Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ---->

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

cant see it running out of fuel they have safety measures they have to head back once there fuel gets to a certain level.

u would think so but could possibly be a leak....if there is fuel in the copter when it crashed then it is a miracle it has not ignited

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

sounds like from what a woman is saying on bbc news it landed on the roof then fell through maybe it did run out of fuel or the engine just packed in

Posted

an expert just explained its likely the way iy is designed the fuel tank would not break if it crashed vertically

Nick i think we are off topic

Posted

an expert just explained its likely the way iy is designed the fuel tank would not break if it crashed vertically

Nick i think we are off topic

yeah just the first 2 pages think we are going to get the nads kicked soon lol

Posted

we will blame LS for the off topic stuff just say we were getting bored waiting on him Posted Image

Posted

glol BUS that is exactly what I was thinking........where is the young whippersnapper???............... runs are looking good and if the 00z continues theme then will start to await the faxes with interest

• Like 1

Posted

glol BUS that is exactly what I was thinking........where is the young whippersnapper???............... runs are looking good and if the 00z continues theme then will start to await the faxes with interest

in the model thread copying and pasting Posted Image

only kidding LS we know you put a lot of work in Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

I had a post ready but I held off because of the helicopter crash, latest reports are that the three in the helicopter that crashed are dead. I've got a lot of friends and family in Glasgow so I've mostly been trying to find out if they're all ok, I'm pretty sure it's not a pub most of them regularly frequent but with reports of fatalities it's best to check in with friends and family to make sure they're ok.

Models look pretty good, pub run a bit weird but par for the course with the GFS, ECM has major snowfall potential particularly from that secondary shortwave but this is a very complex setup so I wouldn't count any chickens yet.

Posted

18z ensemble looking good for here ignore the mean its masked a bit by a few pretty warm runs

post-18233-0-91717500-1385770794_thumb.g

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

I had a post ready but I held off because of the helicopter crash, latest reports are that the three in the helicopter that crashed are dead. I've got a lot of friends and family in Glasgow so I've mostly been trying to find out if they're all ok, I'm pretty sure it's not a pub most of them regularly frequent but with reports of fatalities it's best to check in with friends and family to make sure they're ok.

Models look pretty good, pub run a bit weird but par for the course with the GFS, ECM has major snowfall potential particularly from that secondary shortwave but this is a very complex setup so I wouldn't count any chickens yet.

fae the sounds of it there was time for the people to try and get out of the pub so not sure how many would still be in when the helicopter eventually went through the roof cos the woman on the bbc news I heard said the roof started to cave and they were all getting out the pub before it fell through

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

18z ensemble looking good for here ignore the mean its masked a bit my two pretty warm runs

Posted Image30.gif

10 sub -10C runs overall (11 counting the op), another solid set of ensembles and crucially the uppers don't appear to be downgrading in strength as so often happens(yet).

• Like 2

Posted

not good news LS.... hopefully no fatalities within the pub but 3 families will have devastation :(

Posted

fae the sounds of it there was time for the people to try and get out of the pub so not sure how many would still be in when the helicopter eventually went through the roof cos the woman on the bbc news I heard said the roof started to cave and they were all getting out the pub before it fell through

Yeah, I think the fatalities were the helicopter crew, still a horrendous incident and hopefully there aren't any more fatalities reported

Posted

where did u hear about the deaths cos bbc said no confirmed fatalities yet

Posted

where did u hear about the deaths cos bbc said no confirmed fatalities yet

twitter, although allegedly police confirmed. BBC are very slow and in fairness they also need to be totally sure before they issue a statement to make sure they don't have to retract at a later date. STV I believe tweeted the story but I'm waiting to see. Another eyewitness claimed to have seen 2 bodybags but latest statement is that Police Scotland are unable to comment on any injuries still.

Posted

thought I better put one on topic post in so we don't get into trouble.

at least one model wants to go for something similar to what I am looking for

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/cfse_cartes.php?ech=-6&mode=0&carte=1&run=10

• Like 1

Posted

twitter, although allegedly police confirmed. BBC are very slow and in fairness they also need to be totally sure before they issue a statement to make sure they don't have to retract at a later date. STV I believe tweeted the story but I'm waiting to see. Another eyewitness claimed to have seen 2 bodybags but latest statement is that Police Scotland are unable to comment on any injuries still.

probably wont get the full news on fatalities/casualties till tomorrow once its all been sorted out a bit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

Tonights ECM run in Model Thread went like this "Scotland will be getting hammered" "Lots of snaw for the north" "West and NW looks in firing line" and by that i switched off and zoomed out of planet Earth , i have returned and asked was it all a dream or what?! 

Sad news regarding Crash , i live around 10mins away and also went passed the PUB earlier today. I seen report on twitter that the band playing in PUB continued to play after Crash if true then WOW hats off! 

• Like 1

Posted

Saddened to hear the news of the helicopter crash - I hope any fatalities are kept to a minimum. 

Weatherwise, here it was a decent, fresh day (quite chilly) with some pleasant patches of blue sky and a very wintry looking dusk followed by a chilly and clear evening. I'm pleased to look at the models and see a trend for cold or even wintry conditions in early December with some impressive charts and runs.

Posted

thought I better put one on topic post in so we don't get into trouble.

at least one model wants to go for something similar to what I am looking for

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/cfse_cartes.php?ech=-6&mode=0&carte=1&run=10

Maybe it's worth setting up a separate thread for this on the serious discussion thread, although the mods will be absolutely fine about us discussing this on here.

Posted

Maybe it's worth setting up a separate thread for this on the serious discussion thread, although the mods will be absolutely fine about us discussing this on here.

yeah they will be cool its no like we are in the model thread with absolute strict rules

Posted

Oh aye the on topic model thread....

Gonna be cold

No it's no it's gonna be warm

It's gonna be 1947

No it's gonna be a Bartlett

Winter is over

Your a sassidge

No your a sassidge

Why do people continually look at charts in FI

Because it is a model discussion thread

Repeat to fade!!

We are probably more on topic than the MT

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning Peeps! Very calm this morning, temp is 6.5 and rising. Off to Stirling today to deliver Xmas pressies and hopefully sell some art work, back on Monday. Keep the ramping up! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Just been gawping at a spectacular sunrise over the firth, one of the best for a long time.

Is this upcoming cold snap doing what GFS loves, with the cold just continually being pushed out of the reliable.  Looks this morning as if it's now due in gosh lets see a week's time, then alternating snowmageddon and heatwave beyond that.

Back to bed for my weekly long lie...

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Sad news indeed - I used to drink in that pub now and again.

As for the weather it's been a great November in NE Fife. Another sunny day yesterday took the monthly sunshine hours to 114. With more sunshine likely today we may end up with nearly 120 hours - almost twice what we had last month and close to the totals of August and September this year. Not bad when daylight is at a premium. Just 22mm of rainfall too (average 57mm).