Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion 18th Nov.2013-12z onwards.

phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

What would you give for this mlb in julyPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image seems endless!!!!

We had one in July, can't be too greedy now :p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Once the high builds in a few days all signals show it hanging around for a while out to t216 and its not shifting from the UK

Posted ImagePosted Image

t264 it remains in place, less cold 850's approaching from the west for a short time

Posted ImagePosted Image

Frost and freezing fog becoming an increasing risk, temps remaining below average

Currently this high could last a good 7 to 10 days maybe longer keeping our weather very quiet other than some stubborn fog

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

We had one in July, can't be too greedy now Posted Image

Indeed,fi but that 264 hr chart is one of the worst ive seen !!!Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I had hoped with the new servers that this would be a thing of the past?

Looks like some weak height anomalies appearing in the mid-atlantic from day 10

onwards which would take us into a cool unsettled pattern for the start of Winter.

ECM240..Posted ImageEDH101-240.gif  naefs360..Posted Imagenaefsnh-0-0-360.png

Yes, I've had this in mind over the last day or two. A rinse and repeat is possible with High pressure leading to a westerly spell and then just perhaps renewed amplification in the atlantic. With the upper vortex as strong as it is though, I am not sure that we are likely to fare any better than what we currently see in any repeat scenario, should that occurPosted Image However that would be better than any tradional mild and zonal pattern and there is no evidence for that at the moment. Before any of those possibilities, for the time being it looks like High pressure will take over - its been a while since that happened to any particular extent

• Like 3

Posted

First signs of this high breaking up are at t300 (December 3rd)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Northerly

Posted ImagePosted Image

Its all down to the high now and where it goes

EDIT

Back over the UK is where it goes though it remains cold

Posted ImagePosted Image

GFS ends settled though a northerly could arrive again if we went on a few more runs

Posted ImagePosted Image

GFS 06z at t384 to show the difference

Posted Image

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted

FI looks good with the high heading North, however it's FI and will no doubt change "a lot"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

4th run to show high building in the Atlantic and ridging to Greenland! A trend or just coincidence? 

NH view also shows the PV disorganised

Posted Image

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 2

Posted

I think perhaps we are looking way too far ahead.

Lets keep an eye on things nearer 96/120hrs for the moment, still some crucial changes could occur which could feed in an easterly to some parts of the UK.

Edited by Matty M
  • Like 2

Posted

Overall this afternoon we have 7 to 10 days of settled and frosty weather and potentially some stubborn freezing fog from Friday before we get to any more potential snowy spells

All over to ECM now to see what that brings

UKMO has high pressure dominating

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

UKMO remains unavailable from t6 to t36 for the 6th day running

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

I think perhaps we are looking way too far ahead.

Lets keep an eye on things nearer 96/120hrs for the moment, still some crucial changes could occur.

yes id agree.better ridging on gfs and ukmo within that period!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

so a few hints from the gfs in fi of a trend emerging lets hope it continues to show up and it might be in fi but it has to start somewhere, personally if i would of had to pick i would prefer a cold spell in december than november, more cold hopefully to tap into, I expect more changes though. Posted Image

Edited by snowangel32
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

4th run to show high building in the Atlantic and ridging to Greenland! A trend or just coincidence? 

NH view also shows the PV disorganised

Posted Image

hmm perhaps. I think I will take a few days break I think, I hope it will still be there (of course down below T300 by then Posted Image )

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Not a very pretty UKM 144hrs !

Posted Image

Yes but the most realistic solution I'm afraid as it's also backed up by the GFS. The upside is that today's low plunges into the med (not good for them given recent events), that then dissipates and allows for a reload from the North, at least according to the GFS it does. Let's get a colder near continent and then see what happens to the High over the UK by this time next week, i.e. at the start of FI.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Posted

crazy user numbers on meteociel - 7000+.  no doubt all the europeans looking for their cold being brought south by our block. the 12z gfs low res stretches the upper strat vortex a tad and like the 06z reamplifies in two weeks.

the UKMO might look tedious this side of the pole but t'other is anything but and keep your eyes on the possibility of a deep trough being ejected of the siberian vortex in about a weeks time that may well dig down around kamchatka. that could well throw some seious WAA towards the pole and is likely the dynamic for the amplified ending we've seen on the past two gfs ops.

Edited by bluearmy
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

wow what a run from the Gfs 12z op, incredibly anticyclonic with lots of frost and probably a lot of freezing fog, cold and crisp for the next 2 weeks.

post-4783-0-85986600-1384967327_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-33996900-1384967344_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-45630100-1384967363_thumb.pn

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I think I'd happily take a breakdown from the west so we can reset a couple of weeks down the line at this point. I like cold, but snow - not dry weather, frost and endless days of repetitive conditions. I fear if we get stuck in 2 weeks of anti-cyclonic that by the time the pattern does breakdown we may then have to suffer a couple of weeks of zonality before we can reset and look for something cooler - let's hope not - that's 3-4 weeks out of the window (not saying that's what will happen before I get cries of - writing 1 month off). 

Let's get this high pressure block removed and ASAP, even if we require a week of rain that's fine by me - we can look potentially towards a seasonal festive period.

Edited by PolarWarsaw
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

I cant keep up with these models more  flip flops than club 18 in Cyprus.......

but im keeping my feet firmly on the ground as my post this morning in regards to a ec32 dayer from the strat thread was deleted!

and to be honest there have been four or five word posts being allowed which I was a little bemused by but hey ho.

there is certainly some interest in the extended runs from the models as suggested!

the pv is showing signs of a wobble and blocking holding firm over the uk,

if anything over the last few days there seems to be a trend pointing towards a plume of higher pressure pushing south to north or sw to ne so the models are toying with the idea of trying to block Greenland,

which I like to drop that idea straight away!,

or a scandi ridge perhaps leading to and easterly perhaps a north easterly of coarse there is a more realistic look of just block holding over uk extending into the alantic and nothing showing in regards to above average.

there was a lot of talk about the ecm and its ramps from lastweek only to fail!.

but can it nail a more reasonable progression later to something a little more wintry although with caution as I look at these charts as long as theres no deep low pressure bang over us all in all looking ok for fresh dry feeling to things,

if not cloudy in places.

perhaps the wave 2 breaking episode will help to perhaps push things into a more slightly favourable option for us in the uk.

im not over excited but interested to see where this is all going to end up,

going into December!

perhaps I could even take back my winter over comments last night or should I say no winter this side of Christmas.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

the jma looks interesting aswell navgem showing interest they really are showing some surface cold and the worst model tonight goes to the gem.

nearly all models though show cold sliding nicely into Europe then flowing east some very close to our shores interesting

Edited by model rollercoaster
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

The 12z GFS run does not let the atlantic get aboard at all and builds the mid Atlantic high nicely in FI.

I know its FI but it may well be the start of a trend. Fingers crossed Posted Image

post-2637-0-22773700-1384968935_thumb.pn

• Like 3