Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion 13/11/13 >

Posted

Guys your all mad. Why not watch the model come out and then comment ?? Instead of panicking thinking one thing only to back track on the next frame?Enjoy the charts by all means but just relax a bit before you give yourselves a heart attack !!#madhouse#rollercoaster!!!

It's fun watching all the emotive outburst though.

• Like 5

Posted

Although I have not had the time to look at the models recently, from viewing them yesterday to now, there is not an awful lot of differences in my eyes. Of course some on here will get all tetchy about the details but it does look like there will be some sort of attempt at an Atlantic ridge which will allow some cold air to head towards us. Obviously people want snowfall but tonights ECM looks really good for some significantly frosty weather, something which has not occurred too often this Autumn. 

As per usual, some nail biting but exciting few days model watching and see how long this cold shot will indeed last into next week. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Where is mr steve murr??somebody get in touch with him.tell him the ecm has just become friends with the gfs.lol!!

Pumping some iron at the gym apparently.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

Some folk on here will be confused by the conflicting commentary, one says good, other says poor, it's even worse not being able to access the charts right now, will someone please tell me if it's looking wintry next week :-)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Pumping some iron at the gym apparently.

Pumping up that high!

• Like 3

Posted

Where is mr steve murr??somebody get in touch with him.tell him the ecm has just become friends with the gfs.lol!!

He has gone to the gym. No point in looking further than T168 other than just for fun because the key factors are T120-T144 and just throwing a little bit more energy further North would have made day 7 look very different. 

• Like 1

Posted

Some folk on here will be confused by the conflicting commentary, one says good, other says poor, it's even worse not being able to access the charts right now, will someone please tell me if it's looking wintry next week :-)

frosty it is looking wintry next week simple as and very cold aswell 8f we go according to the ecm.the 850 hpa temps have upgraded aswell!
  • Like 1

Posted

it looks like a stronger version of the ens mean karl (no sh#t sherlock)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Ita a toppler frosty on ecm,cold one tho!!!Posted Image Posted Image Sorry big improvement on ecm from this morning with the high hopefully heading towards iceland.Its now a scandi hi and easterly mate

Edited by swfc
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Posted Image

That really is quite a nice chart. Should be some snow showers around and the chunk of PV being isolated South should develop into an LP over Europe and prop up our high. We just need to see some WAA being driven up toward Greenland in the next couple of frames for a chance at some prolonged deep cold.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

WAA into Greenland is pretty incredible at 192

post-7073-0-47860200-1384454591_thumb.gi

I expect we'll see retrogression on the next couple of charts, UKMO all on it's own.

• Like 6

Posted

PV is still very much intact, the last 2 frames aren't going to be nice imo, I can see that high sinking.

• Like 2

Posted

PV is still very much intact, the last 2 frames aren't going to be nice imo, I can see that high sinking.

Sink to where exactly? There's nowhere it can feasibly sink to? Looks like going down the GFS route to me with a renewed attempt at a Greenland/Icelandic high as we get towards day 10.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

It's not that clear cut. It would struggle to sink easily given that the euro trough is still being fed by splinter lows (not sure of the technical term) that keep undercutting the high

• Like 1

Posted

Sink to where exactly? There's nowhere it can feasibly sink to? Looks like going down the GFS route to me with a renewed attempt at a Greenland/Icelandic high as we get towards day 10.

It's being drawn in by the Southern Russian high

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi all,

For any newbies or those who may simply be missing the details due to the frantic pace of postings in here, what is shown by the great many NWP outputs is still on target from where we were three (3) days ago, see the following comment. For simplification you should deduct 72 hours from the situation hinted at below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway moving forward, I am loving this cooler trend as it is seemingly becoming more apparent that something's up around the 18th November. Even at this range this output would be at t+168 hours so we still need to hold our horses. I personally think a change to something much drier is the most likely scenario in the short-term but whether a Northerly, Northwesterly or even an Easterly element sets up is all conjecture until the midweek output possibly confirms this likelihood. If anyone is looking for the finer details i.e IMBY, I think that's not a healthy pastime until that timeframe either. The trend is our friend as said in a previous post and trying to deduce the global picture of things (which I still struggle with Posted Image ) is the best way to go for anybody still trying to make sense of all things Meteorological. Until things get to t+72 or nearer, any precipitation events won't even be nailed. Look globally firstly, then regionally and finally locally come the most realistic timeframe i.e. less than t+24. Posted Image  Just hoping this helps any newcomers, lurkers and those less knowledgeable than the top guys and gals in here. Posted Image

As before, whichever output you look at, the reliable timeframe is approximately within the 114 to 120 hours boundary as also indicated by many other knowledgeable folk within this thread.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78461-model-output-discussion-131113/?p=2833785

The edge of FI (Fantasy Island) and beyond is where the fun and games could begin. Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

With the 500hPa low cut off to the south, the high is not going to sink. 

• Like 1

Posted

It's being drawn in by the Southern Russian high

The western periphery of the high in the Atlantic should tilt and enable some WAA at 216, let's see what happens. I think sinking is the least likely option on this run but then again I've seen stranger things happen!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold & snow

WAA into Greenland is pretty incredible at 192

Posted ImageWAA 2.gif

I expect we'll see retrogression on the next couple of charts, UKMO all on it's own.

Although the Arctic feed is cut off the next ECM chart looks OK

Posted Image

Would probably only be cold and damp at this time of year rather than snowy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

23rd looking horrid on both models on 12Z's, still FI so no concern yet, but flood risk for England

• Like 1

Posted

The western periphery of the high in the Atlantic should tilt and enable some WAA at 216, let's see what happens. I think sinking is the least likely option on this run but then again I've seen stranger things happen!

I should add though that I don't buy this run at all. There is no way the vortex will be that much intact in 10 days time. We will see gaps appear which will aid our high pressure to stay to our North, unlike the end of todays 12z run.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Posted Image

Low pressure developing a little further North over the channel than ideal but we need that to prop up the high.

The 192 chart was really in the balance as far as energy distribution was concerned on the Western flank of the mid Atlantic block, a little more energy going south at that point and the cold would of been locked in I reckon. Still, these are hurdles we may never get to so probably better to concentrate on the 120, 144 charts for now