Sign in to follow this  
knocker

Increasing Number of Episodes

I'm finding that as I get closer to making my journey across the Styx I find episodes of absent mindedness increasing, Anyone find the same?

Latest example. The week before last I stopped at the ATM at Tescos to withdraw £50. It was only when I came to pay I realised I'd walked away without picking up the money. I thought what a complete pillock

Anyway I knew that the machine took the money back after a short delay if the money wasn't taken so I rang the bank whenI got home. Of course I'd forgotten my password! Having got that sorted I was told if this had ocurred the money would be credited to my account by such and such a date. As it happened I got lucky and it was.

Strangely enough a few weeks ago I had a strange letter concerning £100 I'd left in the  same machine ten years ago, I did actually remember the occasion much to my chagrin. On that occasion I hadn't given the bank a ring having written it off as sheer stupidity. Anyway they credited my account ten years later.

There are one or two other incidents like completely forgetting my flu jab last Tuesday.

I suspect the funny farm is beckoning en route to the river.

Edited by knocker

There are one or two other incidents like completely forgetting my flu jab last Tuesday.

I wouldn`t about that.Posted Image

I wouldn`t about that.Posted Image

I wasn't worried about the flu jab but annoyed i'd made an apointment and just hadn't turned up. People who do this waste everyones time and it is something that always annoys me. Now I have joined the ranks.

Edited by knocker

Think we all do such things, young or old, distraction, excitement, things on your mind all pervade your daily life and push you of track once in a while.

Edited by Jax

Think we all do such things, young or old, distraction, excitement, things on your mind all pervade your daily life and push you of track once in a while.

That must be it Jax. I was overcome with excitement at the thought of those water melons.

The model output thread is turning you mental :)

That must be it Jax. I was overcome with excitement at the thought of those water melons.

me too, saw a pair in ASDA and train of thought was lost at that point!

People who do this waste everyones time and it is something that always annoys me. Now I have joined the ranks.

Good point there about appointments get cancelled and not taken advantage, well it`s bad enough with the hospitals....

They are overloaded as it is...

It`s easy done to miss an appointment with so much going on these days, feeling like time creation its getting faster and faster...

The model output thread is turning you mental Posted Image

I'm afraid  can't blame that. The little grey cells were on the wane after I passed the eleven plus.

Good point there about appointments get cancelled and not taken advantage, well it`s bad enough with the hospitals....

They are overloaded as it is...

It`s easy done to miss an appointment with so much going on these days, feeling like time creation its getting faster and faster...

I nearly did it last month, just luck had it I checked the calender at the last minute and was able to amend the appointment.

Twice recently I've gone to put diesel in my petrol car, and only realised when the nozzle didn't fit. Hopefully it's down to driving diesels non-stop for 5 years till recently not me getting "senior moments" at 34!