Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ---->

Nick L

Posted

yip next to the smelly bit then a mile after Arnold Clark .7 cars then 5 cars thought I was on a go cart track this morning

That'll be Arnold Clark with new stock then. Posted Image

Starting to blow a wee bit now, but hope to be asleep for the main event.

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

It's already pretty blawy here and the wind is roarin through the trees oot the back, so it's gettin noisyPosted Image

Feelin a bit chillier noo Posted Image

Big Innes 

Oh aye!

MT = Winters Over Posted Image

Sounds like a mathematical equation Posted Image

FAF.... I think the equation is trolls x attention seekers x people who dont understand models but pretend to x negative people x about 10 sane voices = visit the scottish thread instead

yay... and i'll raise you: (your answer) x population of england / population of scotland to get the fuller picture of the problem.

seems to be only after midnight that the wind really picks up... i'm needing my bed soon so will miss the fun unless i get woken by the old cheggers standby - wheelie bins hacking down the street, which may happen as it was bin day and there's a couple still out on the street!  Posted ImagePosted Image

That'll be Arnold Clark with new stock then. Posted Image

Starting to blow a wee bit now, but hope to be asleep for the main event.

Arnold Shark, as he's more commonly know here. They wouldn't sell go-karts, they're too useful and upmarket.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

I'm expecting you all to be reporting in from Norway tomorrow.  I'm glad I don't have to do the old commute up over Fenwick and Eaglesham Moors to work.   I sincerely hope none of you experience damage - and stay safe if you have to go out in the morning. Will be thinking of you all.....

• Like 6

Posted

Just been out with the dog, marked drop in temp from earlier and clear skies again. Wind is just a breeze though. Hoping it won't be too windy/wet for wsliking pooch in morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

lol hc all fair points :)

just realised its blue bin day tomorrow.....excellent the bins with the lightest load...

have weighed trampoline down with slabs......that sucker aint going anyplace as already on trampoline 3 since 2010

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Fax updated within the last hour, a true Northerly.

post-7292-0-92390400-1386198170_thumb.gi

Posted

wow thats a long fetch northerly...hopefully some see convection from that.... going to be extremes from storm to snow for some baltic for all and the double figures by sunday potentially in scottish areas....gotta love weather

main weather on BBC said significant snow showers from the northerly 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder any extreme weather

Very windy n pouring with rain here just now, n that's just the start if it ☔

Posted

Off oot with the dug for last time tonight, weighted boots, but no umbrella, that would be asking for it.

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 2

Posted

Storm alarm just went off on watch here in Westhill. Only ever been wrong once and it always means if you look out the window it will be howling and possibly raining also so here we go.

• Like 1

Posted

Watching XC weather and the arrows are getting larger and larger coming in from the West. Also watching "Will It Rain" and big clouds heading in fro West too. Pity its nearly bedtime.

• Like 1

Posted

Watching XC weather and the arrows are getting larger and larger coming in from the West. Also watching "Will It Rain" and big clouds heading in fro West too. Pity its nearly bedtime.

ach the nights young....ive got blinds open to look out at the weather, match of the day just starting on sky plus and a couple of chilled millers.....meetings all day tomorrow so will just have caffeine overload

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

ach the nights young....ive got blinds open to look out at the weather, match of the day just starting on sky plus and a couple of chilled millers.....meetings all day tomorrow so will just have caffeine overload

Snap... was supposed to get another early night but the lure of gentle housework and uninterrupted internet access is too much. Apart from gaming young HC in the next room taking all the bandwidth so plenty of websites out of reach. kudos to NW for making the site so easy to browse. Ach well there's always a lamp-post - now functioning - to peer at through the rain.

Have to say that wind isn't picking up as expected...Posted Image

Off oot with the dug for last time tonight, weighted boots, but no umbrella, that would be asking for it.

Wot breed of dug is that...?Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image the damage a pooch could do with weighted boots and an umbrella is stretching my addled brain...

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

No lamp-post here as I'm upstairs, but I don't need to look to tell that the wind's fair getting up. This could yet be one of the couple of nights a year I end up fleeing downstairs to sleep in the small hours as this attic room, exposed on south and west sides, starts to shake as the wind slams into it… All the things that get rattled in the wind inside the room are being rattled, and that's with all the work I did the last two years on re-plastering and re-puttying and so on… It will be interesting to see the dawn - tempted to set alarm early, but 6.40 will be plenty early enough,,, STAY SAFE, everyone...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

The reason I'm up at this time of the morning is I've just been woken by a pretty severe thunderstorm and strong gusts of wind as the centre of the low passes over here. Some fairly dramatic pressure drops of over 18hPa/hr currently at 977.2hPa. This is slowing down now as the low and its associated line of thunderstorms and squalls moves away east. The wind should veer NW fairly soon and start to increase markedly. Top gust during the squalls was 55kts=63mph. Had everything from rain, hail sleet and wet snow. Temp shot up to around 6C but is falling back quickly now at 4.5C.

• Like 5

Posted

First proper storm in the new house, wide awake now as its very exposed to the strong winds in the central belt! Unfortunately my anemometer broke during the move so no idea what the local wind speed is other than strong...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

according to the met office observations, somewhere in Scotland had a wind gust of 82mph already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

92mph altnaharra

93mph glen ogle...gusts, not average speed.

Edited by chubbyfan

Posted

Very wild morning here with torrential showers of rain/hail,gusty wind and loud thunder and lightning. Currently  5c. Radar looks interesting

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Morning all, in case you didn't know what was happening.. Ie didn't look outside here is a bbc live updates re the storm.. http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25227714

Am sure you are all being sensible as you are all more used to high winds than here darn sarf but stay safe..

Pb

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Wind now NW and increasing, temp dropping like a stone, was 6C at 4am this morning now 1.9C and falling at the rate of 2.7C/hr. Already gusting Gale 8.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Forth Road Bridge just tweeted 78mph gusts apparently...Dark, wild, windy, wet… no weather station here, but I'll go with "I'm staying in as long as possible today!" as my report from Suburban Sth Embra!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Insanely windy here ATM, wind has been battering the side of the house since the early hours

Edit: lights flickering every so often

Edited by Mesosphere
  • Like 3