Ireland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ----->

It was so annoying last winter when the SE of NI had over a foot of snow and we had nothing!! The streamers coming in off the Irish sea just kept coming and coming! Great you are in the right location.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a backward step I'm afraid this morning. Not looking as good for our island. To be expected chasing snow from an easterly. But time for things still to change. It's been tough getting cold this winter so far. Elevation will help mind you.

Poor outlook, but all hope not lost. Still HP programmed to remain to our north. We missed the boat this time,  but the current synoptics are more favourable to sustained cold than they have been so far this winter. Plenty to watch out for in the various NWP...I'm not giving up yet anyway!!!

• Like 1

Had a surprise flurry or two of snow last night. Didn't expect that, and as bad as this Winter has been, I have actually seen snow in November, December and January, although nothing of any consequence.

Roll on February when the Stratosphere will warm and increase our chances of a decent snow spell.

Woke up to a bit of a dusting. At least a cm if not a little more in places. Was in the clouds for a while there. Brightening up now and the sun is shinning with blue skies.

I have to admit that i am rapidly losing hope regards to getting any decent cold this winter. Here we are coming up to the midway point and all i have had is one air frost and a slight one at that (-0.4c).

Dont want to be too defeatist but it has to be said this winter just isnt up to much when it comes to cold,i know there are still a number of weeks left but the Atlantic is certainly ruling the roost this winter. My best guess is maybe we will get a half hearted cold snap/spell in feb and that will be our lot.