Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

The Winter 2013/14 ramping thread

It's marginal for snow over the next 2 days, but aren't 90% of our snow events 'marginal'?

Hopefully it's going to catch us all out and we'll be leaping around like loonies tomorrow afternoon/evening.

I don't know about you guys, but if I get snow, it tends to keep me happy for a week to two weeks even if it goes mild afterwards.

I still think we are inline for an epic winter , worst in donkey's years!

• Like 1
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's marginal for snow over the next 2 days, but aren't 90% of our snow events 'marginal'?

SACRA members are still preparing the main ramp for this year currently:

Posted Image

Big ramp needed after this cfs run for xmas day. With uppers like that and low pressure near by snow is a gimmie!!!

http://modeles.meteociel.fr/modeles/cfs/runs/2013112600/run1m/cfsnh-0-714.png?00

http://modeles.meteociel.fr/modeles/cfs/runs/2013112600/run1m/cfsnh-2-714.png?00

well that has put a smile on my face :)

So, is the first spell of white Winter weather on it's way next week?

Posted Image

You'd kind of hope so, even if it's only for a short while!

12th March this year:

Posted Image

• Like 1

Seems Madrid has had a bit of snow overnight judging by piccies on facebook - that is, under high pressure, warm uppers, right in the middle of the country. If it doesn't snow here next week, I give up!

Good to see the thread back again for the imminent season.. Here's to lots of ice and snow! Whoop whoop! Am very optimistic especially seeing that the Arctic sea ice and Northern Hemisphere snow seems above average.

Awaiting the cool down at the end of the week :-)