Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ----->

Nick L

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Winds picking up here again now. 

Here too .. keep safe up north .. my weather2 forecast for 9 am tomorrow is thundersnow ! .. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Aww no Ronan, can the dog sleep in the kitchen maybe?

First wheelie bin away, heard it fly down the street! They were only emptied yesterday. Also the first few whistling howls if you know what I mean, haha. 

Posted

Can't really hear anything because I have my music on. Will have to go up and check. A wee bit colder at 5c, but the snow isn't to start till 11pm. Think I might stay up to 2am or so.

Edit: just checked, its just howling. Not really getting the winds that are being described in Donegal.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

We now have wind -Posted Image It was beginning to feel like a party to which I hadn't been invited. However, there's now a satisfactory howling outside and it's not a dog.

• Like 2

Posted

Was at Beltra beach (Co.Mayo) @ bout 6pm, was fairly quiet, but suddenly the wind picked up,( probably funnelled down from Croagh Patrick) and thought my car was gonna be blown into the sea! very scary! had a real adrenaline rush!Posted Image

Posted

What wind?????That's a good link! Tks.

In case you missed it, you can rotate and zoom in etc.  You can also change the time of day, hPa level, etc.  Just click on the Japanese writting in the bottom left corner and select english and it should become clearer what it all does.

Posted

Snow starts at midnight. Met office have no warnings not sure why because NAE and most other models have us down for lying snow - NAE is usually pretty accurate as-well. I don't know if I will see lying snow it depends but surely they should have a warning. 

This is what the models are showing.  Once again Coleraine mountain prime culprit. WOOP WOOP Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Temps are dropping with 5.2c being reported in nearby Ballyvenox. 

post-15021-0-57594100-1387401423_thumb.p

post-15021-0-51962500-1387401427_thumb.p

post-15021-0-21203600-1387401431_thumb.p

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

No definitely picking here! Lights are flickering I'll be devastated if power goes off and I can't follow how everyone is coping-

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Wee sapling tree has broken in half in my garden and the lid of my blue has been blown off. I've noticed the wind is definitely louder round the back of my house. It's still a wee bit away yet for the peak yet isn't it?

Posted

Maximum sustained winds at Mace Head this evening were 32 m/s (62 kts/72 mph). Gust 40 m/s (78 kts/90 mph).

03963 164// /2530 10073 20049 39673 49700 57040 60142 87/// 333 10110 87/17 90710 91140 91232=

post-18939-0-35228900-1387402939_thumb.p

• Like 2