Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 14/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Quick! in the cupboard!!

• Like 5

Guest bjaykent

IT'S ONE RUN!!!

there. I've said it Posted Image

Ah but the next run might be even milder LOL, quite funny how some can lament the end of an extended Nov/Dec 2010 like cold spell that only ever existed in the brain of a computer. I think the average age of posters in the mad thread to be somewhere between five and ten and perhaps less during the school holidays. Good luck JO, more like being a primary School teacher than a Moderator in therePosted ImagePosted Image .   

• Like 3

Posted

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

jo Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

was not sure what smiley to use here Posted Image

Is there one for a large number of teenagers (actual or with the emotional age of) exploding in disappointment because their hopeful wishcasting of models that many of them don't actually understand might not actually happen?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well I have learnt my lesson when it comes to snow. I will only nowcast. I can't tell you the amount of times my area was promised severe snowfall that either was nothing or was far less than predicted.

No fault of the weather people, but for my own sanity, I shall nowcast only!***

*** there is a good chance I may change my mind if excitement takes over.Posted Image

Edited by Lauren
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Evening all. What a lovely late Autumn evening it is. Somewhere between 2.4 and 3.7 outside, nearly a full moon, and it looks like this year I won't need one of JP's acurate rain forecasts for tomorrow's annual fireworks party. Could be perfect bonfire weather. Meat marinated, woodburner on and steak for dinner!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

I agree because on here its less of the 'yayyyyyy McBusted in april! — feeling excited.' posts (which is an actual facebook status from one of my friends I used to live with).A cool 3.8c here, dropping off fast tonight. Last night didnt quite make it down past 4c for some reason? 

This is the part where I admit I have tickets for 24th April - just to accompany my daughter of course!

Posted

Is there one for a large number of teenagers (actual or with the emotional age of) exploding in disappointment because their hopeful wishcasting of models that many of them don't actually understand might not actually happen?

i was thinking you may need something bigger

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

MOD thread is vicious and its only 15th November lol...Wow never seen it that poisonous so early in the season...Best keep away till AprilPosted Image

• Like 2

Guest bjaykent

MOD thread is vicious and its only 15th November lol...Wow never seen it that poisonous so early in the season...Best keep away till AprilPosted Image

Hi Chartviewer, nice to see you back for winter - or is it winter? Need some of your Chinese charts to cheer them up or possibly finish them off altogetherPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Hi Chartviewer, nice to see you back for winter - or is it winter? Need some of your Chinese charts to cheer them up or possibly finish them off altogetherPosted Image

Hiya......Thanks good to be back amongst best crowd there is on the forums...Hi to all for Winter coming up...Hope its a good un for you all.

As for those CMA's......Waiting in the wingsPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all.

Crisp and sunny here too, with light winds.

Awoke to the smell of fresh bread this morning, which was nice. I had a couple of slices as part of my breakfast. Chucked the measured ingredients into the machine last night. Hit a button or two and bingo! this morning.

It looks like someone has been banned from the Model Discussion thread this morning, so undoubtedly there's been petty squabbling there. Posted Image I looked there for all of two minutes. That's all you need to get the gist of current thinking.

Awoke to the smell of fresh bread this morning, which was nice. I had a couple of slices as part of my breakfast. Chucked the measured ingredients into the machine last night. Hit a button or two and bingo! this morning.

i want one too.

Posted

Darn I can't watch the 06z GFS any more.... what a shame Posted Image

I will try and keep up with the CFS updates for Christmas, unless they are awful. Then I will go on strike until the CFS plays nice Posted Image

Congratulations.

Thank you all for cheering me up on what has otherwise been an absolutely dreadful day. I don't know where I would be without this thread. Seriously.

oh i hope you are ok.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening fellow regionalites :)

Model thread is going, well down the proverbial toilet really. 

One thing of note, the later stages of the ECM mean are completely different to this mornings output. Hence if the ensembles are all over the place, you can have very little confidence in the output.

Posted Image

There was a mean high towards Greenland this morning, now it's the other way around.

Fax charts are probably even more crucial than usual here as they will be most likely closest to the mark. I can't promise anything really beyond the initial cold plunge at the moment. Make go the way of the pear, or the way of the snowball. 

• Like 2

Posted

Evening all! And congratulations! to the Captain! :D

I still haven't been in the MOD thread. I'm so very proud of myself.  As long as I don't go in there I will be able to keep up my resolve.  But I know as soon as one toe enters that'll be it...I'll be trapped.

Been to the Orthopaedic hospital in London with my daughter and not great news, so I'm grateful for this thread cheering me up.

Tonight is cold again. God help hubby if he nicks the duvet again! Posted Image

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

CFS time

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

High slap bang over the UK. Fog and frost an issue

Then.......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Precipitation - (-2) - Rain, followed by snow showers towards near year, bone dry beforehand.

Temperature - (-2) - Cold and settled, then into the freezer Posted Image

Frankly I would take this run.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted

Evening fellow regionalites Posted Image

Model thread is going, well down the proverbial toilet really. 

One thing of note, the later stages of the ECM mean are completely different to this mornings output. Hence if the ensembles are all over the place, you can have very little confidence in the output.

Posted Image

There was a mean high towards Greenland this morning, now it's the other way around.

Fax charts are probably even more crucial than usual here as they will be most likely closest to the mark. I can't promise anything really beyond the initial cold plunge at the moment. Make go the way of the pear, or the way of the snowball. 

Interesting CS....Also Strat thread indicates pressure on the PV from wave breaking ....I suspect that is why models are all over place re modelling the height rises if they occur NNW of us or just North.......Pressure off jet energy above us could force a MLB or high over UK..........But it is so early in Season and am loving different scenarios being played out by GFS, ECM. UKMO, GEM, JMA, BOM...CMA....Cracking start to Winter coming up and at least not mild SWersterlies!!....

Roll on Winter properPosted Image

ps - and I haven't posted in MOD thread last few days so sane as yet:-)

Edited by ChartViewer
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow. snow. snow

hi all,

just wondering why there are so many gritting lorries out in watford tonight, is there bad weather on the way ? 

Posts in the Mod Thread are being deleted nearly as fast as I can read at the moment, can't wait for the first phantom easterlyPosted Image

i don't like to say it but I wonder sometimes if it would be easier to moderate the posts at busy times in there before they appear as people seem them and react before they are deleted, I suppose the trouble is having poor moderators with enough time to sit there and do the job.

hi all,

just wondering why there are so many gritting lorries out in watford tonight, is there bad weather on the way ? 

Possible frost and fog in your area due to lack of cloud cover.

• Like 1