Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 25/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Here we go again in the model thread..

Prepare for the worst, believe in the best.

Posted Image

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Afternoon all

CFS time

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hello there, there is precipitation there and the 850's are around -8C on the big day and boxing day

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Then

Posted Image

Battleground situation Posted Image

Persistent snow

Before the Atlantic wins

Precipitation - (0) - Dry to start, then showers and then heavy rain/sleet/snow

Temperatures - (-2) - Frigid over the Christmas period, recovering to near average by new year. Ice days possible.

Not bad Posted Image

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 4

Posted

Afternoon all

Battleground situation Posted Image

Blimey Matt, that's so far off in FI I'm having to use optical enhancement to see it! Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Coast
  • Like 2

Posted

Oh really sad news Ian, terrible loss of a dear relative by your own description and not something you can forget easily. Best wishes from me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Yes, commiserations from me too. :(

Posted

Has something weird happened with the quoted posts format? Posted Image I never know whether or not it's down to my pc.

Edit

Seems to be okay again. I'm putting it down to my pc

The whole forums wouldn't display properly for me last night in Chrome, yet IE worked fine. Today, both are fine....

Posted

So sorry to hear that BJ, pets are family members and it is heart-breaking when they go; brought a tear to my eye. Thoughts are with you all.

Posted

Hello all,

dark and dismal day today and a very sad one for me as our beautiful little westie ‘Pepper’ was put to sleep.

i am so sorry to hear this, having had various cats and birds both pass on naturally and put to sleep at the vets i know how hard it is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

I am so sorry to hear that BJ. Our pets form so much of our family lives and become part of who we are as a family. I know mine do and I feel so sad for you.

Pepper was lucky to have such a loving family.

Kind thoughts to you and all your family at this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

So long Pepper.Posted Image

So sorry to hear this Ian. We know our much loved pets aren't forever, but they give so much to us unconditionally and are a big loss when they have gone. Best wishes, Tams x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss BJ, losing a family pet is always hard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Sorry to hear your sad news Bjkent. I remember when we had to have our dog put to sleep, it was so sad. My thoughts are with you and the family mate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Strange how some cope with it better than others (this is not a dig) I just plod on and do seasonal activities (more out in the summer, more in the winter) must admit that moving the table to the spare room by the window for artwork was a fine move for me as it is S and W facing so gets the light in the second half of the day.

I used to really suffer every Winter in my teens, fine in my twenties and now I'm suffering in my thirties. My sleep cycle is screwed & I feel miserable. its so annoying as I'm a very happy person and it bothers me when I have no 'zing'. I love being out in the cold Winter air, the smell is fantastic, I think its just the lack of light that really plays havoc with my emotions and internal clock. I found a lamp today anyway and rekon its worth a go. Either that or some Snow as that would definitely make me feel better :) 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

BJK(Ian) so so sorry to hear of your loss, My thoughts are with you and your family at the loss of an important family member.

Posted

BJK, sorry to hear the news of Pepper, you can look back on a happy life for him, and a happy life with him for you and your family.

AS

• Like 1

Posted

joints ache today, weather is  a major player in that I feel (hugging the heater as dinner cooks)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Really sorry to hear your news Ian, that must have been a really tough decision for you to make.

Very best wishes to the family as well and take comfort from all the wonderful memories you have of her.

Tom.

Posted

I used to really suffer every Winter in my teens, fine in my twenties and now I'm suffering in my thirties. My sleep cycle is screwed & I feel miserable. its so annoying as I'm a very happy person and it bothers me when I have no 'zing'. I love being out in the cold Winter air, the smell is fantastic, I think its just the lack of light that really plays havoc with my emotions and internal clock. I found a lamp today anyway and rekon its worth a go. Either that or some Snow as that would definitely make me feel better Posted Image

do you work shifts?

Posted

Sorry to hear about your loss BJ. I know the pain felt when you lose a much loved pet.

I'm not quite sure how to best describe todays 'weather', it was that non-descript. Mostly cloudy, mild and and just plain boring. It probably says more about me than the weather !Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

I used to really suffer every Winter in my teens, fine in my twenties and now I'm suffering in my thirties. My sleep cycle is screwed & I feel miserable. its so annoying as I'm a very happy person and it bothers me when I have no 'zing'. I love being out in the cold Winter air, the smell is fantastic, I think its just the lack of light that really plays havoc with my emotions and internal clock. I found a lamp today anyway and rekon its worth a go. Either that or some Snow as that would definitely make me feel better :)

I too suffer with SAD Tilly, it can be quite debilitating.... i got a lamp that slowly brightens in the morning to help with waking up instead of a harsh alarm in the dark! If it wasn't for the excitement of Christmas and potential snow events I cud quite happily hybernate!! High dose Vit D supps a must too!Sorry to hear about Pepper BJ, so sad xxx
  • Like 1