Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion 18th Nov.2013-12z onwards.

phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i c the ecmf toying with another northerly again at oh yes 240h take the ecmf and gfs from last week and i beleave the gfs done quite well. I think the gfs is good at picking out patern changes better than the ecmf far out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Hmmm, looks as if the GFS, yes I cant believe I'm saying it may be onto something here, would not take alot for that high to just pop up to Greenland and flood those -15 uppers down to us. Interesting model watching. Love the build up to winter so much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

T.90 bringing that colder air down further south and west. Due to the LP system over Scandi/Siberia is not as intense allowing the isobars to straighten up more and stream further south.  The cold air plunges further south quicker than before and is shaping up to flood into the UK.  

Posted Image

Edited by IBringTheHammer

Posted

Hmmm, looks as if the GFS, yes I cant believe I'm saying it may be onto something here, would not take alot for that high to just pop up to Greenland and flood those -15 uppers down to us. Interesting model watching. Love the build up to winter so much.

Just meaning a massive spread of members.

Here is the EPSgram for London.

post-1071-0-84704900-1384985185_thumb.gi

Posted

If our high pressure nudged slightly further north and west we could find ourselves in line for a blast of very cold uppers. Trend is definately one of having the high positioned further west and cold air flooding south ever closer with each run

• Like 1

Posted

A rather flat looking 8-14 dayer from NOAA this evening and they do mention the "z" wordin their discussions. Climate Prediction Center - 8-14 Day 500mb Outlook   An interesting paragraph included in those discussions about beyond week 2 as well. GUIDANCE FOR THE PERIOD BEYOND WEEK-2 HAS BEEN VERY INCONSISTENT OF LATE, WITHTHE ONLY REASONABLE SIGNAL BEING SOME CONTINUATION OF THE QUASI-BLOCKINGPATTERN OVER THE NORTH PACIFIC. TO BE SURE, THIS PATTERN IS ONE OF THE MOREPERSISTENT PATTERNS OF INTERNAL VARIABILITY IN THE EXTRATROPICS DURING WINTER.THE LARGEST UNANSWERED QUESTION OF PERIOD LEADING UP THE CHRISTMAS SEASON ISWHETHER ANY PERSISTENT HEIGHT RISES WILL OCCUR ACROSS PARTS OF THE NORTHWESTERNATLANTIC AND GREENLAND, SOMETHING THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED THUS FAR THIS COLDSEASON. ADDITIONALLY, THE MJO REMAINS FAIRLY INCOHERENT, AND ANY REORGANIZATIONOF THAT IMPORTANT TROPICAL PHENOMENON WILL LIKELY HAVE RAMIFICATIONS FOR NORTHAMERICAN HYDROCLIMATE LATER IN DECEMBER.

'Suppressed zonal' - id take that over here if suppressed meant to our south through the med.

Posted

If our high pressure nudged slightly further north and west we could find ourselves in line for a blast of very cold uppers. Trend is definately one of having the high positioned further west and cold air flooding south ever closer with each run

Read Steve's post above. He understands the nuances of each model more than any man!

Posted

Look how much has changed since the 0Z GFS run just this morning, for the exact same time, 6pm on 25 Nov

0Z run :

Posted Image

18z run :

Posted Image

oh my days thats a frikkin huuuugge change!!anything can happen now if it can change that much in 12 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

I think one thing is clear for next week.  Europe looks like being in the freezer.

(Would help if i posted the correct charts lol....)

Edited by IBringTheHammer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

oh my days thats a frikkin huuuugge change!!anything can happen now if it can change that much in 12 hours.

Yes it can change back again in another 12 hours.

• Like 3

Posted

'Suppressed zonal' - id take that over here if suppressed meant to our south through the med.

'Suppressed zonal' is a new one on me,although it seemed more related to the conus

Posted

Yes it can change back again in another 12 hours.

BOOOOOM!

Have been here for a few years now, and the variances of different runs matter little IMO. The overall picture painted by the models remain the same. Anticyclonic, cool and cold by night, widespread frosts and fog and little if any precipitation. 

Deep FI teases yet again. How odd!!! Jam tomorrow. If it gets within T-144 then lets talk, until then…. I have no faith. Once bitten, twice/thrice shy!

• Like 1

Posted

About as poor as it can get on the ECM 10 day mean tonight. http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Reem2401.gif

A lot can ACTUALLY change in 10 days though, with these computer weather-related outputs though. I never take much notice of charts past 4 or 5 days.

Posted

BOOOOOM!

Have been here for a few years now, and the variances of different runs matter little IMO. The overall picture painted by the models remain the same. Anticyclonic, cool and cold by night, widespread frosts and fog and little if any precipitation. 

Deep FI teases yet again. How odd!!! Jam tomorrow. If it gets within T-144 then lets talk, until then…. I have no faith. Once bitten, twice/thrice shy!

Well the varinances of runs certainly matters in Europe where the colder air for Monday has shifted from Russia to France in less than 24 hours of model runs.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

I await the Ensembles now, as no point looking at rest for the time being.

The 72-108hr period is crucial.

Id agree.its a very subtle change ie the rise in pressure but it could build during tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Is that an energetic southern arm I see before me?

Posted Image

Quite different to the 12z at the same point but probably just run to run variability.

Posted

There is significance in the westward advancement of colder air across Europe on each subsequent GFS run today and the difference colder air in Europe makes with regard to the collapsing/propping of the high and/or a potential easterly flow down the road.

• Like 1