Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ----->

Nick L

Posted

And the charts continue to roll out dross for coldies ! Rampant jet showing no signs of giving up yet! Very poor outlook indeed

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

It was a nice bright chilly day here today,max temp 5.0c. Currently clear skies and a chilly 1.3c

Posted

Definitely nicer day weather wise good to get out and about! We didn't get the same storm on the 26th up here, as smithy so politely mentioned but was definitely pretty rough so calm weather welcome!

What's going on with the metoffice 16-30 day forecast predicting much colder weather. Light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Posted

Smithy, it was 70 mph full crosswind, which is no joke and is well beyond the limits of aircraft. Sustained winds touched 40 knots, which is also out of limits, especially for the Ryanairs (737-800s). Add to that a wet runway and these limits drop to even lower.

It had been widely progged that winds would be least severe in the north. Just because you live there doesn't mean that what you get is what everyone else got.

Try actually thinking next time before typing.

Edited by Su Campu

Posted

was up sl beagh today and plenty of snowdrifts still lying from Christmas eve. shows that the weather has been cool enough this week.

• Like 2

Posted

Just as we continue with poor outlook the north east of USA gears up for another snowstorm thurs! Unreal. They have our snow! Lol

Posted

Smithy, it was 70 mph full crosswind, which is no joke and is well beyond the limits of aircraft. Sustained winds touched 40 knots, which is also out of limits, especially for the Ryanairs (737-800s). Add to that a wet runway and these limits drop to even lower.It had been widely progged that winds would be least severe in the north. Just because you live there doesn't mean that what you get is what everyone else got.Try actually thinking next time before typing.

He is no longer here, thank God. Quite stormy again this morning with heavy rain and strong gusts intermittently.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

re Smithy .. we will miss him .. this thread has been more alive because of his presence. I am concerned that people and information are being deleted everywhere I look on the net . As a country I though we tolerated 'wee eejits' rather than eliminating them .. 

Edited by be cause
  • Like 3

Posted

Did he get banned again? Jesus that guy never learns. Posted Image  No doubt he will return in another yr or two under a differant name,but i do agree with be cause.

Posted

There's a thread somewhere where members post their photos. I found it one night when I was doing some insomniac browsing. If that really was his photo he was just a kid. He was OTT sometimes but I liked his enthusiasm and agree with be cause about his making the thread more lively. If he was banned, can we have him back, please? In exchange for some of our snow?

• Like 2

Posted

Did he get banned again? Jesus that guy never learns. Posted Image  No doubt he will return in another yr or two under a differant name,but i do agree with be cause.

Was he banned before? He did provide some controversy on here which to be honest I enjoyed, but it was only a matter of time before he went too far!

Posted

Was he banned before? He did provide some controversy on here which to be honest I enjoyed, but it was only a matter of time before he went too far!

Think this is his third banning. He first called himself Frostyjoe  back in 2010 ,think he was only 14 at that time ,ended up banned,then Kimmirut got banned again and now another banning.  He did liven the place up a bit with his posts but he could be a bit on the rude side.

Edited by sundog
  • Like 1

Posted

At last I now know what Ronan and pomeroy we're talking about when they called him frosty Joe! I thought it was in reference to him being an Irish version of frosty who posts in the model discussion thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

i'm not surprised he got banned but i liked him most of the time and sometimes he really annoyed me lol. what did he say to finally get banned?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost

and then there is the weather .. a bit blowy at the moment but what a beautiful afternoon ! .. I saw 3 black pheasants today .. guess they are this years siblings .. 1 cock and 2 hens . I wish I had the means to film or photo them as they must be quite rare. Does anyone have an old camera phone not in use or the like .. I am a mod device dinosaur .. the average 3 year old is more savvy than me ! If you can help pm me please .. thanks .. annd nite nite ,,,

Edited by be cause

Posted

Was there a squall line last night? Some time during the night I was hanging on to the bedroom window to stop it banging and disintegrating in a gust yet before and after the winds didn't seem that bad.

Posted

and then there is the weather .. a bit blowy at the moment but what a beautiful afternoon ! .. I saw 3 black pheasants today .. guess they are this years siblings .. 1 cock and 2 hens . I wish I had the means to film or photo them as they must be quite rare. Does anyone have an old camera phone not in use or the like .. I am a mod device dinosaur .. the average 3 year old is more savvy than me ! If you can help pm me please .. thanks .. annd nite nite ,,,

There was a black one in my garden last year - green and black to be exact, they are rare but do crop up from time to time

Posted

Frosty banned again!!!

TBH folks he can be a bit secterian at times and has crossed the line more than once, personally speaking the forum can do with out him as he has made decent posters leave our wee forum in the past as a result of his offence posting.

• Like 1

Posted

Was there a squall line last night? Some time during the night I was hanging on to the bedroom window to stop it banging and disintegrating in a gust yet before and after the winds didn't seem that bad.

Was tropical monsoon like rain when i left for work this morning at 0545. Good bit of flooding about.