Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ----->

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Just sleet showers here, but a light snow covering on the Galtee from about 200m upward I'd say. Shall take a stroll up there in an hour or two and hopefully get some pics.

• Like 1

Posted

Snowing heavily for the past half hour, we're right on the snow line, wrong side for most of it but lying more the longer it lasts.

Posted

Couple of big snow showers today, its lying but then melts, so no accumulations, does anyone know if its to last all night or will milder temps return by morning?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

A few pics and a video form the Galtees. I didn't go as far as the highest peak as I'm just recovering from some knee and ankle problems, but I did get to see some lying snow and got caught in a brief snow shower!

First patch of lying snow I've seen this Winter... pathetic, I know!

Posted Image

Walking through the forests was nice

Posted Image

A bit more snow and some nice views

Posted Image

This is pretty much how it was at at around 6-700m

Posted ImagePosted Image

A snow shower to top it off

Not a whole lot, but nice to see at least some lying and falling! Hoping for plenty more over the coming months

• Like 7

Posted

The temperature is 0.8c. A heavy snow shower which lasted 90mins has just passed. Temp is down to 0.8c. There is a cm on all surfaces including the road at 150m, I am at 50m so the snowline is very close.

I am hoping this next shower will drop the temp sufficiently for me to get a covering. 

A few pics and a video form the Galtees. I didn't go as far as the highest peak as I'm just recovering from some knee and ankle problems, but I did get to see some lying snow and got caught in a brief snow shower!

First patch of lying snow I've seen this Winter... pathetic, I know!

Posted Image

Walking through the forests was nice

Posted Image

A bit more snow and some nice views

Posted Image

This is pretty much how it was at at around 6-700m

Posted ImagePosted Image

A snow shower to top it off

Not a whole lot, but nice to see at least some lying and falling! Hoping for plenty more over the coming months

Theres more than that here at 200m...

Posted

Couple of big snow showers today, its lying but then melts, so no accumulations, does anyone know if its to last all night or will milder temps return by morning?

The mild uppers will come in at 12pm. The met office have me down for snow at 6am.

So we may just get a dusting it depends. 

Whatever the case it started to stick in the last shower, there is ice/slush on my car and on the deck.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

The showers don't seem to want to pass Lough Neagh. Drat!

or reach the bottom of Tyrone ... yet 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost

Weather2 giving thunder snow again tonight . Also extremely low pressure over the hols .. down to 946 on Boxing day 

Posted

Snow on the tops of the Castlereagh hills today and what might have been a short snow shower at about 6pm (difficult to see from inside a bus but it looked like snow on the windscreen). By the looks of the radar pretty well anywhere could get a shower tonight.