Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 14/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Pretty grim out there in the American  Mid-West, I'm following events with this live link : http://www.theindychannel.com/live-video

Hi BB, that's a sobering link for sure.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow all the way

Hi Biensie, Tamara has been on the model and the strat thread recently - a consistent voice of sanity and reason and always the chance of a really proper recipe!

Thanks abruzzi spur, i do keep popping in Model Thread  but have a job to understand what they are going on about.  However, don't recall her on there either.  I miss her posts here as she obviously knows what she is talking about and can write it so I understand.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

well i am back for the season,  should have more time on my hands this year to post!!! ( i was chmapes using this account now)

Ok guys and gals, I'll catch up with all that later and post an updated list tomorrow.

Tom.

i'll join this year  be good to give it ago  Posted Image

Edited by chrisyp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Pretty grim out there in the American  Mid-West, I'm following events with this live link :

http://www.theindychannel.com/live-video

Hey Tom, I'm not on the snow cup list yet ??.  Location as per my profile. Cheers mate and thanks for all the hard work Posted Image

More damage in Washington,IL

post-10773-0-32873500-1384725406_thumb.j

:-(

Posted

Evening all,

Here are the names of the members who took part in last Winters Snow Depth Cup and a few who want to be included this year. Might be better to let me know if you DONT want to take part in this Winters competition, by pm or post, hopefully most members will want to this Winter.

Is there any point for those of us in the triangle?Posted Image

Posted

Thanks abruzzi spur, i do keep popping in Model Thread  but have a job to understand what they are going on about.  However, don't recall her on there either.  I miss her posts here as she obviously knows what she is talking about and can write it so I understand.

Hi B, you can always find a member's posts by going to their profile and clicking on 'content'. It's true that quite a lot of the model stuff is incomprehensible but I doubt that is your fault!AS

Posted
  • Location: greenhithe, kent (nr bluewater) 51.45216 n 0.25966 e
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter hot in summer

looking at the forecast it looks like thursday morning could be interesting, but i dont think it will settle as the ground is too warm still

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter hot in summer

here is a question, during the 70's and 80's we used have terrible thunderstorms here i mean some of them use to last for hours but recently we have not had a bad thunderstorm is there any reason why ?

Posted

JP, thanks for the Saturday forecast for the bonfire night..just about spot on with a light northerly. Real yeuchh day today with light drizzle and murk for all of it. Did my best yesterday and managed to slice, chop and carry a couple of tons of wood up to the house. Still trying to avoid putting the heating on...so far, so good. Jupiter's leg no better after a walk, so to the vet's for an X-ray.

Tom, I'd like to join this year. Staplecross is the location, though it's a small village. Nearer larger places are Robertsbridge, Battle, Hawkhurst

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Evening all,

Here are the names of the members who took part in last Winters Snow Depth Cup and a few who want to be included this year. Might be better to let me know if you DONT want to take part in this Winters competition, by pm or post, hopefully most members will want to this Winter.

Want to know numbers first and will then decide on the format to use. It will probably be a number of "mini leagues" initially and then a knockout phase, later in the Winter.

Those of you in the list, could you please check that I have your details correct. Those of you who arent in the list, could you please let me know if you want to enter and I'll gladly include you.

Chris Mantle is kindly helping me by sorting out a spreadsheet for me, saves pen and paper, shame he doesnt know yet, only joking! Thanks again Chris! 

Those with asterisks against their name, could you please give me a more specific location.

I'll have a go this year please.

Posted

Well one things for sure the eye of a tornado is full of debris and is extremely low pressure.

yes it must be a very frightening thing to see a huge one bearing down on your village.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

I've experienced a couple of tornados, albeit from a safe distance (chasing with the Netweather team no less!!) one was inflow dominant and felt like a warm oven door breeze, and the other was outflow dominant and pretty nippy!

Paul Sherman is the man to ask!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

ITV weather just now forecasting "sleet and snow" for us on for Wednesday/Thursday, though mentioned risk will be mostly across higher ground

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Aren't they running with forecasts supplied by Met Office? I still think some of us especially over higher ground could see a wintry mix to begin with or on the back-edge of Wednesdays system.

Posted

fax have not updated yet

would have thought wed evening would be favourite when the wind direction

switches around

will update thurs and friday when out but to get the forecast close for wed night thurs am

will not be able to do it until at least tomorrow night

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

That list has now been updated, thanks.

Tom.

Yeah I guess I will join in the fun.... ummm best put me down for Saffron Walden as that the most likely location I will be over the winter months

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

at 96

strong east north easterly wind

showers circulating around the low

the charts that are inbetween needed here to be more specific

also depends exactly where that low ends up so holding this until tomorrow night now

Edited by john pike
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Yeah I guess I will join in the fun.... ummm best put me down for Saffron Walden as that the most likely location I will be over the winter months

And me please Wallington
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I'm finding it difficult to get excited about the possibility of a bit of sleet later this week especially with what's going on in other places - my thoughts are with those people who haven't got a bed to sleep in tonight !

• Like 3

Posted

I'd like to join the snow cup Tom, representing Sydenham.

Edited by tadpole
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

If I see 1 snow flake this week then I'm sorry but this will just have to go up !post-18872-0-24929500-1384729912_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

ecm london ensembles

Posted Image

temps

the main ecm run is not a cold outlier

in fact there are a few colder options

up to the 23rd the main run is actually one of the warmest runs

these are cold

Posted Image

20th looks breezy as does the 27th

barring that not much