Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell Next Week Discussion. (18 November) Onwards.

Skullzrulerz

Posted

Not sure what to expect. Sea temperatures around here provide a real struggle until after New Year when snow becomes increasingly likely. Given that, if the Isle of Man gets snow, it is usually in my area. I'm only at 115m above sea level though. Another thing to note is that the Met Office have the Isle of Man down for getting most precipitation in the Northwest region so if it does turn to snow I might not be able to leave the house! ...okay maybe we won't get that much after all.

Mind you, March this year was a stonker for us. After only be forecast ''accumulations of a couple of inches possible'' the west side of the island got drifts of up to 20ft. Now that was something else... 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Liking the photos again..... I lived in the isle of man near summerhill in douglas from 1991-2000.... Had a few good snow experiences there but nothing ever like that which hit in march..... Remember getting 9-12 inches of snow when nothing was forecast for iom other than sleet.... If anything falls at least you can go up the mountain and see a bit of snow :)
  • Like 2

Posted

Liking the photos again..... I lived in the isle of man near summerhill in douglas from 1991-2000.... Had a few good snow experiences there but nothing ever like that which hit in march..... Remember getting 9-12 inches of snow when nothing was forecast for iom other than sleet.... If anything falls at least you can go up the mountain and see a bit of snow :)

Ps my brother is a policeman in ramsey and hed not seen that much snow drifted before.....

Posted

Not sure what to expect. Sea temperatures around here provide a real struggle until after New Year when snow becomes increasingly likely. Given that, if the Isle of Man gets snow, it is usually in my area. I'm only at 115m above sea level though. Another thing to note is that the Met Office have the Isle of Man down for getting most precipitation in the Northwest region so if it does turn to snow I might not be able to leave the house! ...okay maybe we won't get that much after all.

Mind you, March this year was a stonker for us. After only be forecast ''accumulations of a couple of inches possible'' the west side of the island got drifts of up to 20ft. Now that was something else... 

I think some of those shots surpass what I saw in the eastern end of the Peak District in 1947 and 1963 winters-huge drifts by any UK standards.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

A stonker by any standard, some drifts of 6 or 7 foot a couple of miles from here in late March but 20ft is out of this world, beyond my wildest dreams, meanwhile the b------ GEFS are stuck again, going to be a late night in bed so probably wont be up for the 0z ECM and certainly not the 0z GFS and UKMO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

A stonker by any standard, some drifts of 6 or 7 foot a couple of miles from here in late March but 20ft is out of this world, beyond my wildest dreams, meanwhile the b------ GEFS are stuck again, going to be a late night in bed so probably wont be up for the 0z ECM and certainly not the 0z GFS and UKMO.

I was staying with a mate at the time in Huddersfield near Ainley Top and it was literally knee deep but with bigger drifts, was a shock seeing all that fall mostly overnight.

Edited by Gaz1985

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I was staying with a mate at the time in Huddersfield near Ainley Top and it was literally knee deep but with bigger drifts, was a shock seeing all that fall mostly overnight.

Im low down in comparison, there is a 300ft rise in a mile and half all around me  but even I got about 4 inches level and foot drifts up the door, easily my biggest late March fall ever, my biggest whole March fall was in West Midlands, March 5th / 6th 1987, more than 8 inches level with more in patches, remember it well because the zebrugge ferry disaster happened at the same time.

Posted

I'm underwhelmed to be honest.

always time for upgrades, I'm sure the models won't always downgrade EVERYTHING at short notice :-p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

pics of a fresh heavy snowfall in sunny weather always look good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

I don't think any of England will get any snow on Tuesday Night into Wednesday Morning with the exception of the highest ground in the North of England. The forecast for my area two days ago was persistent light snow on Wednesday Morning with temperatures reaching only 2C max with a feels like temperature not going over -2C and a -6C feels like temp on Thursday. Now the forecast is Light rain showers on Wednesday Afternoon with temperatures reaching 6C and reel feel at 0C.

Certainly shows a DOWNGRADE. Not looking to any snow because the chances look so small.

Posted

Aye last March was something else for Isle of Man/North Wales parts of Eastern Ireland.. - they received the heaviest precipitation and with the gale force easterlies drifts were amazing...offset by the horrendous conditions the hill farmers had to endure with their cattle...even this far inland although we didn't get the heaviest snowfall the winds whipped up drifts up to 4ft-6ft especially over the highest ground...

...mmm next week....falling wet sleet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I'm underwhelmed to be honest.

Ditto. I was feeling positive before, but now I'm feeling largely let down by what I'm seeing. I'll be even more disappointed if we end up with overcast skies and static temps, which is a complete waste of time.

Edited by cheese

Posted

November 2005 IMO was an excellent month for cold hard frosts....

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/2005/Rrea00120051118.gif

And a potent N-ly.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/2005/Rrea00120051125.gif

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I will be happy to see hopefully some harsh frosts this week along with my first air frosts and cold bright days ,never really thought i would see any snow for my location anyway so im not too underwhelmed.

Its only Nov anyway if it was jan or feb i would be disappointed. Let the really good charts if we get them be kept for later in the season,plenty of time.

Posted

Im just hoping for a few flakes and sharp frosts.... Opening my curtains to find the hills nice and white would be enough for me....it is only november.....

Posted

I don't think any of England will get any snow on Tuesday Night into Wednesday Morning with the exception of the highest ground in the North of England. The forecast for my area two days ago was persistent light snow on Wednesday Morning with temperatures reaching only 2C max with a feels like temperature not going over -2C and a -6C feels like temp on Thursday. Now the forecast is Light rain showers on Wednesday Afternoon with temperatures reaching 6C and reel feel at 0C.Certainly shows a DOWNGRADE. Not looking to any snow because the chances look so small.

Well most areas should see snow on Tuesday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

It looks rubbish next week, just a load of cold rain. Always downgraded the closer it got. Nothing to be excited about.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Well most areas should see snow on Tuesday. 

you sure? looks cold and wet at best to me for most unless they are further north or perched on a high mountain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I think he means areas outside of Dorset.

and probably anywhere south of the M62 corridor from what I can see......about 75% of the population of the UK.....lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

and probably anywhere south of the M62 corridor from what I can see......about 75% of the population of the UK.....lol

Good thing I live just north of it then! Posted Image

Edited by cheese

Posted

Wait ... what??

Well I wasn't really counting the south of England thats why I  said 'most areas'. Which will include: NI, Scotland, North of England and ROI. 

you sure? looks cold and wet at best to me for most unless they are further north or perched on a high mountain.

Heavy snow symbol for me at 6pm tomorrow.  TBH the cold spell is nowhere near what it could be but its better than being 10c and raining all the time, at least we will see some snow. Think its gonna be a shock to the system here anyway, down for a 3c max on Tuesday. 

Edited by smithyweather