Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 19/11/2013 --->

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

My weather app on iphone says its going to be sunny and top temperature 2C. Posted Image

looks like its gonna be a very harsh frost friday night. temps may drop to -3 in the urban areas while the countryside it may drop to -5 to -7, maybe abit lower if the snow is on the ground.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not expecting anything much here other than cold winds and sun.

Slightly too far north and much too far towards the east for the expected set up so not getting over excited but for those in the firing line; good luck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Not expecting anything much here other than cold winds and sun.Slightly too far north and much too far towards the east for the expected set up so not getting over excited but for those in the firing line; good luck.

Is anyone in the NW in the firing line though?

C.S

Posted

Is anyone in the NW in the firing line though?

C.S

I think the trend is to push the 'blast' East and I would be surprised now if any of us see anything. Disappointing and the only saving grace is that conventional zonality MAY be avoided for the next 10 days.

Edited by Ian Brown

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I rather pick cold and frosty anyday over the mild and cloudy muck. I'm  pretty sure only 2C above freezing on Friday and Saturday will do fine. I'm happy with this setup. Posted Image Any cold will do for me.

The weather do what it wants to do.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I rather pick cold and frosty anyday over the mild and cloudy muck.

yeah, GFS though main model I think, doesn't really show that, but not dreaded zonal either just inbetween

still think GFS has handled the northerly better than ecmwf,

Posted

Super confused! Everday I look at the forecasting forum it's either blizzards one comment then mild the next! So think I Am just going to come back weds and see where we are upto! :)

• Like 3

Posted

Too many people with too many agendas and letting their personalities getting the better of them in model thread.... Every year toys get thrown out of prams.... Its the weather, we are in the uk.... People should enjoy what we get thrown at us.... Next week will feel more festive.... If we get snow its a bonus before xmas.... We have been spoilt over the last four winters thats for sure....

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted

slightly better 18z

PPN Charts show snow into parts of the region Thurs evening probably just another GFS variation

C.S

just to add the 18z gives aprox 24hrs opportunity to see some snow showers before the high edges back in

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted

Gfs 18z going for 15cm snow here from thurs afternoon.... I know its gfs which is five days out and precip charts are notoriously bad this far out..... But with height and evaporative cooling possibly anything upto 5cm would be a positive..... If precip can maintain any intensity this far south.....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Super confused! Everday I look at the forecasting forum it's either blizzards one comment then mild the next! So think I Am just going to come back weds and see where we are upto! Posted Image

Lets hope we are doing the honours again soon, not sure we will be but lets hope, nothing set in stone yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Just found this on the web. An interesting read. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding

I'd love to be able to do that. "There's not enough snow here"; well i'll just fire a rocket into that cumulus and there will be. Would be sooo amazing! 

Posted

Super confused! Everday I look at the forecasting forum it's either blizzards one comment then mild the next! So think I Am just going to come back weds and see where we are upto! Posted Image

I'm afraid the same thing happens every year in the MO thread. There's no happy medium. There are a few balanced posters, but their posts and opinions soon get lost in the constant cold vs mild battle that goes on. I have tried over the past few year to make my own mind up, and add it to the opinions of the more balanced posters on here.  There are some good folk who post on here, it is just a shame the posts get lost in the ether during the winter.  

Posted

well the GFS and Ecm still want to bring some snow showers through the Cheshire Gap Thu night/Fri morning

Even the update here on NW suggest the possibility as ever we will wait and see,Going to be a blink and miss affair

though,which is a shame as this snap had much more potential

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

Sorry guys but i think this is my fault. I told the wife that we would get snow and then the charts changed. Its happened every time i tell her. Will keep my mouth shut in future. Posted Image

I did the same in work :(

• Like 1

Posted

Oh crap the MOD thread is full of talk about easterlies at +1000000  and I couldn't give a monkeys whether we get one or not due to 95% of them delivering nothing around here. At least it will be nice and frosty this weekend with the smallest of chances of some snow on Thursday evening and Friday morning.

• Like 3

Posted

I think we may get back edge snow from the weather system if we lucky during Thursday, not only just snow showers at the evening, so it will be a full 24 hours opportunity for snow before it fading out friday afternoon.Posted Image

Posted Image

Not the best pic from the bbc ppn chart.

Edited by pip22