Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ----->

Nick L

Posted

Hopefully another couple of days before the weather turns as i'm off work tomorrow.

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

From what I've seen we may get a few more seasonal days temp wise over the next. 10 days but the main model forum seems to be ignoring us only focusing on the S of England ?

I commented on it earlier .. had it removed ,,lol 

Posted

Looks like Accuweather are trying to cover every possibility for Christmas day Posted ImagePosted Image2013-12-12%2008.53.55.jpg

lol four seasons in one day jamesd.

a mild day but awful grey and damp - worst weather type ever!!!

I commented on it earlier .. had it removed ,,lol 

Where did you post it??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Guys! Just checked my thermometer and its 15c out! Surely thats a record?

Doubt it. The Malin Head record is 16.8C for December, and that's quite close to you.

http://www.met.ie/climate-ireland/extreme_maxtemps.pdf

Posted

Doubt it. The Malin Head record is 16.8C for December, and that's quite close to you.

http://www.met.ie/climate-ireland/extreme_maxtemps.pdf

Still 15c even here in December is absolutely rediculous. It's cloudy aswell, I did not realise we were capable of this heat up here.

Posted

Could someone please explain to me why the gfs is predicting such low maximum temperatures on Monday and Tuesday when the uppers aren't very cold at all? Is there going to be an inversion? 

post-15021-0-31924600-1386886428_thumb.p

post-15021-0-10647700-1386886435_thumb.p

post-15021-0-77398300-1386886439_thumb.p

post-15021-0-24342400-1386886444_thumb.p

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Max temp here today 14.2c,currently 13.3c,feels kind of weird for the time of yr. This morning in any sunshine it almost felt like a summers morning,well kind of.

Maybe just as well for me anyway as my heating is on the blink lol.

• Like 1

Posted

lol four seasons in one day jamesd.

a mild day but awful grey and damp - worst weather type ever!!!

Where did you post it??

Hi .I posted on the model thread .It has been full of moans about the weather for weeks .. so I followed a comment about hating this  stagnant weather and looking forward to it's end ... with this .. ''I for one am loving this 'stagnant weather'  I have seen the sun shine on 41 of the last 42 days ! ''

Does that merit removal ? in the few minutes it was up it even had 4 likes !  I still have them yet the post that earned them has disappeared without trace . Including in my 'liked post' records ...  

Just thought I'd check .. and I have lost other 'liked' posts .. another 10 'likes' are not attached to recorded posts .. some moderators are really mean !

Anyway I have a ridiculously busy nest of wasps 10 yards from my door .. I was clearing leaves when I heard a buzz .. then another  .. then saw a jam of them heading into the undergrowth  I was counting @ 100 a minute arriving in .. toward dusk on a not very warm Tuesday evening .. should the workers not be dead and the queens in hibernation .. 

Oh .. Pomeroysnow .. you asked what I posted in the summer   .  I wished all Orange men and everyone of every other colour and sex a happy holiday . Removing it and declaring it offensive seems to have been the Watcher's last action .. 

and welcome Cian Donaghy .. please don't let me put you off posting !

• Like 3

Posted

Hi .I posted on the model thread .It has been full of moans about the weather for weeks .. so I followed a comment about hating this  stagnant weather and looking forward to it's end ... with this .. ''I for one am loving this 'stagnant weather'  I have seen the sun shine on 41 of the last 42 days ! ''

Does that merit removal ? in the few minutes it was up it even had 4 likes !  I still have them yet the post that earned them has disappeared without trace . Including in my 'liked post' records ...  

Just thought I'd check .. and I have lost other 'liked' posts .. another 10 'likes' are not attached to recorded posts .. some moderators are really mean !

Anyway I have a ridiculously busy nest of wasps 10 yards from my door .. I was clearing leaves when I heard a buzz .. then another  .. then saw a jam of them heading into the undergrowth  I was counting @ 100 a minute arriving in .. toward dusk on a not very warm Tuesday evening .. should the workers not be dead and the queens in hibernation .. 

Oh .. Pomeroysnow .. you asked what I posted in the summer   .  I wished all Orange men and everyone of every other colour and sex a happy holiday . Removing it and declaring it offensive seems to have been the Watcher's last action .. 

and welcome Cian Donaghy .. please don't let me put you off posting !

See if you had of posted, models show there to be weather in the future it wouldhave been alright Posted Image

I know why your post got pulled you mentioned seeeeexxxxxx = there is no room for that sort of thing on these models Posted Image

Does anyone know where Watcher went too - hopefully he is okayPosted Image

Posted

Speaking as someone who has an extreme reaction to wasps, be cause's post is downright scary. I thought I was safe once October had come and gone and that windows could be opened without screens over them. I shall dig out from the garage, where it was put away for the winter, a wonderful spray bought in France. It is such a powerful wasp killer that they veer away when it's put out on the garden table with the lid off, without actually being used - seen this time and time again. Heaven only knows what's in it.

Is anyone interested in the upcoming Chinese moon landing? If so, try this link: www.cctv.cn then go to English and then to Space. There's some marvellous video footage.

Batten down the hatches for the weekend.

• Like 1

Posted

Speaking as someone who has an extreme reaction to wasps, be cause's post is downright scary. I thought I was safe once October had come and gone and that windows could be opened without screens over them. I shall dig out from the garage, where it was put away for the winter, a wonderful spray bought in France. It is such a powerful wasp killer that they veer away when it's put out on the garden table with the lid off, without actually being used - seen this time and time again. Heaven only knows what's in it.Is anyone interested in the upcoming Chinese moon landing? If so, try this link: www.cctv.cn then go to English and then to Space. There's some marvellous video footage.Batten down the hatches for the weekend.

so you have the same reaction to wasps as I have to moderators  .. can I try your spray ???  Anyway the wasps main diet now is ivy flower not barbacued people ..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

With a max of 13.7C and a min of 11.6C, yesterday was the warmest day since October 25th here!

This month is currently running 5.4C warmer than November...

Posted

Just arrived in boston for four nights with the other half! Cold!!!! Snowstorm incoming they say! Good timing on my behalf. U guys Njoy the windstorm back home. Be safe !