Sign in to follow this  
Zenarcher

New YouTube Comments Layout and Google +

A few days ago Google who owns YouTube decided to change the comment section by making it more personal so now you have to have a Google + account to comment they hoped this would cut back on the amount of bad comments but it hasn't worked too well. Firstly people are annoyed that they are now being forced to join Google + just to comment and also use their real name as well. Some people have done it but it hasn't made things any better people are just making fake names and now links can be posted a lot of people are saying these links to certain websites give your computer viruses etc. Google have made a bad decision in my opinion they should have left it as it was they've now made the comments section even worse than before along with users of their website getting viruses and being forced to join up to Google +. I feel Google want to beat Facebook and Google + has been pretty much a fail since it began so they now are making pretty much everyone on YouTube which is a lot of people join Google + without the choice.

What are your thoughts on this?

Edited by weathermaster

A few days ago Google who owns YouTube decided to change the comment section by making it more personal so now you have to have a Google + account to comment they hoped this would cut back on the amount of bad comments but it hasn't worked too well. Firstly people are annoyed that they are now being forced to join Google + just to comment and also use their real name as well. Some people have done it but it hasn't made things any better people are just making fake names and now links can be posted a lot of people are saying these links to certain websites give your computer viruses etc. Google have made a bad decision in my opinion they should have left it as it was they've now made the comments section even worse than before along with users of their website getting viruses and being forced to join up to Google +. I feel Google want to beat Facebook and Google + has been pretty much a fail since it began so they now are making pretty much everyone on YouTube which is a lot of people join Google + without the choice.

What are your thoughts on this?

Google, Yahoo, Facebook etc are all the same, after your personal details so you can make money out of you, I feel the same about the others not just google, refuse to hand over such information, and it bugs me that even open links from companies etc that they all use (as well as the media) say follow us on such and such, but when you get there other than sometimes basic stuff you get the "login to continue" Posted Image  since I am not on these sites then that is not going to happen is it!

Got a related issue with my galaxy s1, for me it is a fine phone, but cannot use the calendar app as it *must* link with a google account, well data is disabled on my account anyway on my request so unless I use wifi that is not going to work either then.

Stupid idea by Google imo. It seems very easy now to create links to malware and spam and have it ranked higher in the comment sections. Seems many Youtubers i regularly watch are disabling comments until something is done about it

The whole site is now like incredibly difficult to use, I used to have three youtube accounts, one for weather related videos, one more family stuff and one more farm related, each used a different email and it worked just fine - It has become ever more difficult to log in to the one you want as they have been trying to push you to change your name etc.That might be OK if you just have one account - no doubt some are fine with that.Anyway I've given up trying to access the weather one and started fresh - this seems to be OK but even more annoying the different email I have only used to create this new weather account is being spammed by $ based companies!I can hardly believe it, but looks to me like google are selling on your 'hidden' email addresses.