological winter and it looks like the weather will be playing ball (snowballs soon hopefully) and is sending some cold Arctic air for the end of this week…so just a quick hello and welcome to any newbys and a reminder to anyone who hasn't done so yet to please put your locations in your profile (you can do this by clicking on your profile on the top right hand corner of screen then clicking on 'edit profile') Its good to know where you are reporting from!

The snow depth cup can be found here….

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78581-south-east-east-anglia-regional-snow-depth-cup-winter-201314/

…if you haven’t entered now that’s too bad…(unless you can bribe Tom or Chris to accept a late entry Posted Image )

Link to the previous thread here….

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78580-south-east-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-251113/page-40

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 3

Posted

one more ramp

then bed

Posted Image

Posted Image

just for us

things looking interesting for mid month

long way off etc Posted ImagePosted Image

but if the ramp charts are there

so are the chances of cold Posted ImagePosted Image

be back tomorrow evening

goodnight all Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Sorry I havent been around much but ive been on some killer shifts, I work for Total Oil in IT and I have recently started as a casual at Royal Mail in Hemel Hempstead next to the Hertfordshire Oil Storage Terminal saving up for Uni when you dont have student finance support is quite frankly obscene. I have to save up £25,000 to attened and be able to stay at the University plus food and expenses. Luckily I still have two years of Student fiance to support me hopefully.Sitting behind a computer all day is fine but at Royal Mail I am pushing up to 1/4 ton carts around for 6+ hours a day. Lucky I had a day off at Royal Mail as today I literally can't walk. Back to the grind tomorrow tough.I havent had time to observe the weather recently appart from the purple and pink sunset we had this evening it was beautiful.

• Like 3

Posted

Morning all, can't stop long, off to Hampshire for meetings, then to Reading to see the mighty Addicks get stuffed no doubt. Looks dry, no frost or drizzle. Here's to a good trip round the M25, have a great day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Good morning people

Body clock all over the place since the new arrival.

Yes we have rescued another greyhound.

'jingles'

Shes only 2 and has never been in a house before.

Few problems to start as she kept growling at jubbly and trying to over rule him but he finally had enough last night and told her off and now things seem a bit more relaxed.

I bet like like jubbly shes never seen snow before.

So cant wait to see what she makes of it when we get some.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, I wonder what marvellous weather we have in store for today......

Oh it's cloudy again Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Morning

Morning Matt, morning all.

Folk in the East of the region my want to consider the wind coming on Thursday if nothing else:

Posted Image

129km/hr (80mph) out on the North sea and some of that could affect coasts facing it:

Posted Image

A broad sweep right through the North of high gusty wind:

post-6667-0-12896600-1386055543_thumb.pn

Something to look forward to I guess, but will it blow any precipitation away before it lands?

Posted Image

Posted Image

At least it won't be stuck in the current rut for a few hours, time to lash down the wheelie bins again!

Posted

Weather warning out for the very tippy top of our patch:

post-6667-0-15242000-1386056255_thumb.jp

East of England and East Midlands

Yellow Alert of Wind 05 Dec 2013, 00:05

Issued at - 02 Dec 2013, 11:42
Valid from - 05 Dec 2013, 00:05
Valid to - 05 Dec 2013, 18:00

Westerly gales are expected to spread southwards across northern and some central parts of the UK on Thursday, with gusts of 60 to 70 mph possible.  The winds will veer northerly or northwesterly and ease a little later in the day, with the stronger winds becoming confined to the far northeast of the UK by early Friday. 

The public should be aware of possible disruption to travel, particularly through the central belt of Scotland and over higher routes of northern England on Thursday. Large waves, high tides and surge may also cause some coastal flooding along the East Coast of England.

Posted

Coincides with a high tide too I thought I heard Coast??

Yes, a potential for flooding all along North Sea facing coasts, but no warnings in place yet:

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/31618.aspx

Typically, looking at Cromer tides on Thursday:

post-6667-0-18949400-1386059040_thumb.jp

Hide tide occurring right in the heart of things:

post-6667-0-98217200-1386059072_thumb.jp

That's without the effects of any storm surge

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hello you lot, I thought you might like a gander at my post looking towards next week and beyond over in your enemy's region.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78387-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-061113-0000z/?p=2852510

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Morning Matt, morning all.

Folk in the East of the region my want to consider the wind coming on Thursday if nothing else:

Posted Image

129km/hr (80mph) out on the North sea and some of that could affect coasts facing it:

Posted Image

A broad sweep right through the North of high gusty wind:

Something to look forward to I guess, but will it blow any precipitation away before it lands?

Posted Image

Posted Image

At least it won't be stuck in the current rut for a few hours, time to lash down the wheelie bins again!

Looks like this has moved a bit more south and west in this run.

Posted

Looks like this has moved a bit more south and west in this run.

I guess it's still got time to shift about a bit, although it does look like it's going to pelt down the East coast. I'm still not sure how much, if any white stuff will make it to the ground though, blink and Posted Image

Posted

I guess it's still got time to shift about a bit, although it does look like it's going to pelt down the East coast. I'm still not sure how much, if any white stuff will make it to the ground though, blink and Posted Image

I'm off to my weekend retreat on Thursday a disused oil rig in the North Sea, anyone care to join me?!
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Another beautiful winters day, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, the crisp white snow on the ground and the early mist clearing to leave a fine and sunny day....and then I woke up to see the grey, boring, and cr*p weather we are getting used to....

I really need to get myself a SAD light.....

• Like 1

Posted

I'm off to my weekend retreat on Thursday a disused oil rig in the North Sea, anyone care to join me?!

I'll get things ready for you Jules;

Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

Morning, I wonder what marvellous weather we have in store for today......

Oh it's cloudy again Posted Image

Good morning Captain, good morning all.

Yes it's another Groundhog Day here as well, still stuck under a sullen and stubborn blanket of grey muck. The brief incoming Artcic blast should hopefully blow that away though. I hadn't considered the possibilty of a North Sea storm surge until I read the previous posts, but the track of the low would I imagine, lead to higher than usual tides ?

Hopefully nothing to worry about though.Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Any beers ??

• Like 1

Posted

Any beers ??

Keg of Harvey's and a crate of Stella oh and a gallon of Bushmills honey as that's my tipple at the moment. Ask Coast nicely and he may bring along his Sloe stash.
  • Like 2