Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 25/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=0&ech=204

The 00z run still keeping the cold theme going this morning. :-)

Has anyone got the phone number for weather charts anonymous :-)

Blimey JP,Don't you sleep mate...Must be something in the Air. Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Blimey JP,Don't you sleep mate...Must be something in the Air. Posted Image

Must be the weather...

...been up a while my self now, good week off this is turning out to be Posted Image

could not sleep and gave up trying (my own fault for trying that early night thing, knew it would backfire)

In other news seen 0.0oC on the remote temp sensor for the first time this season.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning jason and jax

One of those nights tonight

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_London_ens.png?6767676767

Gfs ensembles still got that drop on the 4th

Long way to go but good to see

Gonna try to get some kip

Talk later

John :-)

• Like 2

Posted

Morning jason and jax

One of those nights tonight

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_London_ens.png?6767676767

Gfs ensembles still got that drop on the 4th

Long way to go but good to see

Gonna try to get some kip

Talk later

John :-)

Enjoy the kip if you can get it Posted Image ( I will stay up now and watch the bbc news ) just retuned the tv and pvr and without changing anything it has regained the 100+ channels lost last year (go figure that one out!)

Enjoy the kip if you can get it Posted Image ( I will stay up now and watch the bbc news ) just retuned the tv and pvr and without changing anything it has regained the 100+ channels lost last year (go figure that one out!)

Hi Jax,

Not sure if this is the reason why as there have been some changes this morning, I have just copied this from work.

A series of changes are planned for Tuesday 26th November:

• Estuary TV launches (new local TV channel in Hull, Grimsby and Sbad wordhorpe)
  • The BBC One English region services are changing their regional service names, (eg "BBC One" in London becomes "BBC One Lon" )
  • The launch of CBBC HD, BBC Four HD and BBC News HD on specific transmitters
  • ITV3+1 is moving LCN to 34
  • BBC RB 303 HD has been removed

Below zero here at-0.4

• Like 1

Posted

Hi Jax,

Not sure if this is the reason why as there have been some changes this morning, I have just copied this from work.

A series of changes are planned for Tuesday 26th November:

• Estuary TV launches (new local TV channel in Hull, Grimsby and Sprunehorpe)
  • The BBC One English region services are changing their regional service names, (eg "BBC One" in London becomes "BBC One Lon" )
  • The launch of CBBC HD, BBC Four HD and BBC News HD on specific transmitters
  • ITV3+1 is moving LCN to 34
  • BBC RB 303 HD has been removed

Below zero here at-0.4

Hi Chris

That may explain it, and some recent changes have been made here as I noticed Film 4 on the old PVR had moved again (it is the only device I can get that channel on) think it used to be 10 and now on 15 IIRC.

Still a nippy 0.0oC here and in no hurry to go out and try it (but may make today the day I go to Harrold & Odell Country Park)

Posted

Morning everyone another early bird here, can never lie in, once I'm awake that's it, up I get. Another day of designing and meetings, getting boring, been a year reorganising the company, wish it would finish, think we got another 6 months at least still to go. Most my design problems from the weekend have been resolved and just watched a unofficial version of a new tv commercial for Morrison about their new internet delivery service and one of my vans is shown in it, mind you don't blink or you'll miss it and to be fair it hasn't been shown yet, so it will probably get cut, must have a word a he should have cleaned it, exciting or what?

Off to football tonight so pleased to se that John reckons it ain't going to be to cold tonight, its a rearranged game that was abandoned just after half time due to the ball floating away. Interesting rumours going around the Internet last night and this morning that my beloved Charlton are to be taken over, if the name suggested is right, have a tenner on us winning the premiership by 2024, if it ain't have a bet that we will the conference by then :-). If true also it look like a new home next to the dome might be on the cards, be sad after the fight to get back to the valley.

Right this is the weather bit, looks boringly dull out, can't see any signs of frost or wind either.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Morning everyone.

It's a chilly -1.6 here in East Sussex and the sky looks like the cover of the Eagles Hotel California album (sky lemon on the horizon shading to dark blue above, with the trees silhouetted in black) for those of us who are old enough to remember what an album cover looks like!

Looks like it will be a nice early winter's day here.

Looking at JPs charts, keeping fingers crossed for some interesting weather in December.

Have a good day whatever you are up to.

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all,

I thought I might be one of the first posting but you early birds beat me to it.

Moderating influence of the North sea showing at home (3.3C) so no frost.

I'm travelling as part of my work, so colder here (Weybridge) than at home.

Posted

Morning all!

It's a lovely 1.1c here this morning and it's brightening up outside.

I didn't have a very good night last night either.  Up to the big smoke today to take daughter for her pre-med at the Royal Orthapaedic Hospital. Once that's over, I'll be tired as hell. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all!

Morning CM, morning all.

