Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Netweather Winter Forecast 2013

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow

Can't stand all this long range forecasting rubbish, it's a load of tosh, so many times forecasts have gone completely wrong. Stick to models five days out then see what happens. The weather will do what it will do.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Just read the winter outlook update sounds like a very bog standard winter overall thank you for the hard work that's gone into. And one good thing it's not looking great for a certain James madden sorry couldn't resist lol

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Its not terrible at all, look at the height profiles, I thought about roughly the same wrt temperature anomalies at first but maybe a bit better now, very dependent on an SSW of course but if one does occur, given the fact that the opening gambits of winter are likely to be just below average, I am more optimistic of Dec/Jan/Feb CET of more than 1c below average now, Is its chionomaniac doing the forecast?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Can't stand all this long range forecasting rubbish, it's a load of tosh, so many times forecasts have gone completely wrong. Stick to models five days out then see what happens. The weather will do what it will do.

All right, calm down. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Good forecast. Looks like a decent winter, cold to colder than average with possible snow chances. I'll take that. As long as it's cool/cold I'm happy. I'm sure we have some surprises in store.

• Like 2

Posted

What are you doing in here then. Posted Image

Good work, a lot of time and effort gone into the forecast - for that, many thanks. Posted Image

• Like 9

Posted

Many thanks for the time and effort put into this forecast,right or wrong,people do not have to be so damning about it?

• Like 4

Posted

Great effort Ed and the greatest compliment I could pay you is that technically it's on par with anything I've seen posted by GP. Of course as a coldie I hope your forecast is wrong as it's not severe enough, but good luck all the same.

Edited by Sceptical Inquirer
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Thanks very much to Mr O'Toole and anyone else involved in this.

All of the key teleconnections and influential phenomena, so often talked about and advocated in isolation on the forums, are presented in a concise and digestible manner.

I'm just hope one day we'll understand how to weight their significance and interaction! 

Edit: no sarcasm in the above, just a whimsical aspiration of weather forecasting. 

Edited by Jimmy0127
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

" as the increased meridional patterns that we have witnessed over the last five years are likely to act as a trigger for stratospheric warming"

Music to my cold & frosty ears Posted Image .Great Winter Forecast Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Maybe this thread should be pinned :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Yep, seasonal forecasts are notouriously  hard to forecast, but Fairplay to the forecast!! A below average temperature will provide lots of snowfall across the Uk...Anyway looking forward to the Winter and with all that its got too offer!!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

as much as I admire and respect the time, effort and intelligence that went into such a piece of work..... I may still take sly glances at the cover of the Daily Express and sigh in what might have been Posted Image !  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Congratulations Ed, that was a thoroughly good read, whilst having my evening meal. Very well presented and informative without being too technical.

Its pretty much what I expected from you, after following your posts on the Stratosphere thread and I wish you the very best of luck with it. Can I put in an order now for option 2 for February, with plenty of cold and snow from the east!

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

I think Chion that the Earth is cooling hard to tell ,but recent info shows that will happenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted

Whether its a good forecast or not know-one knows, but its certainly well put together and very well explained...I even understand the Techie version!

Edited by KTtom
  • Like 2

Posted

Thanks Chino.  Very well explained without being overly complicated.  I had a feeling that you would be doing the Winter forecast this year!  Anyway, although obviously I hope it turns out colder than forecast, if it does end up close to the mark (providing the 2nd option for February comes off!) I will be satisfied.  Like I said earlier, had this forecast been given 5 years ago, I think we would all have been very happy!

• Like 2