Sign in to follow this  
Summer Sun

Xbox One and PS4 launches

Which console are you buying  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which console are you buying

• Xbox one
    • PS4

Anyone here buying the Xbox One or PS4 over the next 9 days?

I have the PS4 on pre order at Game for the 2nd phase guaranteed before Christmas but no date yet

Not over the next 9 days, I'll get the PS4 probably January or when it gets a bit cheaper whenever that will be, quite happy with my Xbox 360 atm.

I'm actually looking at the Wii-U as they finally have some titles that they should have had a year ago lined up, plus a hell of a lot cheaper and I already have the Wii anyway.

Ordered the PS4 when it got announced.

Both inferior to my PC, therefore largely pointless unless i really want an exclusive game.

PS4 was launched here a week ago...Xbox tomorrow..my son has been saving for the PS4 and will get one in January when we return from Xmas in the UK.

The PS4 will launch with the following apps in the UK

BBC Iplayer

BBC Sport

Demand 5

IGN

More apps maybe confirmed over the next week before it launches on November 29th

Xbox One was released today in the UK and in a weeks time so will the PS4.

Amazon are out of stock on the Xbox One now, no estimate when it will be back in stock

Game only have 3 bundles left with the cheapest starting at £644.93, I would think most if not all stores are out of stock as well other than the most expensive bundles

Edited by Summer Sun

Reports of high failure rate from stuck turn on screen from motorbike nosie when you put a disk in and the disk when its stuck there forever.All on xbox failure..

(XBOX ONE)

Got the xbox one and love it. No problems at all so far.

Xbox One 'Bricked' By Update, Users Claim

Angry Xbox One users have reported technical problems that have prevented them from using their brand new consoles. Some gamers say their machines have been "bricked" - rendered useless by a fault - after downloading a day one update. A number of users have taken to social networks to complain directly to Microsoft or post screenshots and videos of the issues they have had. The £429 Xbox One had been on sale in the UK for a few hours when the first complaints emerged. Ryan Cage sent a series of tweets to Xbox support staff and said: "@Xbox found a way to turn a life-long fan into an inraged dissenter. All I needed was one bricked #XboxOne and zero actual support." Another Twitter user messaged the @Xbox account to say: "no fun when your day one console bricked!" Eager gamers queued for hours to get their hands on the console, which is expected to go head-to-head in a Christmas sales battle with PlayStation 4 after the Sony machine gets a UK release on November 29.

In some cases, those reporting the update issue have been faced with an E100 error message, which does not seem to have an easy fix. Microsoft's Xbox troubleshooting internet site suggests that the only way to remedy the E100 issue is to send the console back to the company for repair. Other users say they have found themselves stuck between messages telling them "It's time to update" and "There was a problem with the update". Some Xbox owners have indicated that they have been able to get past the second problem and it is not clear how widespread the technical issues are. Sony has faced complaints of "bricking" with early release PS4s, although Reddit users reportedly found a fix for the problem.

Sky News has contacted Microsoft for a response.

http://news.sky.com/story/1172485/xbox-one-bricked-by-update-users-claim

PS4 launch apps revealed

• BBC iPlayer
  • BBC Sport
  • BBC News
  • Netflix
  • LoveFilm
  • Music Unlimited
  • Video Unlimited
  • Vidzone
  • Demand 5
  • IGN
Edited by Summer Sun

How much! Posted Image

That includes 4 games which are around £55 each 4 x 55 = £220 console on its own is £349 so with the starter pack its doesn't seem too bad if you were planning on buying 4 games of course

All I am getting is the PS4, Fifa 14 and a controller

Edited by Summer Sun

That includes 4 games which are around £55 each 4 x 55 = £220 console on its own is £349 so with the starter pack its doesn't seem too bad if you were planning on buying 4 games

Oh how I miss mastertronic, games for £1.99.

Oh how I miss mastertronic, games for £1.99.

Yeah they've certainly gone up in recent years

I used to be a big gaming fan ( to be honest I still am ) but cost these days really holds me back.  I do continue to be a retro gamer any way I can.  Still would like a Wii-U as it is cheaper and some games on there I can play ( not really into the FPS stuff but I did enjoy Doom and similar games on the Amiga in the day )

Less than 2 hours of going on sale the last bundle on sale has now sold out