Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Is Anyone Selling/Giving Away A Weather Station?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Hey guys,

Both my weather stations unfortunately broke in the spring due to the harsh conditions in March, I never bothered to replace either of them as I had lost interest in everything but sunny weather.

Now that winter is just around the corner, it would be nice to see the temperature again instead of relying on someone else's on Wunderground.

I wouldn't like to pay a large amount for a station as I don't earn a lot of money, or if someone if giving one away, that would be amazing.

Thanks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

ill ask about for you, have you had a look on amazon i got a good one for 60 from 140 last year but they is cheaper ones even some under 20 squid  

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/279-2292211-1566241?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=weather%20station

Posted

ill ask about for you, have you had a look on amazon i got a good one for 60 from 140 last year but they is cheaper ones even some under 20 squid  

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/279-2292211-1566241?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=weather%20station

Nice one :)There's one there for £29.99 which looks alright, does DP, humidity and temp which is what I need!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I cannot paste links unfortunately, but if you go to ebay.co.uk and type in  'sirocco cresta DTX500' You'll be hard pushed to find anything cheaper than that i suspect. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I cannot paste links unfortunately, but if you go to ebay.co.uk and type in  'sirocco cresta DTX500' You'll be hard pushed to find anything cheaper than that i suspect. Posted Image

I've done it for you http://popular.ebay.co.uk/mobile-home-phones/sirocco.htm Good find Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

I don't have £44 at the minute :(

Can anyone give me some advice, I would like to set up an internet weather station and was thinking of getting the Davis Pro2, if any of you guys have the Pro2 can you please advise, I know they are very expensive in the UK and I can get on from America for a lot less even after paying import duty, what do you think.

Thanks

Bunty.

Ps I use an Apple Mac computer and I do believe I can link the Davis Pro2 to the Mac.

Posted

Can anyone give me some advice, I would like to set up an internet weather station and was thinking of getting the Davis Pro2, if any of you guys have the Pro2 can you please advise, I know they are very expensive in the UK and I can get on from America for a lot less even after paying import duty, what do you think.

Thanks

Bunty.

Ps I use an Apple Mac computer and I do believe I can link the Davis Pro2 to the Mac.

I think the wireless VP2 from America cannot be used in this country due to frequency regs. The cabled version would probably need a transformer to take into account the different voltages plus will you be covered by a warranty?. It is a great bit of kit if you're willing to stump up a wad of money(beyond purchase when things go wrong it hits the wallet a bit hard at times - my temperature/humidity sensor needed replacing last week at a cost of £150!).