Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ----->

Nick L

Posted

It was so annoying last winter when the SE of NI had over a foot of snow and we had nothing!! The streamers coming in off the Irish sea just kept coming and coming! Great you are in the right location.

Posted

We haven't had lying snow on the ground since Dec 2010… Be a bit more generous! Posted Image Posted Image

Posted

Bit of a backward step I'm afraid this morning. Not looking as good for our island. To be expected chasing snow from an easterly. But time for things still to change. It's been tough getting cold this winter so far. Elevation will help mind you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Posted

Poor outlook, but all hope not lost. Still HP programmed to remain to our north. We missed the boat this time,  but the current synoptics are more favourable to sustained cold than they have been so far this winter. Plenty to watch out for in the various NWP...I'm not giving up yet anyway!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Had a surprise flurry or two of snow last night. Didn't expect that, and as bad as this Winter has been, I have actually seen snow in November, December and January, although nothing of any consequence.

Roll on February when the Stratosphere will warm and increase our chances of a decent snow spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting

Woke up to a bit of a dusting. At least a cm if not a little more in places. Was in the clouds for a while there. Brightening up now and the sun is shinning with blue skies.

Posted

It's not a good sign when the metoffice have removed their forecast for cold in the 16-30 day outlook! Very little sign of snow anytime soon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

there was a wee bit of snow on the hills between coleraine and limavady today. it's very cold here tonight with a real hard frost.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I have to admit that i am rapidly losing hope regards to getting any decent cold this winter. Here we are coming up to the midway point and all i have had is one air frost and a slight one at that (-0.4c).

Dont want to be too defeatist but it has to be said this winter just isnt up to much when it comes to cold,i know there are still a number of weeks left but the Atlantic is certainly ruling the roost this winter. My best guess is maybe we will get a half hearted cold snap/spell in feb and that will be our lot.

Posted

No gritting from the road service this morning, black ice all over the north. Road closes, crashes all over the show. Bad morning on the roads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Woke up to a very hard frost this morning. My neighbour couldn't open her car doors lol. Just had a heavy sleet shower there too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

time for a new thread.....link to follow....

new thread here --------------> http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79089-ireland-regional-weather-discussion/

locking this one now