Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ---->

Nick L

Posted

ok total carnage here as well we lost the horses stable ,we haven't found the roof ,thank god he wasn't in it ,and the front window has been blown out big bay window ,a chicken coop was lifted up and smashed against a fence ,the thunder storm was horrible ,whole sky lit up time and time again ,off to mend what i can ,snowing now ,flakes

the ness weather station recorded 116.3 mph ,oh well no red warning ,so couldn't have been that bad  

http://www.eoropaidh.co.uk/ to show the wind speed if you look in records you'll see the wind speed 

Edited by milkmaid
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Ashes getting more coverage than this storm, typical BBC...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

So is that the worst passing now then? Or will the winds go on a while? Is the weather supposed to be dry but cold then later today? 

(answers on a postcard...)

Dear o_t_r, Weather's here, wish you were lovely. Auntie Effie sends her love and asks if you got her nice hand-knitted jumper for your birthday as she hasn't had your thankyou letter. Our room marked with an 'X' overleaf. Pressure here is over 1000 again acc'g XC, so that's it well on its way back up, reckon that's the worst now passed for Embra. Please pop in and water the cat if you get a moment when feeding the plants. love and hugs, BMW

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

ok total carnage here as well we lost the horses stable ,we haven't found the roof ,thank god he wasn't in it ,and the front window has been blown out big bay window ,a chicken coop was lifted up and smashed against a fence ,the thunder storm was horrible ,whole sky lit up time and time again ,off to mend what i can ,snowing now ,flakes

the ness weather station recorded 109.5 mph ,oh well no red warning ,so couldn't have been that bad  

http://www.eoropaidh.co.uk/ to show the wind speed 

Cripes. All I've lost is my saltire. Torn to shreds.

Luckily I have a reserve one....

• Like 3

Posted

It seems we have escaped relatively unscathed here. Neighbours greenhouse was blown over in the middle of night but that's only real sign of any damage. Wind has definitely died down here for the moment anyway. There is an air of snowiness about though.. 2 degrees.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

the ness weather station recorded 109.5 mph ,oh well no red warning ,so couldn't have been that bad  

http://www.eoropaidh.co.uk/ to show the wind speed 

aww that doesnt sound good! Lucky the horse was safe!  

Dear o_t_r, Weather's here, wish you were lovely. Auntie Effie sends her love and asks if you got her nice hand-knitted jumper for your birthday as she hasn't had your thankyou letter. Our room marked with an 'X' overleaf. Pressure here is over 1000 again acc'g XC, so that's it well on its way back up, reckon that's the worst now passed for Embra. Please pop in and water the cat if you get a moment when feeding the plants. love and hugs, BMW

Dear BMW,

Thanks for taking the time to post me a card! Weather is here too, but Im not lovely - more windswept. Glad to hear things are on the up! I'm afraid until rail network is back the cat and plants may have to dehydrate. 

Love OTR

P.S Say cheers to Auntie Effie for the jumper - how did she know I'd always wanted one with a picture of Ian McCaskill sewn on?!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Wind died back here too. Max gust recorded by local weather station of 67.3mph. Temp dropped to 4.3c now from 7.7c. Sky getting very dark..  So....what's next on the menu?

• Like 1

Posted

Woke at 6 and the house was shaking. Checked the new weather station display wind 37 and temp 5.6. Checked again at 8 - nothing on display. Massive fail. Weather station still intact but not reading anything. Any ideas?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Woke at 6 and the house was shaking. Checked the new weather station display wind 37 and temp 5.6. Checked again at 8 - nothing on display. Massive fail. Weather station still intact but not reading anything. Any ideas?

Disconnect then reconnect power source.

The Graun has a collection of tweets re trampoline escapees, all Scottish.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

OH commuted to Stirling and said there were trees down on the A9 northbound, but relatively ok getting there on the southbound. Got the girls to school (a medal should be on its way in the post for me!). And Im feeling very lucky as the large maple tree at the bottom of our garden (other side though) has split clean in half and luckily fell safely the other way. 

Nice bit of homemad furniture as an outcome of that then maybe?

• Like 2

Posted

All of a sudden the wind seems to have completely eased but now there's a black cloud coming in. The dog walks at half past 5 and half past 9 this morning we're a lot of fun! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Still pretty windy here. Trampolines ignoring the warnings and landing close to our garden!

Neighbours greenhouse missing panes.

Decided not to take kids to school, lots did - i wasn't taking any chances (common sense prevails here)

• Like 1

Posted

First fatality - lorry driver has died after his HGV blew over at the roundabout just down the road from my house :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

tempestwatch

Thats transport scotland just updated its warning to red, dont travel. What! a bit late in the day now that rush hour is almost over and people have already committed! And the MET have not upped thier warnings to Red with over half a dozen +100mph gusts recorded, stations closed and the whole rail network closed, beggers belief!

No adult who has woken this morning to the stormy conditions should need Transport Scotland to advise them not to travel. Lets take responsibility for our own lives and not rely on any Local or Government body.

I agree completely, so why do them at all then, and why have the capacity for a MET Office red warning system when it clearly is not used. I am responsible adult and as such will make decisions based on observation and guidance. If Government organisations are to issue guidance then it should be done consistantly and in a timely manner.

• Like 3

Posted

HC, Dug walk was a bit scary as only a wee pup, think she hated it more than me, but alas we survived, just. Sore back mind from walking at 45 degree angle.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Wind seems to have died down here a bit but now the showers are turning to graupel in the heavier bursts. Temperature has dropped to 3.7C at 10am in Dyce, from a high of 7.3C at 4am.

Posted

the temp is 1.2

wind chill -7.8 if you wanted to know

the dew point is -1.7it's bitter out there so i'm sure we'll send some snow on down to you 

wind has dropped to 60 mph  or so 

Edited by milkmaid
  • Like 1

Posted

Scaffold collapsed over cars when taking youngster to school wit a mess

No red warning . I,m popping them a email

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry, cool and sunny

Wind is dying down here. Had powercut from 6.30 to 9.30 and has just gotten very dark.  That is the snow starting but is horizontal at the moment!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Snowing here. Just a covering in Lerwick at the moment but conditions further North on the islands of Unst & Yell pretty atrocious with around 4 inches of snow and drifting in the strong winds. Schools being rapidly closed. All inter-island ferry services suspended and looks like the Northlink Ferries between Aberdeen & Lerwick may be cancelled or delayed tonight.

• Like 5

Posted

morning ,, what a will start to the day down here on the tail of the bank .. i was out in it at 7:30 on way to physio for my knee ... it was like being water hosed ! was so wet had to run in my bare feet in the gym :) lots of damage around :( saw some sleet in the last shower .. hope everyone is safe ...