Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ----->

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Wow major cool down this evening compared to earlier today

Yup, dropped 5C since 3pm! It was great to feel that Winter chill again this evening

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Certainly cooling down today as the day went on,It was around 12c this morning here ,current temp 4.6c.

Edited by sundog

Posted

Wore shorts cycling to work this morning… BAD IDEA!!! The feeling is just coming back into my hands and feet… There may be a clank of my liathroids dropping back down in a few hours!

• Like 1

Posted

Hi be cause and everyone. No sir you don't put me off from commenting and I enjoy reading forecasts here like. Newbie reporting in Posted Image .

Aha, another Belfaster. There are a cluster of us around Castlereagh if you're in that area.

Wore shorts cycling to work this morning… BAD IDEA!!! The feeling is just coming back into my hands and feet… There may be a clank of my liathroids dropping back down in a few hours!

Too much information!
  • Like 3

Posted

Ive noticed a fair few shooting stars out tonight ,went out for a quick smoke and must have seen 5 or 6 in that time,noticed a few earlier aswell.

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

After early rain this morning would have passed as the start of a good May day ! Late afternoon a squally shower brought a chill to the air and it is a whole lot cooler in my mobile home than the last few . Feels like winter has popped back . Now to see what the Atlantic conveyor is bringing us ... 

Enjoy your weather whatever it is !

Off out myself for a look up ...

Posted

Thats one hell of a storm showing up on tonights gfs for next thursday,6 days away of course but with the Atlantic getting fired up the possibility of a big storm cant be ruled out in the not too distant future imo.

post-6445-0-93294700-1386976883_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!

Ive noticed a fair few shooting stars out tonight ,went out for a quick smoke and must have seen 5 or 6 in that time,noticed a few earlier aswell.

I seen a few aswell! One of them was very large and bright it had a long trail and turned bluey just before it disappeared!

Posted

Some serious storms showing up on the NWP now for next Wednesday/Thursday. One to watch. Potentially disruptive if it comes off and tracks near us...

Posted

I seen a few aswell! One of them was very large and bright it had a long trail and turned bluey just before it disappeared!

It was the Geminid meteor shower thats what it was last night,had a feeling it must have been some kind of meteor shower due to the amount i was seeing.

Posted

Certainly at the 5000ft level, the ECM ens are suggesting below average values for Ireland and most of UK. around Christmas.

Posted Image

Boxing Day Temp anomaly

as we progress towards January, the colder than average conditions persist, tho no significant cold is shown as yet.

Posted Image

Dec 29

Edited by draztik

Posted

Rather wild outside atm, some strong gusts,wet ,temp 10.2c.

Posted

Indicates what most expect - that polar maritime west/north westerlies are here to stay for a good while yet. Not all bad as it can bring snow at times. Not spectacular but it's something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

The wind sounds great here today. Makes a welcome change from the boring weather of the last few weeks.

• Like 1

Posted

I have to agree with pom calm days up here are few and far between, possibly we should swap places!!

• Like 1

Posted

Now that we have not had snow for ages it is kinda hard to imagine what snow is like.

Weird. 2010 seems a long long long time ago now. Sigh

Thursday is looking good for snow but as we all know by now, it will be a sleety wash out

Actually I think we should get a timemachine and fast forward to summer because this is just bullsuper duper. So boring, I admire the optimism of the model output posters but its getting long drawn now. 15c on thursday, I mean COME ON!! Nonsense!

I think this may well be one of the rare winters where we see no lying snow.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

if it snows on the north coast after i go home on tuesday and doesn't snow in bangor i'll be very angry lol