Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ----->

Nick L

Posted

Colder and frosty now last flurry left the ground white but unfortunately no more showers to seen on radar.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Had a heavy shower of wet snow during the late morning , then sleet showers this evening. It was nice to see the snow falling this morning even though there was no chance of it sticking. Anyway clear atm, temp 1.0c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

We had a few light flurries of snow this evening. It's sticking cars, grass and footpaths. Very light though. Freezing hard now so if you're out and about take care.

Posted

Just noticed one snow shower here today around early to mid-afternoon, didn't stick though.  Road outside now glistening in the moonlight with frost/ice so as said above, take care if out on those roads, could be tricky.  Interesting couple of days coming up with just about everything, and quite possibly the kitchen sink, being thrown at us. Take care all.

Edited by AGOH
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

I've been warning friends in Galway and Mayo that Tuesday looks like a 'stay indoors day 'Posted Image but where ever you are have a safe few days 

Edited by be cause
  • Like 1

Posted

I can't get a handle on the exact detail to be honest. I don't pay too much attention to runs +48 hrs out for detail on this type of scenario, but it has to be said the east coast isn't as exposed to this storm as the north west. Still expect to see Terry Wogan with his hand on his head walking in to midnight mass. 06z runs will firm it all up. Stay safe and fill the bath with water if you are on s pump, get gas for your BBQ just in case, fuel for the car, charge the phone, laptop, get coal in etc. Good luck and I hope you see some great gusts.

• Like 1

Posted

strangely it is completely still here .. long may it remain so !

Posted

A spell of very strong winds will affect Northern Ireland through Tuesday morning. Gusts of 60-70 mph are expected inland with 80 mph gusts possible along the North coast and over high ground. Along with the winds there will be sleet and snow showers these mainly affecting County Derry and County Antrim.

I see the snow chance for this side of the country tonight / tomorrow has decreased on the 06z .

Don't read into that it changes dramatically from run to run. 

Posted

The further west you are the more likely you'll be see snow tonight, will definitely be a proper dumping over the sperrins. I'm starting to worry that holding a birthday/Christmas party tomorrow afternoon isn't a good idea, especially as we'll probably have a power cut!!!

• Like 1

Posted

for lunch .. a light breeze and sunny spells .. and a big bowl of my home made veggy soup !

Edited by be cause

Posted

The further west you are the more likely you'll be see snow tonight, will definitely be a proper dumping over the sperrins. I'm starting to worry that holding a birthday/Christmas party tomorrow afternoon isn't a good idea, especially as we'll probably have a power cut!!!

I reckon we will have snow about 10pm. It looks to cool down to near freezing quite quickly. 

There is still oddly snow on the hills here but it melting rapidly. Have to say this is one of the shortest mild sectors i've seen, 9am it was still 2c and by 9pm it will be 2c again. 

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

I see the snow chance for this side of the country tonight / tomorrow has decreased on the 06z .

Sparky - which side? Can you put a location - however vague - in your profile? It helps everyone.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

god it looks like i could be driving to work tomorrow dinner time in blizzards i'm starting to get really worried about my drive home at 03:00 am xmas morning as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Blizzard conditions at times tomorrow could be a real possibility if its cold enough at low levels in any showers. Certainly looks likey for high ground.

Posted

Blizzard conditions at times tomorrow could be a real possibility if its cold enough at low levels in any showers. Certainly looks likey for high ground.

I think its a case of hopecasting but tonight does look really rough. I will stay up to 3am to see. 

Temps on their way down to 8c from their peak of 10.5c earlier. The lower the better. 

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

A very interesting 24 hours coming up! Could get real nasty. Even if we don't see snow then i'll be happy just being stuck in the middle of a storm and even if the power goes out then i will be happy with a blazing fire, the gas cooker and a good old board game! Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

torrential rain here the last fifteen minutes. wind really getting up. never seen such bonkers weather in the last ten days. copius amounts of rain, heavy snow, damaging storm force winds, ice and frost and then back to storms and snow tonight. quite amazing.

• Like 2