Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 14/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Just post any chart, then mention something like it showing energy splitting or similar. People would then think you're an expert. Posted Image

Well I have mentioned 'split flows' in there Posted Image but then because a) I am down to earth and genuinely don't profess to be an expert and Posted Image  I am a token female gatecrasher contributing sometimes to that thread it means that I have the perogative to be excused using terms like thatPosted Image

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Dog walk was brisk.

That wind really biting at my cheeks.

Also the dog had his coat on for the first time this season.

Nice and white this morning.

Have a nice day all x

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Can you me please tom ,Hastings ,East Sussex . Thank u

Can you me please tom ,Hastings ,East Sussex . Thank u

add me please lol !
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Well I have mentioned 'split flows' in there Posted Image but then because a) I am down to earth and genuinely don't profess to be an expert and Posted Image  I am a token female gatecrasher contributing sometimes to that thread it means that I have the perogative to be excused using terms like thatPosted Image

I tend to stay clear of those threads and when I have rarely posted no one replied, I much prefer the regionals :)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I tend to stay clear of those threads and when I have rarely posted no one replied, I much prefer the regionals Posted Image

That is a shame no-one replied - there *should* ideally be a much higher profile of females posting their ideas on that thread. But as long as the prevailing attitudes, side swipes, mood swings and competitive scoring of points keeps happening not enough will venture on there to give summaries of their thoughts. However, as Team Jo has posted quite recently, the mods do everything they can to keep in check. Winter must be a time of dread....Posted Image

I remember starting getting involved some way back simply by asking lots of questions, reading from the posts of the clued up members, and going on from there. Gradually you get involved that way and can kind of side step the rollercoaster side of it. I guess I feel immune to it nowadays..even though the mood swings are still annoying like they are to most people.

None of that takes anything away from the regionals - and in that respect there can be no need to venture into the MAD thread as there are enough people who represent this region to provide some very good insight to the weather patterns alongside the banter that goes on as wellPosted Image

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 6

Posted

A quick look at temps around the region in what should be the warmest part of the day shows that cold air influence seems to be reaching us slowly:

Benson 4.7 °C
Brize Norton 5 °C
Charlwood 5.1 °C
Heathrow 5.4 °C
Herstmonceux 5.7 °C
High Wycombe 4 °C
Kenley 3.6 °C
Langdon Bay 4.7 °C
Manston 5.4 °C
Northolt 5.7 °C
Odiham 4.6 °C
Solent 7 °C
South Farnborough 5.3 °C
St Catherine's Point 6.4 °C

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/observations/

Posted Image

Definitely a more raw feel to things at lunchtime with that N/NW wind pulling temps down by around 3.0 °C in the wind-chill to make it nippy alright.

Looking at GFS, daytime temps look to stay like this for a week or so, with another frost to come for most tomorrow and Thursday night I imagine:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This ickle chart made me smile:

Posted Image

Right over my house Thursday morning - more please!

Posted Image

• Like 2

Can you add me please

Wootton, Bedfordshire

Hi JABWootton, some local competition and as you are more in the country I think you may win each time.

Great to see the number of forum members wanting to take part is increasing by the minute, all we need now is some snow but not before the spreadsheet is workingPosted Image

Edited by chris mantle
  • Like 2

Posted

Nah Coast reckon that's more my way Posted Image .

4 miles from me to you? I'll take your overspill!

These charts might make a few in here chuckle, but I'm not at all sure if it will turn out like this - they have been very good in previous years:

post-6667-0-07972800-1384874141_thumb.jp post-6667-0-57724400-1384874137_thumb.jp

http://www.snow-forecast.com/maps/dynamic/uk

Only there for a short while, so get to bed early tomorrow and get up later to watch those lampposts!

Posted Image

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Cold day here (as I suspect it was everywhere in our area), dry and sunny, first real frost this morning but the second time this season I have had to get the ice scraper out when leaving in the early morning chill and dark, looks like that will be the norm for the rest of this week (then I don't care as I have a week off *Woohoo*), also just checked and remote temp thingy reports the shed is a whopping 3.3oC at the moment, and boy did it feel cold when leaving work, I should be in for the evening now, not aware of any requirements to leave the warm house till morning now.

Even running both storage heaters now (one for downstairs and the lounge, the other in the hallway is more to take the edge off the cold upstairs as no heating up there right now).

Posted

So the man with the big-boy models and supercomputers says in the MAD thread:

GFS aside, in nearer-term the 12z NAE signals a small-scale low associated with the occlusion wraparound as it moves SE'ward tomorrow afternoon-eve. WBFL's circa 500-600m in zone between this feature and the cold front (which itself has strong line convection signal)..... we anticipate some wet snow approx Cotswolds down across M4 corridor to the SE as it runs south, aided by slack wind environment. Critical PPN rates only around 2-4mm p/hr needed to help turn this to snow.

Ties in with a few indicators seen today, but not enough to get the big ramp out and definitely not enough to make a snowman.

• Like 6

Posted

So the man with the big-boy models and supercomputers says in the MAD thread:

Ties in with a few indicators seen today, but not enough to get the big ramp out and definitely not enough to make a snowman.

what about a snowboy or a snowbaby?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

I need it to come more my way, as its not near me, a big gust of wind needed plz Posted Image

Posted

what about a snowboy or a snowbaby?

This might be the best you will get:

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Mmmmmmmm, so not this then?.......

Posted ImageSnowed In.jpg

(yet!) Posted Image

you should put that in the "make us laugh" thread , daily express right! Posted Image