Good luck in the big Metropolis and hope it all goes well.

0°C on the drive this morning and up as far as 3°C through East and West Sussex. A lovely crisp, clean and clear start with a big fat, high pressure sunrise a few moments ago:

On the whole not a bad start to a late November morning. :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

Latest Daily Express headline:

''Britain in normal weather shock!

Britain faces possibly months of excessively normal weather with damp, rain, wind, air and worst of, all some 'brrrrr'. Forecasters say that this year could be the worst case of normal weather for years with record levels of normal. The Government has issued guidelines to cope with the normal weather - a recent statement contained dire warnings such as 'wear a jumper', 'hot soup' and 'I left my gloves at home, damn'. A Netweather spokesman was quoted as saying 'I dont know who you are, stop touching me!'.

A helpline has been set up after a spate of early nights and unbroken sleep for forecasting model watchers lead to unexpected friendliness and co-operation on internet weather sites. An anonymous model thread member was overheard saying ' I dont know whats going on! My acne has cleared up and I no longer shout at my mum!'.

This outbreak of normal weather is expected to last well into next year leading to further warnings of excessive boredom - those affected have been advised to to seek out other interests such as washing, those of the opposite (or same) sex, cycling and vigorous exercise.

The MetOffice declined to comment but the Express believes that an upcoming press statement contains the words 'normal conditions.''

• Like 8

Posted

Dropped to -0.5oC a while ago since the light arrived it rose to -0.3oC and now I can see just how white and frosty out it is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all, definately chilly out there. Loving the Ramps JP.

On a seperate not I would like to say NOOOOOOOOOOOO. They have killed Brian!!?? (any of you watch Familly guy? )

Really quite sad considering he is a drawing....

Have a good un Y'all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Just come in from walking the dog and it was certainly fresh out there! Nice and bright though, and the temp. Has risen to a balmy 1!

Hope your daughter's op goes ok Chilly Milly - it's always a tiring experience when your children have to go through something like that.

Will be thinking of you both.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all, nice start to the day, like yesterday in fact. 

We seem to have found a stray cat, well one who seems to think we are it's new home, so will probably call out the cat rescue centre or something like that if he comes back again. Lovely little thing, came running into the house and sat on my lap.

On another note, this avatar will remain until we get snow Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

I can see (and feel) why there were so many gritters out in MK last night, a sub zero night with a thick frost here - still zero degrees now !

Deffo an UGG boot day when I eventually venture out....might even look out my thermal vest as well Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

Still quite frosty out, keeping an eye on it out the window and just waiting for it to thaw on the car to save me doing it so I can consider going out a bit later (but have since garnered some other jobs about the house that need doing) so may go out later in the week (when it is a bit milder).

Sunny out and 1.9oC now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Morning all, still no frost for me yet this season :(

And I was out there at 6:50am like every morning, so can't of had one here still.

So is 5th of december looking like the start of our first possible snow for the snow depth cup? I hope so :)

Posted

Morning all, still no frost for me yet this season Posted Image

And I was out there at 6:50am like every morning, so can't of had one here still.

So is 5th of december looking like the start of our first possible snow for the snow depth cup? I hope so Posted Image

Morning Rob.

Only a few miles along the coast from you and we had one!

5th December is too far away for that level of forecast but it does seem to start getting colder again around then according to GFS:

Posted Image

Posted

Finished running the vacuum round and even done some sewing repairs to the pockets on a pair of jeans, rock and roll lifestyle that I lead eh?

Just nipped out to the bin to get rid of some rubbish and it is rather nippy out, frost has gone where the sun has reached but still white in the shady nooks.

2.5oC now but the sunshine is starting to wane now as the cloud moves in.

Posted

Morning all, nice start to the day, like yesterday in fact. 

We seem to have found a stray cat, well one who seems to think we are it's new home, so will probably call out the cat rescue centre or something like that if he comes back again. Lovely little thing, came running into the house and sat on my lap.

On another note, this avatar will remain until we get snow Posted Image

Have a local cat here that likes to "pop in" now and again, I think it belongs to the lass two doors up.

Love the avatar Posted Image

Morning all,

I can see (and feel) why there were so many gritters out in MK last night, a sub zero night with a thick frost here - still zero degrees now !

Deffo an UGG boot day when I eventually venture out....might even look out my thermal vest as well Posted Image

Still not ventured out here, might do in a while, decided to clean a bit more of the house instead. 

Just looked out (more to see what the racket was outside) and noticed the frost has now all gone, along with the sun though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Morning Rob.

Only a few miles along the coast from you and we had one!

Funny thing was as I left Peacehaven where I live at 96 MASL with no frost, and dropped down in to Newhaven by the river just above sea level I noticed they had a frost on paths and cars, so thats within a mile or 2 as the crow flys.

I've got a good feeling about 5th December being the start of a snow fest lol :)