Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ----->

Nick L

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Happy new year to all lets hope with the new year we also get pattern change in our weather in the not too distant future,well its a new yr- new hopes and all that ,lets be optimistic.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Well im no expert on this but this could well lead to a pattern change to much colder weather if it happened further down the line especially the fact that the warming is forecasted to take place on our side of the arctic that is an extra bonus. Of course its only a forecast but forecasting the strat is easier then the trop due to it being more stable. Anyway we will see,

post-6445-0-76858500-1388577218_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Posted

Yep. Got sucked into the strat thread 2 years ago, bloody fascinating stuff! Great to see the warmings forecasted and they are usually way more reliable than the surface pressure forecasts etc.... Whether or not they set up favourable HL blocks for our locality is pure speculation at present, but history shows if the warmings occur as shown, it will more than likely help us with a Greenland high, or something near it... Fingers crossed!!!

And happy new year to you all.

Edited by Rocheydub
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Well im no expert on this but this could well lead to a pattern change to much colder weather if it happened further down the line especially the fact that the warming is forecasted to take place on our side of the arctic that is an extra bonus. Of course its only a forecast but forecasting the strat is easier then the trop due to it being more stable. Anyway we will see,

Happy new year sundog, hopefully winter 2014 is a good one for coldies. more to the present friday doesnt look good, i suspect an amber warning from the meto come tomorrow.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rukm481.gif

then come monday rinse and repeat.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm1201.gif

we really dont need all this wind and rain, weve got enough of a battering already. also the land here in roscommon is waterlogged, river constantly burst its its banks since december 23rd. its a bit worrying. are we heading for another november 2009 scenario?

also I have never seen so many frequent weather warnings in such a short space of time.

lets hope the ecmwf is on the ball as colder weather would be a welcome relief even for the mildies i might add.

Posted

Gawd, here we go again, more wind and rain.

From the MOD thread it does look as if there could be a pattern change around mid Jan. If the strat indicates this, it must be so - that statement might get me banned -Posted Image Doesn't mean snow, necessarily, but at least it would be a change from this constant soaking.

Sorry, forgot - Happy New Year, everyone.

Edited by skywatcher

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

A pattern change in the last hour .. from fresh easterly to fresh westerly , with half an hour of calm in the middle .

It has been a good day for waterproofs .. and only the third day without sun here since October !

May we have enough snow and enough sun for everyone to be happy ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost

Has Smithy got the rest of you banned ????????????? .

Or has Ireland no weather .. I hear elsewhere of floods .. but here I hear nothing 

Posted

Maybe people are just fed up with the wind and rain at this stage,well i know i certainly am. FWIW a better looking run tonite from the pub run.

Posted

Sorry, just domestically busy!

Drove up to Belfast this morning, and back again this evening, a beautiful clear day all day, until just after dark when I passed through Newry, and the heavens opened… Still calm, until about 10 mins ago now… The wind really has picked up!

Posted

Really windy last nite. I would say they have been the strogest gusts here so far this winter.

Yea, i was working last night & thought the front doors were going to blow in!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

atrocious conditions here, just non stop heavy rain and severe gusts. just horrible to be out in.

Posted

Never seen this before: flooding along the Liffey in Dublin due to high tide and storm surge:

http://www.joe.ie/news/current-affairs/pictures-flooding-hits-dublin-as-weather-warning-still-in-effect/

Posted

Just home from visiting the in-laws down in Cromane, Co. Kerry. They live a few hundred yards from the sea front. After the fierce storm last night I was awoken at 5am by shouts as the sea had surrounded the house and was lapping at the front step. As the high tide peaked the house was saved by inches, unlike some of the surrounding properties.

Posted

snow mentioned for Eastern higher parts tomorrow.'-)

BINGO!

Am up early for work too, hoping for the best!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

hmm I'm supposed to be picking my girlfriend up tomorrow from limavady i might have fun heading up there over the glenshane pass i might have to modify my route up but even going through coleraine i'm still driving on high ground. snow tyres going back on the car tomorrow than lol.