Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ----->

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

it's early days yet lads don't be throwing the toys out of the pram yet.

• Like 1

Posted

Well the ECM is still onboard so we are not out of the woods yet; ECM is still a bit east of what it is so we want that to come back west so we can get affected by it better. I think perhaps the 18z will come back on board, just wait to see.

They posted this message by the NOAA on the forum about the GFS but I have no idea what it means.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

Oh and I have some good news. The seas have cooled further and it is now 10.6c at Castlerock which is the mean sea temp for this time of the year. Less chance of sleet compared to the last cold spell. 

Posted

hmm i have no idea about local sea temps i probably should considering i'm doing marine science at uni lol.

• Like 1

Posted

Well thats what they are so which is normal for this time of the year. It means less sleet and more lying snow.

Remember the last cold spell was potent but all we got was hail and wet snow. Well that is exactly why; the sea was above average. Think it was about 12.5c actually.

Posted

Hang your head in shame gary1365 its all about manitees with you sea science dudesPosted Image

nah it's all about all the tiny things with unpronounceable names it's marine biology your thinking of they love all the cuddly sea creatures lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Well the models today are not as good as yesterday regarding the possible cold snap later next week,certainly from the gfs. The ecm still hanging in there but the main thrust of the arctic plunge seems to by pass ireland looking at these two charts, definatley not as good as yesterday. Still cold for 2 or 3 days though of course.

Anyway we will see what tomorrow will bring.  Started off nice and clear today but by mid afternoon the cloud was back, this weather is doing my head in and so are the models.

post-6445-0-94433000-1385843389_thumb.pnpost-6445-0-24008800-1385843405_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Posted

i do marine science which combines lots of stuff marine biology, oceanic and atmospheric systems, environmental sciences, geography, mapping underwater and terrestrial topography all that sort of stuff really. 

http://uumarine.weebly.com/

Edited by gary1365
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Metcheck Ronan?? Nah just Nah

Generated by the GFS I believe...Tells you everything you need to know about that model really.... 

C.S

• Like 2

Posted

i do marine science which combines lots of stuff marine biology, oceanic and atmospheric systems, environmental sciences, geography, mapping underwater and terrestrial topography all that sort of stuff really. 

http://uumarine.weebly.com/

Dude fair play puts my hotel and tourism degree in the shade some what!!

Posted

Metcheck Ronan?? Nah just Nah

It was just to state what the GFS is showing today! As far as I'm aware it updates on GFS data every 6 hours. I know things will change again but it was just to emphasise how S H I T today's model outputs wee! No doubt the Pub Run will be on the double vodkas! Lol
  • Like 1